Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

Anteater

Dude… you do know there is a simple search by user feature right?

And that stepper motors allow precise positioning?

And that the degree of variability you are eluding to when you are talking about something that only lasts seconds and is only going 20-30 mph is absolutely nowhere near the kind of scale you are talking about.

Timing alone? Heard of position sensors?

You are seriously just talking from your rear trying to cover your retreat. It’s pretty sad
Steppers are one way to do that. However, with this weight, I would think a servo might work better.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
No ride photos on Tuesday I was told no photos until 27th

We went yesterday (Wednesday) for the previews got to go twice. The first ride in the morning we were given someone else photo on MDE. The 2nd ride in the afternoon we got our on ride photo. I love the preshows as well.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
We went yesterday (Wednesday) for the previews got to go twice. The first ride in the morning we were given someone else photo on MDE. The 2nd ride in the afternoon we got our on ride photo. I love the preshows as well.
When exactly does the ride photo take place?

Hawg G

Dude… you do know there is a simple search by user feature right?

And that stepper motors allow precise positioning?

And that the degree of variability you are eluding to when you are talking about something that only lasts seconds and is only going 20-30 mph is absolutely nowhere near the kind of scale you are talking about.

Timing alone? Heard of position sensors?

You are seriously just talking from your rear trying to cover your retreat. It’s pretty sad
Oh sure, I know nothing of industrial sensors, you’re right. And I’ve never ridden Gringotts when rotation was off. And I have no idea about how quickly a roller coaster runs, and how much track it covers in a second, or how quickly motors can react to turn a one ton coaster car. I mean, clearly the little motors on the trains can spin those things almost immediately at incredible precision. All in real time, wirelessly, as the train is going down the track. I mean, if that’s what is happening, I’m insanely impressed. They are , after all, from a coaster manufacturer known for the gaps between their wheels and track. Precision indeed.

It’s unreal just how much you think Disney is capable of doing on their rides. Yet they never seem to actually meet those high expectations.

I recall how we were all going to be blown away by the super realistic laser blasts in RotR.

Last edited by a moderator:

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
When exactly does the ride photo take place?
I haven't figured that out yet lol. Going again on Wednesday. I will try to find out. Here is my wife and brother on ride photo.

IMG_9499.jpg

Rich Brownn

That is fair. And I don't mean I don't enjoy those said attractions. They are snooze fests to most because of their lack of care and upkeep to their concepts with Imagination obviously being the worst offender from what it once was before the changes. I totally agree with you. It is just sad the bones of the attractions are there and what we want them to be. And the newer ones lack capacity or accessibility.
Epcot still has some of my favourite attractions like Spaceship Earth and Living With the Land. Journey needs an update and is another all ages ride. Sadly, Universe of Energy was another ride I enjoyed as a kid and as an adult.

Where the park lacks is attractions in World Showcase. Germany and Japan and UK/Canada really need attractions. That and a replacement of Nemo and turning Seas into something worth visiting again.
Japan and Germany were designed to have attractions. Japan suffered from a constructional miscalculation so the planned "Meet The World" show never opened (It was a Carousel-of-Pohress like show. The actual Japan park got it). Gemany was supposed to have the Rhine River Cruise, the building was built (you can knock on the big tapestry and find the boarded up entrance). but the ride never materialized.

Tonto

Right?! If only they would actually shoot us with real lasers, now that's immersion. 🙄🙄
LOLOL.

I hadn't read spoilers before I rode and my review was done before I read other's comments. I did not know others are reporting motion sickness, I had a rough ride but I attribute it to me getting older. I have done well on UNI rides - the only issue I have had in the past is during FoP when we go into the caves. I figured my motion sickness is more of the G's being used than an issue with the video.

I was a little surprised at the thrill level (and I hope they do not change it) as I have seen Disney tone down so much over the years (toy story use to spin a lot faster, certainly for the AP previews -- even the heads in the HM do not pop up as fast as they once did).

The reason I did reply though is to say they should move the on ride photo camera or tone something down there. I was the only one (of four) in the car photo who did not have their hair covering their face ;-)
Personally, I get that this is Disney, but they did need a couple of new thrill rides.
I do think this is an attempt to satisfy families with teens, and I think it checks that box and long overdue. 7 Dwarfs and Slinky doesn't quite scratch that coaster itch for me.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Oh sure, I know nothing of industrial sensors, you’re right. And I’ve never ridden Gringotts when rotation was off. And I have no idea about how quickly a roller coaster runs, and how much track it covers in a second, or how quickly motors can react to turn a one ton coaster car. I mean, clearly the little motors on the trains can spin those things almost immediately at incredible precision. All in real time, wirelessly, as the train is going down the track. I mean, if that’s what is happening, I’m insanely impressed. They are , after all, from a coaster manufacturer known for the gaps between their wheels and track. Precision indeed.

It’s unreal just how much you think Disney is capable of doing on their rides. Yet they never seem to actually meet those high expectations.

I recall how we were all going to be blown away by the super realistic laser blasts in RotR.
Yes, you do keep demonstrating what yoj do not know as you keep going for hyperbole and exaggeration to try to defend your WAGs

And yes,the blaster effects in RotR are awesome

FettFan

Just FWIW I think Disney has divorced themselves of anything related to Jackson and I doubt we’ll ever see Eo again. They don’t even show the Simpson episode where he voiced a character anymore (on D+ or syndication) over concerns about the accusations of molestation.

Then, just like the computers in my high school library during Senior Prank Day….

the mouse’s balls are missing.

FettFan

Probably didn't want to deal with Sony (or Sony just flat out said no...)

Aye. That makes sense. Disney just saving money by thumbing through the music that they already own through their numerous acquisitions.

Still though, using Gloria Estefan’s ‘Conga’ in GotG is surely going to give some of us Vietnam-style flashbacks to the obnoxious ‘Under New Management’.

newmanagement2_disney.jpg

Thank god Peter Quill never experienced Boyz II Men.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Haven't been following this thread because I like to ride spoiler-free.

It's fun! It's good. It's the most fun ride at Epcot, but that isn't saying much. It is not incredible. I would like for the people calling it the best ride at WDW to take a step back and think about the fact that your first ride on this is obviously going to be more exciting than your 20th ride on Flight of Passage or (insert ride here). The queue and buildup are quite good and might have been ranked as the best at WDW, were they not already previously surpassed by Flight of Passage and Rise of the Resistance (okay, Rise's actual queue before the first pre-show isn't great but everything from the pre-show onward tops this).

I probably don't have much else to say that hasn't already been said.

I was slightly underwhelmed by the thrill level of the coaster. I was hoping for Hagrid's level of thrills, but it's not there. In my opinion, Everest remains the most intense WDW coaster, with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster coming in second for its launch alone.

After such an elaborate queue experience, the coaster portion, devoid of ANY physical sets, props, or animatronics, feels a bit empty and very unbalanced. One brief slowdown at a physical set with some animatronics halfway through would have gone a long way. I agree with everyone who said the brightness of the screens kills the illusion in many areas and seems like something that should have been considered for such a massive price tag attraction. I also didn't like that all of the "story" during the coaster portion is conveyed through onboard banter dialogue. You don't even see the Guardians, you only hear them. You feel disconnected. I also found the dialogue volume to be too low and a bit muffled. There's a big issue with this because the ride, being a coaster, means people are screaming and also singing along, making the dialogue even harder to hear. This is something I hope they work on.

I was under the impression that during the ride we would be rewinding through time while trying to stop the bad guy, and honestly that is a way cooler concept than "uh oh, you just got here but we've gotta get you outta here!", which felt uninspired, so that was also a letdown.

Finally, does this fit Epcot? No. If Xandar were a real place and they were showcasing real technology, then yeah, sure. But, since it's all fictional, it's a bit of a cop-out. The ride portion being only an escape from a bad guy and nothing to do with the initial premise only further muddies the forced "connection" to Epcot. However, it does fit better than Frozen, Ratatouille, and Nemo, so that's something.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom