Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

Hawg G

If Guardians didn't want to have a linear narrative, it shouldn't have spent so much time and effort (boringly) trying to establish one.

In all honesty, for the price of all fhe preshows and queue "story" a very nice outdoor coaster, like Cheerah Hunt could have been put in probably all 4 parks.
Providing desperately needed ride capacity.

Vegas Disney Fan

In all honesty, for the price of all fhe preshows and queue "story" a very nice outdoor coaster, like Cheerah Hunt could have been put in probably all 4 parks.
Providing desperately needed ride capacity.
Disney could never get away with that though, a non themed coaster with exposed supports and track would cause a complete meltdown in the fanbase. Coasters like Tron and Slinky are already pushing that limit. Even an amazing coaster like the new Jurassic coaster thats half themed and half non themed would receive massive backlash in a Disney park.

Disney could likely build an entire amusement park for what Guardians cost but it wouldn’t be a theme park and certainly wouldn’t be anywhere near Disney quality.

Casper Gutman

Disney could never get away with that though, a non themed coaster with exposed supports and track would cause a complete meltdown in the fanbase. Coasters like Tron and Slinky are already pushing that limit. Even an amazing coaster like the new Jurassic coaster thats half themed and half non themed would receive massive backlash in a Disney park.

Disney could likely build an entire amusement park for what Guardians cost but it wouldn’t be a theme park and certainly wouldn’t be anywhere near Disney quality.
I think the math is a bit off here - for the cost of CR, Disney should be able to build three Everest level coasters. That makes the comparison a bit more compelling.

By the way, EE is an example of a coaster with a strong, straightforward story told with intelligence and subtly by weaving it throughout the queue. And it doesn't even need any screen-filled pre-shows.

EPCOTCenterLover

The emphasis on screen preshows seems to be a necessity because the company continues to use movie stars and won't choose to build Animatronic figures. The case could be solved by not using known widely actors as the main characters. This would take getting creative and coming up with original stories. But we know the possibility of that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It was the last CM friends and family event, but unsure if there are any other departments running preview that were not part of that group.
I was told that by one of the CMs guarding the castle's wall of evergreen-on-a-cart.

She said that yesterday (Tuesday) was the last preview day and the ride was going dark for a few days (which turns out to be, at most, two). When I asked about a possible soft opening, she was (properly) noncommittal.

So...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I was told that by one of the CMs guarding the castle's wall of evergreen-on-a-cart.

She said that yesterday (Tuesday) was the last preview day and the ride was going dark for a few days (which turns out to be, at most, two). When I asked about a possible soft opening, she was (properly) noncommittal.

So...
It would be nice to see some unannounced soft opens like the old days. Fingers crossed.

Incomudro

I remember getting on the Rock 'n' Roller coaster for a soft opening. A very exciting and pleasant surprise, fingers crossed for those at Epcot.
That happened with my family when Star Tours was re-done.
We didn't even know about soft openings, what they were or anything...
We just happened to be around, stumbled upon cast member letting in small amounts of people in.
We might have been let in partially because our twin son's were about 6 years old at the time.

Magic Feather

Disney has not published any specs on speed and height, which I don't think are particularly impressive as isolated stats.
I’m under the impression that height, for Disney at least, is a pretty impressive stat. Most of the stats for this attraction are impressive enough (once again by Disney standards) to where I’m surprised they haven’t been publicized.

Hawg G

The emphasis on screen preshows seems to be a necessity because the company continues to use movie stars and won't choose to build Animatronic figures. The case could be solved by not using known widely actors as the main characters. This would take getting creative and coming up with original stories. But we know the possibility of that.
I think preshows have taken over at Disney because they need to give a long experience to try and make guests think they are getting more enjoyment.

Incomudro

I think preshows have taken over at Disney because they need to give a long experience to try and make guests think they are getting more enjoyment.
I agree.
They certainly augment the ride, and stretch out the process.
Rides themselves may be three minutes long, and often less - but pre shows stretch the experience.

TrainsOfDisney

Pre-shows used to be part of the experience. Think Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror. Now they are mostly just screens with someone telling you a backstory.

They did a pretty good job with Rise and MF. Having the “pre-show” be getting to explore the chess room was a really cool idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom