News Expedition Everest refurbishment in 2022

Tom Morrow

Wishful thinking, but originally they said that the show elements would not be addressed. I hope they came to their senses and realized that, even if they don't fix the yeti, the rest of the ride needs a lot of attention. The entire top portion of the mountain needs a serious power wash and repaint, for instance.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Can I just say that the geniuses who throw their hair bands at the top miss the point of the entire ride/park?

I did the Expedition Everest 5K at Animal Kingdom last week and we watched the race announcers talk on stage and interview runners as we waited about an hour for our corral to get going.

Many runners dress up for these Disney races, and one time they interviewed a woman that was part of a group that were all dressed in white and covered in hundreds of different color hair bands. I forgot what they called themselves, but they explained on the big screen how it's tradition to throw your hair band at the top of the ride. 🤦‍♂️

There were quite a few runners dressed up as 'disco yeti' and others as Joe Rohde, which was hilarious. Some of the Joe Rohdes looked quite good. One runner who was dressed as Rohde was interviewed on the big screen and was asked (this was a common question) what his goal for the race was. He yelled "TO FIX THE YETI!". That was funny.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Here’s Chapek planning the next way he can let us down.

B2A38073-43CD-4D28-AEEB-2E844DA3BEDD.jpeg

Rob562

I'm not sure exactly what's changed. It was extended through the end of April quite a while ago. That means the "mid-April" language on the one website page Blog Mickey references has been inaccurate this entire time. The actual operating calendar still lists it as closed through April 30th. Until that date is extended, I'm not going to consider it "closed indefinitely".

There was also a post a while back that they were still aiming for it being open by Easter, despite the extension of the calendar. If that's still the goal, the "please check back for updates" change in webpage language could apply to that scenario as well.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom