Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Joel

I'll say that if I'm a paying resort guest, deluxe/dvc even, and I can't purchase G+ if/when I want it, then I will be livid. My guess is that they will open to resort guests earlier than off site but still it's crazy to just cut the availability like that. I would sooner expect them to increase the LL allocation before reducing the number of G+ purchases.
People staying at deluxes should be livid they don't get G+ included. But somehow they keep paying those absurd rates anyway.

jmp85

That and, probably the biggest issue for me, Fastpass wouldn't change your return time to something that might conflict with another reservation in the seconds between selecting it and confirming.

"Hey look, there's a lightning lane for ToT at 11:30AM, we can do that before we hop to MK for our 2PM paid LL for 7 Dwarfs!"

Disney 3 seconds later: "You're confirmed ToT return time is 3:30PM, thanks for using Genie+ and have a magical day!"
Right there with you. I could rant about my Genie+ experience all day. It just wasn't worth paying for, period. I perceived close to zero value -- unless you count getting to walk onto Pirates when the stand by was only 20 minutes, then yeah, some value exists.

Jeff4272

You're looking at this the wrong way. That is only one piece of it. Using the numbers in your example, 10,000 people may want to purchase Genie+ but only 5,000 people will be able to - as it will sell out after 5,000 sales (made up numbers, again). The less people using it, the better the inventory will be.
Neither is true

When you bought in advance, you had to buy every day you had a ticket...........Now if i go for 6 days, 4 park days, i might only buy for HS and MK days and not for AK and Epcot days

Thepuma

The sad thing is, any of us on this forum alone could have known how bad this was gonna be and what kinda fire they would have, if their own management couldn’t see that, fire them all

It's because the Directors and Management are so out of touch, probably old money driven fools... and I wouldn't mind betting have never been in a Disney Park, let alone used FP+.

Disney Glimpses

Neither is true

When you bought in advance, you had to buy every day you had a ticket...........Now if i go for 6 days, 4 park days, i might only buy for HS and MK days and not for AK and Ecpot days
I was simplifying it. The point is, the inventory will be set and that will include all grandfathered pre-purchases and same day purchases.

Here's the bottom line - the experience they had drawn up last year was based on an estimated number of purchases. That will be the guiding star here. If you are able to purchase it, you should have a good experience with it because not everyone will be able to purchase it after a certain point. That's their plan, anyways.

Chi84

Premium Member
That and, probably the biggest issue for me, Fastpass wouldn't change your return time to something that might conflict with another reservation in the seconds between selecting it and confirming.

"Hey look, there's a lightning lane for ToT at 11:30AM, we can do that before we hop to MK for our 2PM paid LL for 7 Dwarfs!"

Disney 3 seconds later: "You're confirmed ToT return time is 3:30PM, thanks for using Genie+ and have a magical day!"
We booked Rise for 1:05 and were confirmed for 3:40, which didn't work well for us. Then the ride went down and 2 of our party of 6 were unable to ride. They gave us a refund with because we had to leave the park before the ride resumed operation. I noticed extremely long lines at guest service locations this past trip.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I was simplifying it. The point is, the inventory will be set and that will include all grandfathered pre-purchases and same day purchases.

Here's the bottom line - the experience they had drawn up last year was based on an estimated number of purchases. That will be the guiding star here. If you are able to purchase it, you should have a good experience with it because not everyone will be able to purchase it after a certain point. That's their plan, anyways.
They are going create a new problem or more by fixing a problem this way

Typical Disney management decisions

pdude81

You're looking at this the wrong way. That is only one piece of it. Using the numbers in your example, 10,000 people may want to purchase Genie+ but only 5,000 people will be able to - as it will sell out after 5,000 sales (made up numbers, again). The less people using it, the better the inventory will be.
My concern here is that by limiting the sales they will drive up demand, so you might then anger the people who are having trouble getting it early plus those showing up at 10 when the lines are already starting to back up and didn't have a chance. Now I do get that the lines should be doing better if fewer people are purchasing it, but we still might have that "fast finger" problem that we have with all VQ's if they limit this too much early on.

darth-vader-alter-the-deal.gif

Disney Glimpses

My concern here is that by limiting the sales they will drive up demand, so you might then anger the people who are having trouble getting it early plus those showing up at 10 when the lines are already starting to back up and didn't have a chance. Now I do get that the lines should be doing better if fewer people are purchasing it, but we still might have that "fast finger" problem that we have with all VQ's if they limit this too much early on.

darth-vader-alter-the-deal.gif
It isn't ideal but there need to be limits or class privileges (60 day resort FP+ selections) in some way. A free for all just won't work unless you substantially increase the price.

Jeff4272

I still am perplexed how inventory for a paid FP service is worse than when it was free - even as an AP arriving on a random day. I just don't get it.
This is my biggest question too........

How the heck is Genie(-) worse then FP+ when everyone got FP+ and only 1/3 of guests are buying Genie(-) and supposedly capacity has been capped at a lower rate

all the FP+ haters main point was that it took spots away from the standby line....So shouldn't the standby line fly now that only 1/3 of the guests are using the old FP+?

WDW blows

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom