The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Tony the Tigger

For some reason, my lobster pic has not transferred from my phone to my laptop yet, but here is a sunset from Lazy Days restaurant in Marathon Key. I had a fantastic lobster fra diavolo over linguine there. (Everything is good.)

From the little place next to our hotel, my favorite mojo pork sandwich for lunch (got it two days in a row - hey, I picked a different side, anyway LOL.) And a big ol' puppy, who surprisingly did not bark at the chickens while we ate our lunch.

To my recollection, the chickens used to only run loose in Key West. But now they are in Marathon for sure, all over the place.sunset keys.jpgmojo pork keys.jpgpuppy keys.jpg

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
For some reason, my lobster pic has not transferred from my phone to my laptop yet, but here is a sunset from Lazy Days restaurant in Marathon Key. I had a fantastic lobster fra diavolo over linguine there. (Everything is good.)

From the little place next to our hotel, my favorite mojo pork sandwich for lunch (got it two days in a row - hey, I picked a different side, anyway LOL.) And a big ol' puppy, who surprisingly did not bark at the chickens while we ate our lunch.

To my recollection, the chickens used to only run loose in Key West. But now they are in Marathon for sure, all over the place.
Welcome home!!!!!!!!!!! We missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you had a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you gotten your posting issues fixed yet?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
...and here's the aforementioned lobster "dining event."

View attachment 639632
Nice photo! (Almost as nice as mine!) :p

Cute picture of Kylie, too! I love that she always goes on vacation with you guys! 🥰

Oh, I've been meaning to ask you -- do your stores have any Memorial Day Weekend (end of this month) big sales for your local customers? I know you usually do well in the stores on holiday weekends, when peeps have more time to browse, etc.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Long story short, decided recently to donate my old car to charity (Vietnam Veterans of MA). A number of charities up here work with the car auction houses (some of those are huge), and the buyers bid on them. Some buyers (usually dealers, but others, too) buy the cars for repairs they know are needed--so they can flip for a higher price to sell; some are bought just for parts; and some go to salvage places and sold for the metal. The auction houses get a percent of the sales, and the charities get a percent (varies how much, depending upon various deals each has set up).

Good thing is that the auction places tow the car away for free, so that's helpful, particularly in the case of a car you know you can't sell for much anyway.

Then, of course, there's the social sideshow going on in the driveway, between tow driver and hubs. Guys just love to talk about cars -- old cars, new cars, cars that work, and cars that don't. :p Hubs enjoyed helping the guy push the car (big fun 🤦‍♀️) on to the rear hitch (truck was a very long flatbed with one car already on top of it). Ours was dinky -- so the tow guy set it up for towing, hitched up to the back of this large truck, with our car's back wheels on the road. (Man had to haul both cars to the MA/NY border.) It was the highlight of hubs' morning. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom