News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Animaniac93-98

After watching the Imagineering Panel from DLP yesterday, two things stood out to me regarding this new ride:

1. Tim Delaney proudly stating that [Discovery] Mountain came under budget. The budget was $90 million in 1995 dollars [about double that today] and any time Tim asked for more, he was told no and had to make compromises in design and material. The end result still looks amazing. Everest was $100 million in 2006 and I doubt RnRC or California Screamin' cost that much either. Still can't wrap my head around the cost of this ride.

2. Tom Morris saying a lesson he once learned about using every available space. He was speaking in reference to the hillside of the castle offering space for the dragon cave. Using all of UoE plus a giant box does not seem like an efficient use of the location.

Again, a different mindset from a different era from the same company that really wasn't that long ago.

castlecake2.0

Except they look more like the Party City Halloween costume equivalent.
A big effort lately has been trying to increase comfort for cast, especially more breathable fabrics. Cast are working 6-14 hour shifts in these things in various weather conditions. From someone who used to have to wear black polyester pants, dress shoes, and a maroon long sleeve fully buttoned polyester shirt in outdoor positions I can only imagine this costume will be 100 times more enjoyable for cast to wear every day.

mergatroid

Except they look more like the Party City Halloween costume equivalent.
They don't look brilliant but I was replying to the statement "Not a fan of the costumes... they lack energy and imagination". People complained that the Galactic Starcruiser costumes didn't look like Star Wars. Disney bases GOTG costumes on costumes from the movie and people say "They lack imagination" :rolleyes:

ImperfectPixie

They don't look brilliant but I was replying to the statement "Not a fan of the costumes... they lack energy and imagination". People complained that the Galactic Starcruiser costumes didn't look like Star Wars. Disney bases GOTG costumes on costumes from the movie and people say "They lack imagination" :rolleyes:
It's not that I think they lack imagination, it's that the shape and cut are just too scrubby looking.

ImperfectPixie

This is not true. As a DVC member I called to confirm this. They said they don't know when the sign up will take place for DVC members or AP's and DO NOT log on to the link it's fake.
?

Disney Vacation Club registration for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' previews begins April 14​

James Alucobond

I think part of that has to do with trying to make a costume to fit a huge range of sizes. The scrubiness look probably depends on the size being worn
Yeah, as much as I wish it weren’t the case, expecting everything to look properly fitted is never going to happen. I do think they should style these things a bit better for promotional materials, though. Can’t fathom why they had the models cross their arms and distort all of the shoulder detailing. Also, while including a variety of body types is laudable, I do think you should always include an average-sized model as well to demonstrate to best effect the designer’s intent. Or, ideally, actually tailor the garments for the shoot even if you’re not going to do that for all cast members.

Po'Rich

This is not true. As a DVC member I called to confirm this. They said they don't know when the sign up will take place for DVC members or AP's and DO NOT log on to the link it's fake.
I've seen the same thing on other boards. Can anyone confirm if the link is legit?

MagicHappens1971

I don't think these are that bad (they are not amazing) but I think the hat emphasizes a kind of fast-food worker type vibe. A different style hat or none at all would help this look IMO but I get they are for sun protection and what not.

dothebrdwalk

2. Tom Morris saying a lesson he once learned about using every available space. He was speaking in reference to the hillside of the castle offering space for the dragon cave. Using all of UoE plus a giant box does not seem like an efficient use of the location.
The OG of "fill in all the available space."

rle4lunch

You'd think Disney would've chimed in by now saying DON'T SIGN INTO THAT LINK, but they haven't. But no none got the email yet, which is weird. I'm going to try it in the morning regardless.

matt9112

Totally - For all the secrets they kept with Rise, they were vocal that this was a game-changing attraction that combined multiple ride systems, was gut-punchingly immersive, showcased a bunch of Animatronics, and took you on a journey unlike anything else.

Here, the only things they seem to be pushing are the spaceship out front, the planetarium, and the fact that this is "one of the longest indoor coasters ever built . . . and it spins!".

Rise was talked up and managed to live up to the hype. Their language with this one seems much more considered and conservative, and I doubt that's an accident. If this was the best thing since sliced bread they'd be letting us know.

Not sure how something that breaks down more than a 75 amc pacer lives up to hype but okay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom