Overlapping Reservation Question

reptar77

Original Poster
We were lucky enough to get DVC rooms booked at the last min but there will have to be a split stay btw 2 resorts. The stay is AKL 5/17-5/19 & BCV 5/18-5/20. I have overlapped a day on purpose so we would not be without a room to go back to for medical reasons and we have points to burn. Our intent is to change resorts around dinner time on 5/18. Has anyone had problems with this or had a room cancelled? I keep seeing varying reports of horror.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
We were lucky enough to get DVC rooms booked at the last min but there will have to be a split stay btw 2 resorts. The stay is AKL 5/17-5/19 & BCV 5/18-5/20. I have overlapped a day on purpose so we would not be without a room to go back to for medical reasons and we have points to burn. Our intent is to change resorts around dinner time on 5/18. Has anyone had problems with this or had a room cancelled? I keep seeing varying reports of horror.
I don’t think either room would be cancelled.

But there could be problems getting doors to unlock using magic bands; not sure about the magic mobile feature. It might be a good idea to ask for a key to the world card for both rooms which should work independently of each other.

Charging back to the room could also be a problem once you’ve checked in to the second room. Any charges might end up on the second room at that point.

RememberWhen

I asked DVC about this and they just said “we may have problems” but wouldn’t be more specific. I think you’ll likely run into issues with doors not unlocking. They said “Disney knows you can’t be in two places at once” so I assume the system glitches. We decided against overlapping reservations in the end. I’d be interested in hearing how it works out for you.

Club Cooloholic

I asked DVC about this and they just said “we may have problems” but wouldn’t be more specific. I think you’ll likely run into issues with doors not unlocking. They said “Disney knows you can’t be in two places at once” so I assume the system glitches. We decided against overlapping reservations in the end. I’d be interested in hearing how it works out for you.
Gotta love how helpful DVC was to you.

correcaminos

We actually had a CM tell us we cannot book more than one room in our name at the same time and that one would be canceled. This was when using father and son names who were not Jr/Sr because middle name was different. That was in 2015 even. People have reported issues of issues with reservations not working trying to do this. Disney's system tends to glitch when you do.

SteveAZee

Without going into too much detail, there were five of us in a two bedroom for 10 days, but two people wanted to have a night away, so I arranged a studio for them mid-trip. I was the main person for the two bedroom room, and of the couple was the main person on the studio... I even added the whole party to the studio just for pool hopping reasons. Anyway, DVC didn't have issues with all of us for that one night being booked in two places; they only seemed to care that for that night, the main person was different.

Long story short, can you have a different person in your party be the main person in one or the other reservation, then just add the rest of the party to each?

Update… We had NO problems at all. Magicbands worked to unlock doors and MDE worked just fine. We didn’t bother with room charging but based on when I received my folio I think the room charging would stay with the first resort you checked into.
We had the same main person on the reservation at both resorts.
Thank you for this update!
We have a similar situation coming up next week. We booked a package from UK quite some time ago - but in that time became DVC members. We added on a welcome home stay at Boardwalk for the last few days of our vacation - so have a few overlapping days - and had worries!

Great to hear no issues unlocking your room as that was my initial concern! Thanks so much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom