Hour long wait to get through TTC security today - May 23

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
FD8EE03D-B496-4B31-9F22-3548C5659B59.jpeg

Somebody on Reddit said they received this coin at Magic Kingdom today.
Makes me wonder if something is causing more concern lately.

CntrlFlPete

I know I had mentioned in one of the Tram threads how the last two times I've gone to MK the trams were not running when we got there at 9:30 AM -- we would be parked in Scar and walk with a horde of people to TTC. For us, the backup was right where you go under that bridge (the picture is just after where I speak of.

It never took us an hour to get through security from that point (but I imagine they could be doing more screening).

Anyway, I feel a lot of folks try to rope drop these days causing a lot of folks to arrive at the same time. The way things were done those two times I went recently is that as you follow this line, the guest from the parking lot are hoarded down to the last screening point (by the heroes Tram load/unload area. The closet screening point was being used for groups (schools and such) that arrive by bus to the TTC.

I imagine this all helps hotel guest enjoy their 30 minutes as the flow to the MK is somewhat controlled.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I know I had mentioned in one of the Tram threads how the last two times I've gone to MK the trams were not running when we got there at 9:30 AM -- we would be parked in Scar and walk with a horde of people to TTC. For us, the backup was right where you go under that bridge (the picture is just after where I speak of.

It never took us an hour to get through security from that point (but I imagine they could be doing more screening).

Anyway, I feel a lot of folks try to rope drop these days causing a lot of folks to arrive at the same time. The way things were done those two times I went recently is that as you follow this line, the guest from the parking lot are hoarded down to the last screening point (by the heroes Tram load/unload area. The closet screening point was being used for groups (schools and such) that arrive by bus to the TTC.

I imagine this all helps hotel guest enjoy their 30 minutes as the flow to the MK is somewhat controlled.
Yes the trams are not running first thing, which results in a mass of guests walking in. Combined with the low numbers of operational checkpoints, it creates a backlog. The whole process if very poorly operated and is a terrible way to start the day at the park.

po1998

Yes the trams are not running first thing, which results in a mass of guests walking in. Combined with the low numbers of operational checkpoints, it creates a backlog. The whole process if very poorly operated and is a terrible way to start the day at the park.
WDW constantly finding ways to make guest satisfaction go lower and lower, and at the same time emptying your wallet more and more. SMH. 😞

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom