Trip Report THE ONE WITHOUT a BUDDY

(For those of you just joining us, please go read “THE ONE FOR DINNER” before continuing.)

Hello my fellow Magicians!!!
I have been called the rain goddess, the harbinger of doom and plain ✈️ bad luck.

What kind of drama did I get myself into this time? Well as the name implies, this was a solo trip. Not this guy…
Star Wars Salute GIF

I narrowly missed some buddies, met some new buddies and reunited with some old buddies. But I know what you are all thinking….how was my flight(s)?

I have eluded to this story in @Tuvalu ’s TR but here it is. We will call it the EPILOGUE and I will try to be brief.

Two weeks after our Dinner trip, Tone and I were set to fly to PBI. We had an 8:50pm flight on Friday night because our youngest had a lacrosse game at 4:00. This would allow is to go to his game then head to the airport. His game of course got pushed back to 5:30. It was pouring and we had to drive to JFK and park so we saw about 5 minutes of the little guys game.
No traffic. 👍
Found parking immediately👍
One person in line in front of us at TSA precheck👍
Flight on time👍
“Let’s sit and have dinner.”
We see an acquaintance in the restaurant. He is on a major morning news show and is good friends with the people I work for therefore, I will not throw him under the bus. But, as we were heading to the gate we stopped by his table to say hi.
“Is your flight delayed?” He asks.
I felt like I had been sucker punched. I deflated. He had just jinxed me. Five minutes later we get the notification we will be delayed 30 minutes.
Thirty minutes is no biggie. We were waiting on our plane. Our plane arrived but then we were told our crew was on an inbound flight that would not be in until 11:45 pm. For those of you struggling with the math that is almost a three hour delay.
200.gif

I am afraid our flight attendants will time out. They don’t and we push back about midnight. Then go right back to the gate.
big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

A woman has decided she is too sick to fly. As the woman sitting next to Tone so eloquently put it, “we have had a three effin hour delay. And NOW your sick?”
And we wait for a new manifest.

We land in West Palm about 3:45am. The rental cars are offsite and do not open until 5am. I look for an Uber to take us to our hotel. $58!
We hem
We haw
We decide we will Uber, use our son’s truck for the day and have him drive us to the airport tonight (because our flight back is tonight-Saturday)
I go back on Uber, $98.
“No way!!!”
We find a bench outside and get comfy.
I call the hotel. The charge has already been put through but I convince the young man to reverse the charge.
At 4:30 the shuttle comes for the car rental place. At 5:00am they open.
We have plans to meet Tone’s brother, wife and two of their kids for breakfast at 8:45. We decide we will drive to my son’s house and crash on their couch (like 14feet long!) for a few hours. We pull into his driveway at 6:00am but are afraid to go inside and wake them. Their game is at noon so we want them to sleep. Instead, we sleep in the car in the driveway until 7:30. Then I sneak inside to use the restroom (my son is in the master BR so has his own) while my son snores on.
We then go to BIL’s hotel to use their shower and eat breakfast.
At breakfast for @MickeyCB
C571A1BD-61C3-47AF-944E-A4EB1A2F59A6.jpeg

By 10:30 we are headed to the game.
For @wdisney9000
F70F959A-80ED-4333-A53D-600C9A53E51D.jpeg

Tailgated:
A3D649C1-6A27-4EE9-AD0A-36CB7A9D1811.jpeg

Took a few pix. The first is from high school. They now play together in college so I had to recreate it:
1228A5C4-4F45-4541-8E64-25C02F805B01.jpeg

3B682FB2-E6C8-4103-B013-AED3BF13F5BE.jpeg

Our flight home was delayed, of course. We landed about 1:00am Sunday morning. By 2:00am I was fast asleep.

So how would this flight be???
Stay tuned….

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Congratulations!!!!
Thank you. It hasn't hit me that it is over. Because of his lacrosse we were really involved with his school life. I will miss his team and the families and, of course, the tailgates🍻😂
The title of this trip report is false.
That was just a small interlude. Let’s call it a commercial break.
Oh my goodness! Congratulations on the graduation and he looks just like Vinny!
Totally right!
@Rista1313 first came up with that.
I had a tshirt made for him and he wore it one halloween😂😂

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Just finished up your last 10 posts and laughed out loud once again. 🤣 🤣 Love all the commentary on the guests and CM's that you interacted with along the way and you certainly had some interesting stories told to you. :oops: I'm with you on how the bathrooms used to be so clean in the early days at Disney and if someone dropped a kernel of popcorn on the ground, a custodian would be sweeping it up behind you! How fun that you got the chance to enjoy the Lily margarita from Mexico which was such an incredible presentation! Sorry about the stupid Genie + SE reservation.:rolleyes: I'm with you on the strikeouts and only hope they go back to the old fastpass system one of these days! Congrats to your son on his graduation and it looks like you got to have a nice meal at Vero Beach Disney afterwards? We've visited there a few times when my parents lived in that area. So great to meet up with you at WL!
It was great finally meeting you too!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Saturday April 9 cont

I walked back to my room at SSR from DS.

I drove to my son’s game. It was cold. Good thing I had my rain coat!
AF09A958-FD31-48A0-A388-797641497D07.jpeg

C2C84D2C-BB78-43B4-8423-261A0A4864A0.jpeg

(Looks like it was windy too😂)

I drove back to SSR and decided to get some dinner at Artists Palette. @amjt660 you will be disappointed.

I fell in love with this…
08CF87DA-B5CE-4D65-9E3B-10CF973D98DF.jpeg

F7EBEEEE-1ABC-45C2-904A-6ED103C40D55.jpeg

…but it is not very practical so I passed. Plus I had zero room in my luggage. Zero.

I ordered pizza an purchased a couple reusable mugs with the 50th anniversary design on them. They had some cute Easter baskets in the small little SSR shop.
7F9D41E4-ED0A-4CCE-9D9C-3093E7D40D2C.jpeg

6BF66135-FA81-4F8D-BCC5-1BACC3FE4305.jpeg

I took my dinner back to my room
D4270ED1-FC8B-4CFE-830F-ABC993045DD8.jpeg

I never get cake out because it is always so dry and not worth the calories. But this was peanut butter and chocolate.
Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

7996B0DD-B48A-4E25-8112-547135B3A188.jpeg

It was dry and flavorless I am sorry to report.

Right about now I would have loved a soak in the jacuzzi but remember I told you it was cold. Well, it was still cold. Instead I took a long, hot, uninterrupted bath.🛀

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday April 10
I was up bright and early, thanks to a knock on my door from housekeeping. There is an entire thread about this but housekeeping now knocks on your door on your check out morning. I think it is very rude and another example of how Disney no longer values it’s guests. If check out is 11:00 I will be gone by 11:00. If there are housekeepers sitting around all morning adjust their shift start time or change check out time. Why does this become our problem, as the guest. I assume when they had ME they new a large portion of check out times. They took that away and now pound on our doors instead. Bad show Disney. Why not add a question to our mobile check in asking when we will check out?? So many better ways to handle this. Do I have to do everything???
(PS careful of that thread, some think this is ok and one user, who will remain nameless, alluded to the fact that I was lying about the early knocking because I dont like housekeepers. 😂 I wish I could make this stuff up!!!)

I told you it was cold…
(I am NOT a liar!)
5EA28B93-6710-40E4-972D-8A19D3C5EDD9.png

Breakfast on the balcony with a beautiful view…
F3E2ECE1-1390-4B51-88F3-E87471421C50.jpeg

65507A3D-57E1-42AF-9CDA-CB6FAF755BF2.jpeg

A7AE7F42-DFB7-4299-A9D5-D1D06B6565AE.jpeg

Look at that blue sky.
Look at that…palm tree???
9366B47E-FFB7-4A4B-BAC3-076F214EFEA7.jpeg

I checked out then drove over to the Congress Park section of SSR. From there it is a hop, skip and jump to Disney Springs. Besides the cups I had not bought anything. No room in the luggage remember. However, just like jello, there is always room for pins.
This is what I bought:
7A915959-6552-4B99-BCC6-E0886E65BED5.jpeg

I spy with my lying eye…
2895F31B-26B2-4CE9-9F85-5ED162961708.jpeg

For my middle son,
BD6BB9F8-D40B-4981-BA90-122FB18B0496.jpeg

Because it is so pretty. I would love to paint my bathtub this color🛀
128813B4-9261-4050-A794-4FC7316342C6.jpeg

And Tink.
A79B5467-2AE7-431D-A1A1-C019719CCF82.jpeg

It was almost time to leave for the airport but I was really craving something.
Any guesses???

lindawdw

I bought that DVC sweater at the OKW gift shop last year! It’s actually well made unlike most Disney clothes! I wish the housekeeping didn’t knock on your door early on the checkout day too! This last trip they did that and I just came out and said we wouldn’t be leaving until 11:00. They did come back at 10:30 again and I reiterated we’d be leaving at 11:00.🙄. The grounds at Saratoga seems very serene!

Last edited:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
This last trip they did that and I just came out and said we wouldn’t be leaving until 11:00. They did come back at 10:30 again and I reiterated we’d be leaving at 11:00.🙄.
This is so absurd. I guess this will be the new normal? In the thread about this someone said they put a note on their door before they went to bed the last night, stating what time they would be checking out. This is what it has come to….
I bought that DVC sweater at the OKW gift shop last year! It’s actually well made unlike most Disney clothes!
I wish now I had bought it. But when I was just there it was too hot to think about sweaters.

lindawdw

This is so absurd. I guess this will be the new normal? In the thread about this someone said they put a note on their door before they went to bed the last night, stating what time they would be checking out. This is what it has come to….

I wish now I had bought it. But when I was just there it was too hot to think about sweaters.
This is definitely the new norm and the note is a great idea! It was hot and so I totally get why you weren't in the sweater buying mode. 🤣 I don't buy clothes all that often at Disney but that sweater was one I couldn't pass up!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
More dry cake?

Tina Fey Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live
In school we would bake cakes then wrap them and freeze them. Then take out cakes from the freezer we had baked the previous week, soak them in simple syrup to “moisten them”, then use those layers to fill the restaurant orders. Why not use these freshly baked layers right here???

MickeyCB

I fell in love with this…
08CF87DA-B5CE-4D65-9E3B-10CF973D98DF.jpeg

F7EBEEEE-1ABC-45C2-904A-6ED103C40D55.jpeg

…but it is not very practical so I passed. Plus I had zero room in my luggage. Zero.
You live in NY. Where it's like minus 100 in the winter!

Love love the DVC backpack!!

(PS careful of that thread, some think this is ok and one user, who will remain nameless, alluded to the fact that I was lying about the early knocking because I dont like housekeepers. 😂 I wish I could make this stuff up!!!)
Do you want me to take care of them for you? Because @Darstarr does not lie!! (Unless it's to hide pandemic snack food from her sons)! 🤣 That was you wasn't it? Forgive me if not.
WDWMagic is a scary place once you leave the trip report section. It’s like Mean Girls or Hunger Games out there!
It really is.

I was in a replying sort of mood tonight! 🤣 (Because this isn't the mean girls section)!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
You live in NY. Where it's like minus 100 in the winter!
It feels minus 100 even now!!!
Long winter. Not brutal, but long!
Do you want me to take care of them for you? Because @Darstarr does not lie!! (Unless it's to hide pandemic snack food from her sons)! 🤣 That was you wasn't it? Forgive me if not.
You are so sweet to have my back. I think I put him/her in their place. Their username is my middle son’s name. I know how to deal with them and their outbursts😂

As far as hiding food from the boys…GAC!

Songbird76

Thirsty Thursday cont

I went and road Soarin’ with my LL. I looked at what was available to book but there was nothing. I tried refreshing while I was on line but once you get deep inside those big pavilions there is no wifi, no 5G, no LTE
Episode 9 Ugh GIF by On My Block

No LL…
STRIKE SEVEN!
Disney’s lousy wi fi.

Then I went to the Figment restrooms and contemplated goint to the DVC lounge but it was closed. Of course it was.

I reached out to a friend as I started walking toward world showcase. And that friend was right behind me. I kid you not! He and his niece had just left Figment. I turn around and there they were. Friendly faces! Now I will get that hug I so desperately need!
View attachment 635370
Or not!
We eventually made up.
View attachment 635374

@wdisney9000 his BIL and C Monster!
We got drinks in France.
View attachment 635371
I got some Grey Goose thing and the boys had 1664’s

And I couldn’t pass up this photo op
View attachment 635373
Some people pose with characters, others pose against different walls, @wdisney9000 poses with his favorite refreshment. 😂
( for @lostpro9het btw)

Now I was happy…
View attachment 635372
Sorry, I'm really late...but wow, that all stinks!

But is THAT C minor??? Holy cow, she done growed up! How old is she now?

38053WDW

Thursday April 7, 2022

Should we just go ahead and call it thirsty Thursday?

I woke early to shower and grab some breakfast from my riff raff hotel off property. I wanted to be on my phone at 7 to get a LL.
I am not loving the entire Genie+ thing. From their mascot to the $ to the way it works but, since I was alone I thought I would try it. Then I could pass proper judgement.
(I hate it!)
I chose Big Thunder. However, I must have hesitated because I thought I was choosing 9:30 but I got 11:50.
STRIKE ONE
The return time can change between the time you chose your LL and the second or two later when you finish booking it.
That meant, I could not book until 11:00.
STRIKE TWO
Because MK opened at 9:00 I had to wait two hours OR after I tapped into ride my first LL. In other words, I had to now wait 4 hours to book another experience.
Tip: book the earliest LL available to allow another booking in a timely fashion.

Anyhow, I ate and then drove here:
View attachment 633292
Those clouds 😟
View attachment 633291

I parked very close then walked to the TTC.

It looks like Disney puts this moss in their trees. I mean, how else does it get there? Was this once all covered by water and when it receded the moss got stuck in the branches???
View attachment 633293

I spy…
View attachment 633294

First on:
View attachment 633295

I may have warned you about my phone. It went flying in my son’s truck a couple weeks ago and broke exactly by the camera on the selfie side. I tried not to take selfies because they turn out hazy, like this.
View attachment 633296

I entered The Magic Kingdom and took a deep breath. Nothing.
I rounded the bend at the end of Main Street and saw the castle. Nothing.
I tried and tried to get the feels. I hadn't been here in about a year and I thought I would be so happy. Nothing.
I had the exact opposite reaction of @Longers

The Disney company, as a whole has been annoying me lately. I dont like some of the choices they are making, I dont like the way the parks are being run and even their movies stink! Encanto? Really? 🤢
But even with all that I thought the Magic Kingdom would make me all happy and warm. Nothing. Wait, I did have to use the ladies room….

7DMT was already 85 minutes, at 8:33am. Instead I headed to the little mermaid.

Palm tree I love you!
View attachment 633297

Got stuck here for a bit.
View attachment 633298

Why is the ride stopping. It just opened. This annoyed me too. Park upkeep is the worst!
I'm with ya!

38053WDW

Thursday April 7 cont

I headed to Small World. It was not quite 9:00am yet and I wanted something nostalgic to get me out of my funk. I got on line and it shut down, and remains down for a long long time. Now Pan is packed so I line up with a bunch of others and wait to get into the left side of the park. Wait times are cray cray. I head into the line for Haunted Mansion. I only wait about 10 minutes and I pass the time talking to the people around me. Several tell me they love my shirt (pix to follow) and ask if they can snap a photo. One woman is a Disney travel agent and we discuss the failures of the present disney administration and the horror that is genie+ and my 4 hour rookie mistake.

Hi Buddies:
View attachment 633318

Then I think I will ride Pirates. Silly Darstarr.
It’s down. And it has friends.

View attachment 633317

STRIKE THREE SORT OF
Rides are down, forcing people into the remaining queues which are terribly slow because of LL. Although some would argue this is not Disney’s fault I ask, “is it the guests fault the rides are down?” No, my friends. I take away the “sort of”. This is STRIKE THREE.

I settle for the Pirates restroom. When I exit I ask someone to take a pix of my shirt (since I can not do selfies) to send to the girl who made it for me.
View attachment 633319

The shirt was a huge hit! I was buying a popcorn bucket and the CM laughed hysterically then called over her two buddies to show them. When I left she told me to “keep on keeping on”. I guess that was good?

I could have used a hug.
View attachment 633320

I went to ride the People Mover before it too broke down.
View attachment 633321
View attachment 633322
View attachment 633324
View attachment 633325
View attachment 633326

Then came Buzz. I had the highest score in my vehicle😂
View attachment 633323
That says 30 minutes. It was a little less.

Interesting to note, if you put your preferences in Genie (the free one) it tells you when is a good time to ride what is on your wish list. Or show times if that is what you choose. I had Space Mountain as one of my top choices of things to do. Genie told me to go to SM at 10:20 because it will be a short wait time. Hahaha. Genie must have told EVERYBODY that because it was about 10:20 when I was done with Buzz and the wait was over an hour!
Love the shirt!

38053WDW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom