Magic Kingdom vs. MVMCP

yensid1967

I NEED SOME ADVICE!

I am deciding between a MK day or go to MVMCP? I know that the crowds MAY be lighter, lines be shorter, and I could get on MY must do list of attractions. My question is...is it more sensible to do the MK day or the MVMCP? Knowing what I don't know, I am leaning towards MVMCP! But just don't know! HELP!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Considering there are no details as to what a Christmas special event will look like this year I would not decide until you have a full picture.

Pre Covid I would have said MVMCP but after going to the Christmas After Hours event last year that I found to be meh... I'd say MK day.
If the traditional party happens then go for it.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Original Poster
Considering there are no details as to what a Christmas special event will look like this year I would not decide until you have a full picture.

Pre Covid I would have said MVMCP but after going to the Christmas After Hours event last year that I found to be meh... I'd say MK day.
If the traditional party happens then go for it.
O just read that the MVMCP is very likely to return this year, but the decision is still in the air. But like I SHOULD have said my trip isn't until December 2026 hopefully by then its back!

But thanks for your advice! We will keep it in mind!

Upvote 0

KTK

I would do the MK day. We did MVMCP pre-covid and though it was neat to see characters dressed for the season or seeing some rare characters, I found it disorganized. Plus it is quite expensive now, especially for the amount of hours that it includes.

Upvote 0

Richie248

I did Mickey's Very Merriest After Hours last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. The crowds were very low, enjoyed the parade and fireworks....and wait times were mostly walk-on. My only gripe was how late it was but drank some coffee and powered through. Would do it again.

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
Truth be told, I'd not worry about making that highly specific decisions on which park to go to, until you're closer then 4 years to your vacation. A lot can and will happen between 2022 and 2026.
Agreed. I know it's exciting to plan a trip, but there are far too many variables 4 years out to make decisions about things like this. 6-12 months out you'll have a much better idea about things.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Original Poster
I AM anticipating changes...to EVRYTHNG including GENIE, that's more a hope! I know things will change by then, but if they get worse, my DISNEY TRIP will become a ORLANDO TRIP with no hesitation, but with disappointment. If it gets worse than it is now, I will leave the decision up to my cousin, since it will be her first time at a chance to go to Disney!
We are going to Wild Florida Safari park on our first day to feed, hold and play with sloths, porcupines, tamanduas and lemurs for the day...she said if we don't get to Disney she is fine with that! But I want her to at least experience MK!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Well since you have disclosed your trip isnt until 2026... why frett over it now. Many things can and surely will change between now and then that will affect our advice on which way you should go. Ive been to MVMCP in the past and enjoyed the event and all that came with it, but prefer MNSSHP much more. Without knowing what future details Disney will include and the pricing, its impossible to give advice that would be helpful enough at this time to guide you.

Upvote 0

LittleMerman

I've never done the Christmas party but I've done the Halloween party twice. Here's my advice:

You can definitely get a lot done during a party but it also depends on your preferences. If you are just worried about rides, you could do a lot during the "shorter" wait times. If you want to watch the entertainment, then you won't be riding as many rides for sure. Even though they are shorter, there are still lines for rides.

Also, with the parties, you do miss out on a whole day so you won't be having as many meals, getting snacks, taking in the atmosphere, etc. as much as a full day. You're cramming as many things into a few hours as possible.

For me, the special entertainment is the main reason to go to the parties and then if you ride a few rides with shorter lines then that's a bonus. Otherwise, I'd just go for the day. We did feel a little bit robbed when we did a Halloween party in place of a MK day.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

The year's when we did MNSSHP (we missed the 1st MVMCCP of the season the day we left after we did MNSSHP on Halloween night) we did a day at MK. But we brought a big bag that we put in the locker with our change of clothes (e.g. costumes for the party) that we put on that evening closer the start of the party. We got to enjoy the rides during the day and then got to fully enjoy what the party had to offer (rare character M&Gs, the parades/show/fireworks, trick or treating, PP pictures with special party-only effects, etc). Wed did do a few rides that had very short waits (SDMT and HM). But we also had get park hopper tickets and stay for generally 10-days.

But like other's have said, it's quite a few years a way! I have a HS senior who's off to college this Aug. and I can't even plan for the day he graduates in 4-years time (geesh, I can't even plan for his brother who graduates HS in 2-years)! 🤣 Bless you for wanting to be an early planner!

Upvote 0

IanDLBZF

I did Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party pre-COVID three years - 2016, 2017, and 2019! Amazing experience overall where MK is not as busy as a normal day, even when the event is sold out (except 2019, where I did see some higher wait times). If they were still doing Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, I'd do it again over the Halloween Party - ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Upvote 0

Diamond Dot

I last did MVMCP in 2016 and to be honest, I can't remember much about it, but, I'm thinking about doing it this November trip, if it's on and it will depend on what is on offer.
I thought I was an early planner, but, you beat me hand down.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom