Trip Report THE ONE WITHOUT a BUDDY

(For those of you just joining us, please go read “THE ONE FOR DINNER” before continuing.)

Hello my fellow Magicians!!!
I have been called the rain goddess, the harbinger of doom and plain ✈️ bad luck.

What kind of drama did I get myself into this time? Well as the name implies, this was a solo trip. Not this guy…
Star Wars Salute GIF

I narrowly missed some buddies, met some new buddies and reunited with some old buddies. But I know what you are all thinking….how was my flight(s)?

I have eluded to this story in @Tuvalu ’s TR but here it is. We will call it the EPILOGUE and I will try to be brief.

Two weeks after our Dinner trip, Tone and I were set to fly to PBI. We had an 8:50pm flight on Friday night because our youngest had a lacrosse game at 4:00. This would allow is to go to his game then head to the airport. His game of course got pushed back to 5:30. It was pouring and we had to drive to JFK and park so we saw about 5 minutes of the little guys game.
No traffic. 👍
Found parking immediately👍
One person in line in front of us at TSA precheck👍
Flight on time👍
“Let’s sit and have dinner.”
We see an acquaintance in the restaurant. He is on a major morning news show and is good friends with the people I work for therefore, I will not throw him under the bus. But, as we were heading to the gate we stopped by his table to say hi.
“Is your flight delayed?” He asks.
I felt like I had been sucker punched. I deflated. He had just jinxed me. Five minutes later we get the notification we will be delayed 30 minutes.
Thirty minutes is no biggie. We were waiting on our plane. Our plane arrived but then we were told our crew was on an inbound flight that would not be in until 11:45 pm. For those of you struggling with the math that is almost a three hour delay.
200.gif

I am afraid our flight attendants will time out. They don’t and we push back about midnight. Then go right back to the gate.
big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

A woman has decided she is too sick to fly. As the woman sitting next to Tone so eloquently put it, “we have had a three effin hour delay. And NOW your sick?”
And we wait for a new manifest.

We land in West Palm about 3:45am. The rental cars are offsite and do not open until 5am. I look for an Uber to take us to our hotel. $58!
We hem
We haw
We decide we will Uber, use our son’s truck for the day and have him drive us to the airport tonight (because our flight back is tonight-Saturday)
I go back on Uber, $98.
“No way!!!”
We find a bench outside and get comfy.
I call the hotel. The charge has already been put through but I convince the young man to reverse the charge.
At 4:30 the shuttle comes for the car rental place. At 5:00am they open.
We have plans to meet Tone’s brother, wife and two of their kids for breakfast at 8:45. We decide we will drive to my son’s house and crash on their couch (like 14feet long!) for a few hours. We pull into his driveway at 6:00am but are afraid to go inside and wake them. Their game is at noon so we want them to sleep. Instead, we sleep in the car in the driveway until 7:30. Then I sneak inside to use the restroom (my son is in the master BR so has his own) while my son snores on.
We then go to BIL’s hotel to use their shower and eat breakfast.
At breakfast for @MickeyCB
C571A1BD-61C3-47AF-944E-A4EB1A2F59A6.jpeg

By 10:30 we are headed to the game.
For @wdisney9000
F70F959A-80ED-4333-A53D-600C9A53E51D.jpeg

Tailgated:
A3D649C1-6A27-4EE9-AD0A-36CB7A9D1811.jpeg

Took a few pix. The first is from high school. They now play together in college so I had to recreate it:
1228A5C4-4F45-4541-8E64-25C02F805B01.jpeg

3B682FB2-E6C8-4103-B013-AED3BF13F5BE.jpeg

Our flight home was delayed, of course. We landed about 1:00am Sunday morning. By 2:00am I was fast asleep.

So how would this flight be???
Stay tuned….

Disstevefan1

Thursday April 7, 2022 cont

I have stayed at Saratoga since the refurb but something about my room hit me hard. I loved it. It made me, happy. So very very happy. I took many pictures to share my happiness. This beautiful deluxe studio:
Entering the door
View attachment 634488
This was part of a lockoff with the connecting door in the entry way near the front door.
View attachment 634489
Kinda cool, looking back at the door into the full length mirror. (My version of a selfie)
View attachment 634491
Cooler at my feet🍻

Love this rack and I put it to use immediately!
View attachment 634490
Kitchenette
View attachment 634493

BathroomView attachment 634492
View attachment 634494
I personally prefer the big bottles over those teeny tiny ones. I can use as much product as I want and do not have to worry about running out
View attachment 634495
View attachment 634496
View attachment 634497
Confirmed. @Darstarr is happy! All is right in WDW !!! 👍

Disstevefan1

April 7 cont

I had decided I was heading to Epcot so I canceled my Star Tours LL at HWS in hopes of getting something at Epcot. An earlier/better time for Soarin’ popped up which I wanted to swap out my existing time for but…STRIKE FOUR , there is no modify button. I canceled it and went to rebook and got exactly the same time as I already had. Grrrrr😡

I donned my poncho, downed my beer flavored water and headed to the bus stop. Driving by in a big golf cart was one of my favorite CM’s, Mark, from Wisconsin. I yelled, “Mark!!!”
He stopped and looked at me. I said, “Darlene from…”
Mark finished my sentence”…Long Island!”

He offered me a ride but I was heading to Epcot and his golf cart is not made for the roads😂

It was raining…
View attachment 634757
View attachment 634758
View attachment 634759
Really raining.

I took the time to try to book a LL for the Star tours LL I had canceled.
Oh my gosh! Look what popped up
View attachment 634760
Frozen!!!

Only, it isnt letting me book it. Why???
It says here…
View attachment 634761

I AM NOT ELIGIBLE UNTIL 4:56???

WHAT?!?!!

Strike five!!!!

I get to Epcot and head to guest services. By scanning my magic band the CM can see my LL activity. I explain I canceled Soarin’ to rebook at an earlier time but ended up getting the same exact time.

“Oh, yes. That happens.”

I explained I canceled Star Tours but it won’t let me book anything else.

“But you did book something else.” She said in that fake chipper voice that is worse than nails on a chalkboard. “You booked Soarin’ right here at 2:56.”

“Yes I did because there is not a modify button so I had to cancel to rebook”. I explained.

We went around like this for a few more minutes. I was getting frustrated that I lost not one LL but two. She kept getting more chipper.

I tried one more time to make her understand I had two LL. Now I have one booked and I should be able to book another one. “You did book another one, you booked Soarin’”

“I ALREADY HAD SOARIN’! I was trying to get a different time.”

“You did everything right.” She said.
What the $&@!?
“Then why did I get screwed?” I answered and walked away before I said or did something regretful.

STRIKE SIX
If you cancel a LL you will essentially lose an LL unless the cancelation and rebook is done within minutes of the original booking. Because there is no modify button the program only recognizes the booking then sets your clock for two hours before you can book again (or after you tap into a booked LL) In other words, chose carefully or cancel at your own risk.

Should it really be this hard???
I have a college degree. Two even, but this is just dumb.
Genie is more broken than its predecessor and we must pay for the privilege.. :mad:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Thursday April 7 cont

Rides were down, wait times were long. I had placed a mobile order for lunch while I was on the people mover so I meandered back to Fantasyland and decided to take in Philharmagic.
What have you become? You should have horns and a pitchfork!👹
View attachment 634337
I did not like the new Coco scene. It did not match the rest of the show. It was way too long, too busy and was just forced into the existing show without a thoughtful segway in or out. Nope. Not a fan.

I tell you what I am a fan of…..
These buddies right here
View attachment 634334
We had a good ole time stompin’ and clappin’.

It was after 11:00 so I was able to make a LL. I was fairly certain I was heading to Epcot, I was pretty sure the skies were about to open up and MK was about to be flooded so therefore I was certain I was leaving after lunch. My lunch which I mobile ordered and now wish I hadn't because of the storm that was coming but when you mobile order they take your money right away. Good luck trying to get it back. Been there, barely done that.
I made a LL for Soarin’ at 5:15. I hoped that would give the storm time to pass.

Then it was finally time for my LL return time for Big Thunder. I was there as soon as my window opened. I really wanted to beat the storm.
After tapping in I could make another LL. I had been in communication with a certain 9000 and he suggested HWS. I was hoping for Epcot but made a Star Tours LL just in case he offered to foot the bill at baseline or something. Who would say no to that???
View attachment 634335
View attachment 634336
It was fun, as always.

Then I tapped “here” as I walked over to Pecos Bill’s. And then the rain began. Slow at first but everyone sought shelter and the door nazi’s at Pecos Bill’s gave up. Yep, I now had a tray full of lunch I really did not want and no where to sit.
View attachment 634338
Finally I saw a girl sitting alone. I could not tell if she was done or waiting for her food so I asked. She was done and waiting for her friend in the bathroom and allowed me to sit. Pays to ask. But I also payed it forward. I saw a couple wandering aimlessly and told them the other two seats at my table were available if they were interested. Which of course they were.
View attachment 634339
Pork carnitas rice bowl. Delicious as always.

It was raining. Hard. I wanted to get back to my car and head to Saratoga Springs.
This makes my partner so uncomfortable, but at crowded touristy dining halls I ask to share tables too. Most of the time they say of course, and it sure beats trying to eat standing up! Especially with a small child!

jasminethecat

This makes my partner so uncomfortable, but at crowded touristy dining halls I ask to share tables too. Most of the time they say of course, and it sure beats trying to eat standing up! Especially with a small child!
Honestly, I think I would like meeting new people at WDW this way. Whether it's to talk about food choices, where you're from, or how genie+ is failing you today...
1651024607962.png

Oh and @Tuvalu - that tandoori chicken flatbread does sound infinitely better than what @Darstarr threw out. Similar ingredients but tandoori chicken is made with love, not lavender.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
If the answer is no then what have I lost? I am still standing there holding a tray. Besides I have made some friends sharing tables. I still talk to a woman I met in Baseline during the pandemic when I asked if my friend and I could share a table.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Honestly, I think I would like meeting new people at WDW this way. Whether it's to talk about food choices, where you're from, or how genie+ is failing you today...
View attachment 635585

Oh and @Tuvalu - that tandoori chicken flatbread does sound infinitely better than what @Darstarr threw out. Similar ingredients but tandoori chicken is made with love, not lavender.
For the record, I ate the flat bread and threw out the drink.
The Godfather Movie GIF

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
If the answer is no then what have I lost? I am still standing there holding a tray. Besides I have made some friends sharing tables. I still talk to a woman I met in Baseline during the pandemic when I asked if my friend and I could share a table.

We were recently at Boston and we went to Fanuille hall to grab some food. They have these long standing tables and there were no empties, so I asked this couple if we could take the empty end of their table and they said yes but reluctantly. Turned out they were there as part of a group, and instead of taking one long table for the group they had spread out and taken up three tables even though the place was packed. We were being friendly with them prior to noticing that, but I don't need friends like that lol. There were whole families not finding places to eat and it was so inconsiderate. We thanked them for sharing the table, and I was so glad I asked, because the food was messy and it really helped. So no regrets, but not everyone will be a friend lol.

sheriffwoody

April 7 cont

I had decided I was heading to Epcot so I canceled my Star Tours LL at HWS in hopes of getting something at Epcot. An earlier/better time for Soarin’ popped up which I wanted to swap out my existing time for but…STRIKE FOUR , there is no modify button. I canceled it and went to rebook and got exactly the same time as I already had. Grrrrr😡

I donned my poncho, downed my beer flavored water and headed to the bus stop. Driving by in a big golf cart was one of my favorite CM’s, Mark, from Wisconsin. I yelled, “Mark!!!”
He stopped and looked at me. I said, “Darlene from…”
Mark finished my sentence”…Long Island!”

He offered me a ride but I was heading to Epcot and his golf cart is not made for the roads😂

It was raining…
View attachment 634757
View attachment 634758
View attachment 634759
Really raining.

I took the time to try to book a LL for the Star tours LL I had canceled.
Oh my gosh! Look what popped up
View attachment 634760
Frozen!!!

Only, it isnt letting me book it. Why???
It says here…
View attachment 634761

I AM NOT ELIGIBLE UNTIL 4:56???

WHAT?!?!!

Strike five!!!!

I get to Epcot and head to guest services. By scanning my magic band the CM can see my LL activity. I explain I canceled Soarin’ to rebook at an earlier time but ended up getting the same exact time.

“Oh, yes. That happens.”

I explained I canceled Star Tours but it won’t let me book anything else.

“But you did book something else.” She said in that fake chipper voice that is worse than nails on a chalkboard. “You booked Soarin’ right here at 2:56.”

“Yes I did because there is not a modify button so I had to cancel to rebook”. I explained.

We went around like this for a few more minutes. I was getting frustrated that I lost not one LL but two. She kept getting more chipper.

I tried one more time to make her understand I had two LL. Now I have one booked and I should be able to book another one. “You did book another one, you booked Soarin’”

“I ALREADY HAD SOARIN’! I was trying to get a different time.”

“You did everything right.” She said.
What the $&@!?
“Then why did I get screwed?” I answered and walked away before I said or did something regretful.

STRIKE SIX
If you cancel a LL you will essentially lose an LL unless the cancelation and rebook is done within minutes of the original booking. Because there is no modify button the program only recognizes the booking then sets your clock for two hours before you can book again (or after you tap into a booked LL) In other words, chose carefully or cancel at your own risk.

Should it really be this hard???
I have a college degree. Two even, but this is just dumb.
I don't have enough curse words for Genie+ 😒

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We were recently at Boston and we went to Fanuille hall to grab some food. They have these long standing tables and there were no empties, so I asked this couple if we could take the empty end of their table and they said yes but reluctantly. Turned out they were there as part of a group, and instead of taking one long table for the group they had spread out and taken up three tables even though the place was packed. We were being friendly with them prior to noticing that, but I don't need friends like that lol. There were whole families not finding places to eat and it was so inconsiderate. We thanked them for sharing the table, and I was so glad I asked, because the food was messy and it really helped. So no regrets, but not everyone will be a friend lol.
Definitely NOT friend worthy!
friends tv GIF

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thursday April 7 cont

I had been texting with my good buddy, True Value (some of you may know her as @Tuvalu ) but she and @TrolleyFollower91 were heading to MK for the evening and that was a hard pass for me, although I would have loved to see them. I was in good hands though. @wdisney9000 ’s sister and brother in law were there and were so nice. As were their children and the children’s friends. Then there was C monster. She was lovely, for a 16 year old girl😂
I have a 16 year old boy at home so I know the rules:
-no eye contact
-only one question allowed at a time
-pictures need to be taken quick(if at all)
-don’t be embarrassing

C is way more forgiving of rule breaking than my son is !!!

9000, BIL and I got another round of 1664’s in France. Then I think we got a round in Germany? @wdisney9000 can you confirm? Wait, yes we did because we did a boomerang with our beers for my IG. Actually C did the boomerang for me, who am I trying to kid?

Then 9000 and family (10 total) were going on Rat. I said my good byes but they insisted I go on with them. “Don’t worry” they told me. That and, “don’t talk.”😂

I honestly don’t know what happened. I scanned my MB and it turned blue (green means go, blue means…I don’t know, you are sad because you can not ride🤷‍♀️It should be red right? So off topic, sorry.)
Anyhow, the CM did something on her computer and waved me through. No one said anything.

Selfie with a broken camera
E45740C9-E39A-4598-92A5-4A975D331B4B.jpeg

See these?
695E8E69-E1D8-4250-B98E-AB3AA884B395.jpeg

One of us forgot to get a pair of glasses. Rhymes with I love seltzer. 😀

No idea but looks like a honey comb. Maybe I was still thinking about that awful drink in the bee cup.
FAD955E6-3DB3-462E-B6B6-C686A8D440CC.jpeg

This one is better

8B5FB98F-942B-4F9A-BC95-C6FE525B3600.jpeg

Flower and garden
AECFDA64-BC64-4204-A5A3-E48CE8E2DE9F.jpeg

Didn’t love Rat. Didnt hate it. Happy to have something NEW and I get the hype because it is new but I would not pay extra or wait more than 30 minutes (if I can help it).

Then we got another round
4B76B418-8759-4A8F-AD4B-7CE029952FC7.jpeg

And drank it under the lizard light
3D19AF86-35CE-484B-BF3E-31A306036D98.jpeg

9000 and C had a dinner reservation so we said our good byes and off they went. As for me, it was almost 9:00pm so I thought I would see if Harmonious was worth destroying the World showcase lagoon.

Short version, no. No it is not worth it. The tacos play movies which add nothing. The music is just standard music from movies synched to the tacos. Not very Epcoty. Might go well at MK, or even HWS but here we are in World showcase and Disney really had a chance to highlight the different cultures that surround the lagoon. But instead they made a Disney movie montage. Remember that intern I mention who worked on the Coco scene in Mickey’s Philharmagic? Well he or she has been very busy😉
Oh, and Ursula with the moving arms adds nothing to the show. All the effects could be done with low barges or hardware just under the surface. The best part is the end when fireworks shoot out from the shore all around the lagoon. No Ursula or tacos needed!!!
After that mess I took the bus back to SSR.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
9000, BIL and I got another round of 1664’s in France. Then I think we got a round in Germany? @wdisney9000 can you confirm? Wait, yes we did because we did a boomerang with our beers for my IG. Actually C did the boomerang for me, who am I trying to kid?
Yes, it was Germany. I remember because that's when C Monster began to get frustrated with the lack of riding something lol. I think she would have settled for Nemo (her least favorite ride) at that point.

Then 9000 and family (10 total) were going on Rat. I said my good byes but they insisted I go on with them. “Don’t worry” they told me. That and, “don’t talk.”😂

I honestly don’t know what happened. I scanned my MB and it turned blue (green means go, blue means…I don’t know, you are sad because you can not ride🤷‍♀️It should be red right? So off topic, sorry.)
Anyhow, the CM did something on her computer and waved me through. No one said anything.
As you mentioned prior, when you're rolling with 9000, you're in good hands!! Woman want me, men want to be me. Say no more. 😎😎😎🙃🙃🙃

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Friday, April 8 2022

I was up bright and early today and I was determined to have a better day. Yesterday Genie+ kicked my butte but today I was going to get even. In the FP+days I left my mornings empty and scheduled FP’s starting around 11:00 or so. I rope dropped and was able to get a lot done in the mornings. Well, Genie+ has to be booked at 7:00 am on the morning of your visit (it really has to be done at 7:00 for any chance of an E ticket) so everyone is up. And since they are up, they might as well rope drop. STRIKE EIGHT! Genie+ has ruined rope drop. This may not be a concern for those of you who do not rope drop but be warned, it fills the park earlier than it use to.

6:45am heading to the bus with breakfast in hand. Early entry was at 7:30. Btw, don’t even get me started on early entry. It is useless!!! Absolutely useless.
1F0EB3D1-1147-4AF5-86A6-3BC3EF8AA572.jpeg

I made an LL at 7:00 am. @wdisney9000 had told me the previous day that Tower of Terror was only running one side so I knew that was a priority.
7A1DE32A-D1DA-400B-A833-3ADE1F44CC58.png

The time worked out too. I was going to rope drop RotR and figured I would be done before 9:00.
Commentary on rope dropping RotR: you hear people say they only waited x amount of minutes but what about the time before getting on the actual RotR line? What about the time waiting to get into the park???
I waited about 20 minutes online before scanning into HWS.
7:25am
F798D0E0-DFC8-44F2-A0F7-0267D6C31AD3.jpeg

End of the line for RotR 7:31
BD54B60A-C1C6-46FE-9457-EE1BDF67268E.jpeg

Stopped walking here, 7:38.
74000589-EFFB-45F4-8FCC-44ABD25DBF4A.jpeg

8:17
00BC0354-4F3C-41BD-A87C-D55E294B98DC.jpeg

Why do I look so unhappy?
1) broken camera
2) I have been captured by the first order
3) Bob Chapek is still CEO of Disney
DA6A37AB-5EB7-4544-8926-E14E2AA12B6E.jpeg

D8A4A0CF-5BE7-48E0-B3DE-F3120BAD063E.jpeg

53332BB3-BE39-45C1-A6B4-3552B02320B1.jpeg

Finished
193499F0-CC5B-4EA8-B7E3-C772E39B6FF2.png

So actually I waited, (yes there is math @Plowboy ) from 7:05 until roughly 8:17 before the start of the attraction. That is 72 minutes. (Plus I was at the bus stop at 6:45am)
My point, rope drop is not always the best solution for the big must ride ride.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Yes, it was Germany. I remember because that's when C Monster began to get frustrated with the lack of riding something lol. I think she would have settled for Nemo (her least favorite ride) at that point.

As you mentioned prior, when you're rolling with 9000, you're in good hands!! Woman want me, men want to be me. Say no more. 😎😎😎🙃🙃🙃
C was such a good sport. She watched us stand around and drink for a long time. Ooooh and we shopped. You got C major that cup and then I got the same one and using our dvc card on our phone is a huge pain in the posterior!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom