Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Homemade Imagineering

Rest assured, whatever it is.. it will be IP based and not involve Figment or Dream Finder.
I WOULD NOT be shocked to see Turning Red shoved into there.
Well, considering they're not planning on redoing the pavilion for another good 5 years or so, wouldn't such an IP be deemed "irrelevant" by then? Considering the Inside Out concept died a while back, I don't see why the same wouldn't happen here, especially considering the fact that Turning Red doesn't lend itself to a theme park attraction as well as other properties may. I'm sure Disney could find some convoluted way to justify an attraction being built from such a property, but for now I just don't see it, especially considering how popular Figment is nowadays. To throw his presence away would be an incredibly pointless move. Then again, I wouldn't put it past Disney nowadays.

Homemade Imagineering

I know it’s been a while and the timeline ahead is still most likely nonexistent, but I am curious to hear your thoughts on the status of this project @marni1971. I’d assume things are stagnant at the moment with little to no discussions being held, but I am curious to hear your thoughts on some things that have been said in this thread such as the possibility of the complete removal of a Figment/Dreamfinder theme in favor of a completely IP driven direction (i.e., Turning Red or some other Pixar property). Or whether things remain focused towards the continuation of Figment with his own revamped attraction. In any case, I’m sure there isn’t much to give updates on atm, but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know it’s been a while and the timeline ahead is still most likely nonexistent, but I am curious to hear your thoughts on the status of this project @marni1971. I’d assume things are stagnant at the moment with little to no discussions being held, but I am curious to hear your thoughts on some things that have been said in this thread such as the possibility of the complete removal of a Figment/Dreamfinder theme in favor of a completely IP driven direction (i.e., Turning Red or some other Pixar property). Or whether things remain focused towards the continuation of Figment with his own revamped attraction. In any case, I’m sure there isn’t much to give updates on atm, but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask.
I’m afraid currently I have little interest anymore in the future of this park.

Mickeynerd17

I’m afraid currently I have little interest anymore in the future of this park.

Sadly, I know how you feel, Martin.
This is exactly what I fear.

We still need people who care for this park's future no matter how bleak it may look. If people give up, then WDO has no reason to appease fans because they don't care anymore.

We need to keep pushing for Dreamfinder's return, attractions more in-line with the park's original vision, and ultimately for a better EPCOT. If we stop now then the random IP integration will win.

Who knows, maybe a future generation of imagineers will push harder for a return to the park's roots.

Rescue Ranger

While I will always hold onto hope of Dreamfinder and Figment returning better than ever, I'll never fear Figment himself leaving the parks. If not only because he's a huge money making draw for them. Anything new Figment causes people to go crazy.

It's just too bad we no longer have a good attraction to go along with the demand of merchandise. A Figment & Dreamfinder attraction based on the comics would have been awesome too. So much wasted potential.

Cmdr_Crimson

Man… this is depressing

There's a better way to describe this...Ah, here we go...
0503171c80da97df50d6a2d6f6d4187f.jpg

Watching that felt like I was watching some PBS reboot of 321 Contact..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom