News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Royal Purple Pigment

Rode this today and it was a really great ride. It is a very unique rollercoaster experience. I will leave it to others to debate the finer details but it is a great family coaster for sure!
PXL_20220508_165001235.jpg

Magenta Panther

Just watched a ride-through video posted by Paging Mr Morrow. Suffice it to say, that if you haven't actually watched a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, then this ride makes zero sense. Just like the abomination that replaced the Tower of Terror in Disneyland. Which means that this ride will be dated - if it isn't already - in just a few years. Smart move, Iger/Chapek!

Overall, CR in WDW looks to be a slight upgrade of Rockin' Roller Coaster, but with cheesier music. One of the characters makes a comment about how much he loves EPCOT (cringe), which, of course, totally justifies this thing being placed there. The humor! The irony! And screens screens screens screens screens. So much cheaper than AAs, folks!

Fail.

MagicHappens1971

Just watched a ride-through video posted by Paging Mr Morrow. Suffice it to say, that if you haven't actually watched a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, then this ride makes zero sense. Just like the abomination that replaced the Tower of Terror in Disneyland. Which means that this ride will be dated - if it isn't already - in just a few years. Smart move, Iger/Chapek!

Overall, CR in WDW looks to be a slight upgrade of Rockin' Roller Coaster, but with cheesier music. One of the characters makes a comment about how much he loves EPCOT (cringe), which, of course, totally justifies this thing being placed there. The humor! The irony! And screens screens screens screens screens. So much cheaper than AAs, folks!

Fail.
As a huge Tower of Terror fan, Mission Breakout is so much fun!! It was be jarring and out of place here at DHS, and I do not hope it comes here as I think our ToT ride system is just better anyway, but…. With that being said, I truly enjoyed Mission Breakout & DCA and rode it every day during my three day trip last summer, but you don’t have to had seen GotG to understand the attraction. You go through the collectors warehouse as the queue, and Rocket explains in the pre-show that the guardians are trapped in the collectors warehouse and we’re going to help break them out. Period. It would be like saying if you’ve never seen a twilight zone episode you can’t enjoy/understand ToT, or if you’ve never heard an Aerosmith song you can’t enjoy RNRC. I ride Cosmic Rewind on Tuesday, but from the content already released about it, it doesn’t seem as though you would have to know much about the guardians to have fun and understand the attraction. Also even if you haven’t seen a Marvel film almost everyone who follows entertainment/pop culture knows who most of these characters are.

Edit: also Mission Breakout opened almost 5 years ago and it’s not “dated”.

Incomudro

Fail.
This ride doesn't need to make sense at all to be a blast.
And by every indication, it is!
People don't even need to have seen the films at all to enjoy it.
Nice try on dismissing it though.

donsullivan

Premium Member
They were turning people back and making announcements about not coming early when I was going through check in.
2:50 PM- They let us in 10 minutes before window.

3:15pm- 25 minutes outside in sun before we entered building.

4:05 - 25 more minutes to grouping room.

28 minutes after indoor to Welcome Center room.

65 minutes total from entering queue outside to walking down the ramp for boarding.

4:06PM. In-line for a re-ride (standby queue). No outdoor queue right now and less than 50% of indoor queue in use.

25 minutes from entering queue to boarding on re-ride. Including a delay in one preshow sequence.

4:42pm- In queue for third ride. It’s a walk-in. I’ll share my take( to be ignored by all who choose) after this ride. Having an early dinner at Connections Cafe.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

The mirror as an inside joke is clever enough, but the blank, empty corridor is almost insulting.
If the idea was that this was backstage at an alien civilization's theme park attraction, there is SO MUCH room for clever gags and visuals. Think of MiB's break room full of worm aliens. They went to no effort here. It is amazing that a $450 million+ attraction feels this cost cut.

Last edited:

tommyhawkins

Fail.
This is an extremely bad take. You have not ridden the ride. Watching a video doesn't qualify you to wax lyrical about it.

The preshow screens are complex and nothing has been done like this by Disney before. The gravity building is incredible and there is no place for AAs considering how fast the ride is.

No video is ever going to do this ride justice, why don't you be honest about what your agenda is with all this colour commentary

donsullivan

Premium Member
This is an extremely bad take. You have not ridden the ride. Watching a video doesn't qualify you to wax lyrical about it.

The preshow screens are complex and nothing has been done like this by Disney before. The gravity building is incredible and there is no place for AAs considering how fast the ride is.

No video is ever going to do this ride justice, why don't you be honest about what your agenda is with all this colour commentary
Having just gotten off an actual ride I agree 100%. This ridiculous demand that if there are no animatronics it should be dismissed is ridiculous. The right tech should be used to enhance an experience, not just force something in because someone prefers it. On this one, after actually riding I believe they have used the right solutions.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

Having just gotten off an actual ride I agree 100%. This ridiculous demand that if there are no animatronics it should be dismissed is ridiculous. The right tech should be used to enhance an experience, not just force something in because someone prefers it. On this one, after actually riding I believe they have used the right solutions.
So you feel that, had they built the preshow scene depicted in the primary piece of concept art, that would have diminished the attraction?

Also, to Tommyhawkins, what is so innovative about the preshow screens?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom