News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

tommyhawkins

I just wouldn't doubt if they wanted to spread out openings for a bit and wait until like Feb
The 50th celebration promotion has fallen on it's the past 6 months, my projection of Grand Opening by October is very conservative given the pace of construction I have been tracking. Ask yourself why Disney would be working hard over Easter weekend if they had no desire to to open the ride for another 10months. It's still going to take them 4-6 more months, but for Disney that's warp speed.

celluloid

The 50th celebration promotion has fallen on it's *** the past 6 months, my projection of Grand Opening by October is very conservative given the pace of construction I have been tracking. Ask yourself why Disney would be working hard over Easter weekend if they had no desire to to open the ride for another 10months. It's still going to take them 4-6 more months, but for Disney that's warp speed.

They will still be riding high on the other new attractions at the entire resort to feel the need to give Magic Kingdom anything. Halo Park effect.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is 99% probably wrong, but they could wait to open this until January 2023 in order to avoid a post-50th letdown - "The 50th is ending, but look at the new shiny thing!". But then again, the entire 50th has been a gigantic letdown anyway so...

tommyhawkins

This is 99% probably wrong, but they could wait to open this until January 2023 in order to avoid a post-50th letdown - "The 50th is ending, but look at the new shiny thing!". But then again, the entire 50th has been a gigantic letdown anyway so...
They will still be riding high on the other new attractions at the entire resort to feel the need to give Magic Kingdom anything. Halo Park effect.

I say this with the utmost respect to both of you, but if their original intent was to have Rewind open BEFORE the promotion period, and Tron/Rat Ride open at the start, what possible advantage is there to waiting until the end of that period when you want people in the parks for those 18months . Rat Ride was a flop , Rewind has only just announced a date that maybe we'll after people have made summer plans. The lead up time, even if they announce a date in June/July for Tron is already pushing it.

I'll defer to my original point that Disney are putting a rush on this ride.
If they spend this year's Capex now they wont want to waste 25% of the next FY delaying recoupment of investment

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I say this with the utmost respect to both of you, but if their original intent was to have Rewind open BEFORE the promotion period, and Tron/Rat Ride open at the start, what possible advantage is there to waiting until the end of that period when you want people in the parks for those 18months . Rat Ride was a flop , Rewind has only just announced a date that maybe we'll after people have made summer plans. The lead up time, even if they announce a date in June/July for Tron is already pushing it.

I'll defer to my original point that Disney are putting a rush on this ride.
If they spend this year's Capex now they wont want to waste 25% of the next FY delaying recoupment of investment
I honestly expected Tron to be opened by this summer.

tommyhawkins

I honestly expected Tron to be opened by this summer.
Based on the Shanghai timetable, there's an unusual three month gap before dummy testing. We could well see dummy testing ramp up as soon as they finish the last 8 pieces of roof this coming week, even before the atrium section is done. If everything is moved forward 8-10 weeks compared to Shanghai August isnt tthat crazy. If it was Universal I'd 100% believe it would be certain, Disney not so much confidence

Attachments

• 20220418_212654.jpg
    20220418_212654.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 77

nickys

Premium Member
Based on the Shanghai timetable, there's an unusual three month gap before dummy testing. We could well see dummy testing ramp up as soon as they finish the last 8 pieces of roof this coming week, even before the atrium section is done. If everything is moved forward 8-10 weeks compared to Shanghai August isnt tthat crazy. If it was Universal I'd 100% believe it would be certain, Disney not so much confidence
Thing is though, it’s not so much when it could be ready to open, it’s when Disney want it to open. If they don’t want Tron to open until after Thanksgiving or until 2023 then it won’t. Even if it sits ready to go for 3 months.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I am very exited for this, it may even take the space mountain queue down to less that half hr😂 , Ive looked forward to this attraction since seeing the original ride, defiantly fits in tomorrow land like a glove, GOTG not so much in Epcot, disney Are giving us lots of new attractions so that’s a great thing , 🤞for November opening of Tron , we arrive 20th jan 23 so you never know .
So you haven't heard the rumor that as soon as Tron opens, Space Mountain is going down for a three-year overhaul, eh?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thing is though, it’s not so much when it could be ready to open, it’s when Disney want it to open. If they don’t want Tron to open until after Thanksgiving or until 2023 then it won’t. Even if it sits ready to go for 3 months.

People seem to always forget this. Construction times lines have far more to do with when Disney wants things open, then with how long it could actually take to build.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom