Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

tomast

The entire park? Advertising around one ride? Not likely. Will it be features of course and early on it might be BUT only because there video etc of it already since it exsistes.

Theres going to be a ton of stuff features in any adverts etc. Harry potter is a cash cow for example. The advertising is likely to be centered around "first new xyz theme park since xyz"
Its the most EPIC park ever created.

fryoj

The entire park? Advertising around one ride? Not likely. Will it be features of course and early on it might be BUT only because there video etc of it already since it exsistes.

Theres going to be a ton of stuff features in any adverts etc. Harry potter is a cash cow for example. The advertising is likely to be centered around "first new xyz theme park since xyz"
Focal point does not mean only thing in the ad.

They delayed Mario Land to move it to the new park to make it a flagship land. It will be a major part of the advertising.

matt9112

Focal point does not mean only thing in the ad.

They delayed Mario Land to move it to the new park to make it a flagship land. It will be a major part of the advertising.

It is not the flagship land.....any more than guardians is epcots flagship ride.... or I guess a better comparison would be Harry Potter being the flagship at the current uni parks....however we have yet to see if Nintendo has the same strict rules WB does with show and quality. The monsters land,Nintendo, potter I think will be the focal point. But again I feel like most focused advertising will be park centric. Not land or ride centric.

fryoj

It is not the flagship land.....any more than guardians is epcots flagship ride.... or I guess a better comparison would be Harry Potter being the flagship at the current uni parks....however we have yet to see if Nintendo has the same strict rules WB does with show and quality. The monsters land,Nintendo, potter I think will be the focal point. But again I feel like most focused advertising will be park centric. Not land or ride centric.
Yeah.... It's the flagship land.

A generic monsters land and HTTYD aren't going to get put above Nintendo in advertising. It just isn't happening. And a third Potter land that sounds like went through an identity crisis will get some play, but it's still not getting more ad space than Nintendo. At most it'll be even. It's not like its Hogwarts or Diagon.

JT3000

Nintendo absolutely is the flagship land. That's not even debatable. There's a reason why it was announced years before they started construction on it anywhere, whereas they still haven't even told us what Epic Universe's other lands are. They know Nintendo is the thing people will show up for, and the advertising will certainly reflect that. Will it be the best thing in the park? Maybe, maybe not. But it will be this park's Wizarding World either way, the thing everyone flocks to out of their attachment to the IP.

The one thing that potentially throws a wrench into Epic Universe's hype is that its main draw can be seen elsewhere before the park even opens. Will that keep it from being the park's main draw? No, not at all, but it probably won't see the same numbers it would have had Nintendo not opened elsewhere beforehand.

Also, for anyone who thinks Universal wouldn't advertise around a single attraction...

Behold.

Last edited:

BrianLo

I agree with that Nintendo will dominate the adverts disproportionately. Potter only because it’s divided by ‘three’.

It will be interesting because of course it already exists in two parks by the time Epic roles around and neither really would be considered the flagship land of either.

I agree that Monsters might prove to be the non-marketing flagship. Most of the marketing I’m sure will centre on clips of the four IP and people on a coaster. But in terms of breakouts, Nintendo will get that.

Jimmy Thick

HUGE ride just got green lit, if it stays as proposed it will be a true game changer in the industry but that's a big if. All I can say at this time and will offer nothing more without compromising friends. Movie IP.

People will say I'm trolling of course but my Uni info has been pretty much spot on. You be the judge.

Jimmy Thick- Off to sleep for another 6 months.

WDWFREAK53

HUGE ride just got green lit, if it stays as proposed it will be a true game changer in the industry but that's a big if. All I can say at this time and will offer nothing more without compromising friends. Movie IP.

People will say I'm trolling of course but my Uni info has been pretty much spot on. You be the judge.

Without giving anything away...is it an attraction that was already mentioned in one of Alicia's videos as a definite or an additional ride that was on/off the table?

tomast

I agree with that Nintendo will dominate the adverts disproportionately. Potter only because it’s divided by ‘three’.

It will be interesting because of course it already exists in two parks by the time Epic roles around and neither really would be considered the flagship land of either.

I agree that Monsters might prove to be the non-marketing flagship. Most of the marketing I’m sure will centre on clips of the four IP and people on a coaster. But in terms of breakouts, Nintendo will get that.

Nintendo and Harry Potter.
Nintendo is new and shinny but HP will show Disney that universal created the extra-inmersive lands first and will try to keep the crown on that area.

How to train your dragon is a really big IP but I guess it will be kid centric but, at the same time there was a rumour of a dueling roller coaster. Who knows...

some other guy

Nintendo is new and shinny but HP will show Disney that universal created the extra-inmersive lands first and will try to keep the crown on that area.

How to train your dragon is a really big IP but I guess it will be kid centric but, at the same time there was a rumour of a dueling roller coaster. Who knows...
what, like some dragons, that duel? that's just crazy talk

trr1

I believe there is a coaster in HTTYD area and the racing/dueling coaster is between HTTYD and the expantion plot is this correct @tommyhawkins

1650570766551.png

1650570652119.png

tomast

I believe there is a coaster in HTTYD area and the racing/dueling coaster is between HTTYD and the expantion plot is this correct @tommyhawkins

View attachment 634632
View attachment 634631
So the dueling coaster is not a HtTYD themed...
maybe they copy disney of getting a top tier atraction from a almost forgoten IP (Tron) and they like how Disney managed to copy a ride from abroad and they bring the Battlestar Galactica Dueling roller coaster from Universal Singapore

images.jpg

151e2e46a2eb77245c2c866a5f175a6e.jpg

BubbaisSleep

So the dueling coaster is not a HtTYD themed...
maybe they copy disney of getting a top tier atraction from a almost forgoten IP (Tron) and they like how Disney managed to copy a ride from abroad and they bring the Battlestar Galactica Dueling roller coaster from Universal Singapore

View attachment 634700

View attachment 634701
The dueling coaster and the carousel are the only rumored attractions to be IP free as they will be placed in what is rumored to be a celestial/space-themed hub.

tommyhawkins

im intrigued as theres only a few places a huge ride could go most of which are in expansion slots earmarked for Phase 2 and beyond

trr1

can you please show us the other uni info that is spot on so we can do as you say and judge the spot on ness

My95cobras

can you make it 2 years instead of 6 months?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom