News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wasn't Boo Bash just as packed as MNSSHP?

Not even close. Nearly every attraction was a walk-on.

Very Merriest firework crowds were special, there was no crowding at all.

I concur. I went twice the first week of December (my traveling partner couldn't go, so, I got his ticket transferred to me for a second night).

It was more crowded than previous AHs, but way less crowded than my last Party Night. And with a lot of entertainment happening, there weren't long lines for rides, and it was easy to get a spot for the parade and fireworks.

BTW, the new Christmas fireworks are surprisingly good. One of the best in their repertoire. Certainly better than DE. Wish they'd make a good Halloween one.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Not even close. Nearly every attraction was a walk-on.

Very Merriest firework crowds were special, there was no crowding at all.

I haven't been since 2015 but it was walk-ons and lower crowds during the fireworks then too, I didn't think they increased the amount of tickets sold for MNSSP. Like I said, I haven't been since 2015 So I assume a lot has changed (not counting COVID) but I wouldn't have thought that the amount of tickets sold would have changed.

tanc

Mnsshp was superior with limited capacity, far more enjoyable. Way too crowded and when they block off for parades it makes it Hell to maneuver.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
We‘ve done a few MNSSHPs and then finally tried MVMCP in 2019. That party was way too packed and made us swear off all future parties. They seemed to get more crowded each year until eventually weren’t worth the expense. We only gave BOO bash a shot since it was billed as a limited attendance After Hours event, and that turned out great crowd-wise. My hope is since there are so many party dates, they could be attempting to go back to a more guest-friendly attendance cap. We’ll see...

Stupido

We‘ve done a few MNSSHPs and then finally tried MVMCP in 2019. That party was way too packed and made us swear off all future parties. They seemed to get more crowded each year until eventually weren’t worth the expense. We only gave BOO bash a shot since it was billed as a limited attendance After Hours event, and that turned out great crowd-wise. My hope is since there are so many party dates, they could be attempting to go back to a more guest-friendly attendance cap. We’ll see...
i think having it 4 nights a week will go a long way with helping monitor crowds too. Most groups that go for a week are only going to pay to go once, and having two weekend offerings means a lot of residents will most likely stick to those. I think the Tuesday/Thursday parties might be a little slower hopefully!

Last edited:

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

We never go to this, as we generally show up from out-of-state, in NOV - and attend the REAL XMAS Party.
So - monitoring CLOSELY the actual Halloween Party, as observed by those that attend. Real deal? Diluted?

JustInTime

Predictions:

-Encanto dance party
-Hardly any villains meeting
-Princesses
-Bye bye 7 Dwarfs photo op
-Sanderson Sisters soirée(character dining/dessert party etc)
-Separate reserved paid seating section for parade, fireworks and stage show
-Enchanted Tales will still be closed
Hmmmm the Sanderson Sister party sounds right up my alley

Animaniac93-98

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised they haven't tried this bolded one yet - I would think they could pretty handily put something like this into Liberty Tree on Party Nights and make a pretty penny. Turn down the lights, do some light redecorating - add The Black Flame Candle, Winifred's Spellbook, some Brooms and a big glowing Cauldron in the lobby, have the sisters making the rounds through the restaurant (would love to see Billy thrown in too, but he might be too intense for an up-close encounter). Add some live entertainment in the form of the Skeleton Band from the movie's Town Hall Party and it would sell out in an instant.

I'm not one for all these upcharge dining parties, but something like this seems like a no-brainer. And as long as the Witches are kept inside there shouldn't be a problem running the Spelltacular at the Castle, I wouldn't think.

This is actually a good idea.

Which is why it will never happen.

Jrb1979

This was a change of plan. They intended to show DE nightly for 18 months.

TRON’s acceleration is also a change of plan. They have finally realized they took WDW for granted far too much.
What happened to the unprecedented demand and the parks being busier then ever?

Vinnie Mac

TTA94

I am unaware of any final decisions other than “things will happen”. Nothing like the recent E-ticket pace but who would ever expect that kind of pace again? So many big tickets between 2017 and 2023.

Tell me one of those things that will happen consists of sparkling lights? 😂. I guess HEA can hold it’s own like it used to, but come on lol.

Animaniac93-98

Curious as to when certain attractions will close on party nights (like CoP and Tom Sawyer Island) and whether Jungle Cruise will be open. In years past, it was because they set up trick-or-treating in the queue, but last year for Boo Bash it was open.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Curious as to when certain attractions will close on party nights (like CoP and Tom Sawyer Island) and whether Jungle Cruise will be open. In years past, it was because they set up trick-or-treating in the queue, but last year for Boo Bash it was open.

Jungle Cruise is not currently on the list of attractions to be open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom