I CANCELLED MY DISNEY TRIP

correcaminos

That wasn’t my point. “Summer” travel diminishes significantly after July…by the day. Spike perhaps for a couple days around Labor Day.

It’s 97 degrees everyday in Orlando in late august. To each their own…but most chose “something else”

Some pockets have more travel flex during that time…new York and north particularly…but the demand is way less than the two months prior.
Just was correcting the start date. August is out for us even early due to school activities, but not for all.

yensid1967

I have a question..
Didn't Disney incorporate Park Reservations so they could know what types of crowds at each park on a given day? Right?
But if the GENIE+ service isn't keeping up with the crowd levels and keeping the guests dispersed over the park the way it should, shouldn't Disney decrease the crowd levels to increase guests park experience? Disney keeps saying that the recent changes are for an improved guest experience, but if I cannot get my GENIE+ selections and have to wait in hours long lines or pay a high price to ride the must do rides, I will not be a happy guests and I will have a sour taste towards spending anymore money.

PERSONALLY, I think Disney should bring back FP+ and get rid of GENIE+! Fenie+ was started to comply with the social distancing during COVID. Now that we are getting back to normal, GENIE+ is not required or needed any longer! Bring back FREE FP's and a PAID FP for popular rides of up to $3 each above the cost of admission, at least this way I would get to ride my must do's and not be out a large amount of money above the admission price. OR If they keep GENIE+, then if you purchase GENIE+ OR Lightning Lanes during your day, you should be able to go to Guests Services and get a refund off the cost of your admission, since rides are included in admission!

Patcheslee

That wasn’t my point. “Summer” travel diminishes significantly after July…by the day. Spike perhaps for a couple days around Labor Day.

It’s 97 degrees everyday in Orlando in late august. To each their own…but most chose “something else”

Some pockets have more travel flex during that time…new York and north particularly…but the demand is way less than the two months prior.
If I booked in August DH would be checking mail, filing cabinet, etc. for a hidden life insurance policy on himself lol. Mid/Late June temp/humidity wise is tolerable for him if we take breaks midday or jump in a pool.

correcaminos

I have a question..
Didn't Disney incorporate Park Reservations so they could know what types of crowds at each park on a given day? Right?
But if the GENIE+ service isn't keeping up with the crowd levels and keeping the guests dispersed over the park the way it should, shouldn't Disney decrease the crowd levels to increase guests park experience? Disney keeps saying that the recent changes are for an improved guest experience, but if I cannot get my GENIE+ selections and have to wait in hours long lines or pay a high price to ride the must do rides, I will not be a happy guests and I will have a sour taste towards spending anymore money.

PERSONALLY, I think Disney should bring back FP+ and get rid of GENIE+! Fenie+ was started to comply with the social distancing during COVID. Now that we are getting back to normal, GENIE+ is not required or needed any longer! Bring back FREE FP's and a PAID FP for popular rides of up to $3 each above the cost of admission, at least this way I would get to ride my must do's and not be out a large amount of money above the admission price. OR If they keep GENIE+, then if you purchase GENIE+ OR Lightning Lanes during your day, you should be able to go to Guests Services and get a refund off the cost of your admission, since rides are included in admission!
Nope, Genie+ was in development and discussed long before covid. They just implemented after covid. It was always coming and hotly debated.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have a question..

Fastpass plus was an inefficient failure

It’s gone

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
What the heck? I've been staying away from this and the DVC forum or any WDW-related news for that matter in a failed attempt to keep myself from being too jaded and negative in advance of our WDW trip, but is that photo really of people lining up for popcorn buckets? And if legit, when did that take place? 😮
I don't know and it cannot be corroborated that the pictured folks are in fact jammed in for Figment Popcorn buckets, but at least it is a much more recent photo as folks are wearing COVID face coverings.
Jan 14th, 2022. The photo is from another Disney fan site.

CNN did a video on it, available here.

Willmark

And somehow replaced by something worse.
What it is? It’s In-App purchases just like games. Only here it’s masking that for years Disney didn’t built enough rides to counter demand.

At least with in app purchases you get “something” of “permanence”. With Disney you pay for a privilege.

Other amusement parks like Cedar Point has two levels of “Fast Pass” and it’s pay one price for either level. That’s customer friendly. Disney’s is not, it’s just their latest version of ride rationing.

GimpYancIent

Jan 14th, 2022. The photo is from another Disney fan site.

CNN did a video on it, available here.
😅 Thanks, funny! A picture (at least based on the video) of a doubled back waiting line for a popcorn bucket. It still does not mean the park was crowded, mobbed or any other terminology. It merely means people grouped / congregated in a restrictive location to obtain popcorn buckets. Yeah! it looks crowded mobbed (waiting for popcorn buckets "6 hrs?" according to one patron).

Disstevefan1

😅 Thanks, funny! A picture (at least based on the video) of a doubled back waiting line for a popcorn bucket. It still does not mean the park was crowded, mobbed or any other terminology. It merely means people grouped / congregated in a restrictive location to obtain popcorn buckets. Yeah! it looks crowded mobbed (waiting for popcorn buckets "6 hrs?" according to one patron).
Well the good thing is, crowded, mobbed, busy, popular, it is just a subjective opinion.

TWDC loves this as there is nothing to fix, it's just a matter of opinion.

So the next time you are staring at a 150 minute stand by wait for Test Track, we can all think about; is it crowded, mobbed, busy or popular?

Whatever your opinion is, you can rest assured nothing will be done to change it.

Disstevefan1

To me, this looks more like a picture of one of the holding spots at rope drop.

But, don't let me get in the way of good misinformation.
Well the good thing is, crowded, mobbed, busy, popular, it is just a subjective opinion.

So the next time you are staring at a 150 minute stand by wait for Test Track, we can all think about; is it crowded, mobbed, busy or popular?

Whatever your opinion is, you can rest assured nothing will be done to change it.

Imhere

Actually, I've been in a crowd just like that at rope drop. Once the rope is lifted everyone disperses and the crowds are nothing like that. The stand by line is never 150 minutes at opening.

But hey, everyone has a story they want to sound better.

Disstevefan1

Actually, I've been in a crowd just like that at rope drop. Once the rope is lifted everyone disperses and the crowds are nothing like that. The stand by line is never 150 minutes at opening.

But hey, everyone has a story they want to sound bett
The crowds at rope drop does not count.
The best tip I can give is get to the park at rope drop!
You can get on Test Track before the standby get to 150 minutes

correcaminos

bjlc57

the term i am hearing is REVENGE VACATIONS.. and that WDW is experiencing it right now.. so are almost all other resorts as well.. However.. its gonna die down.. you have almost three years of no travel wrapped into ONE YEAR. .and if Disney TICKS OFF AS many as it seems that it has.. the numbers are going to drop.. and drop like a rock.. THE LAWS OF ECONOMICS APPLY TO DISNEY AS WELL.. again Sears and Penney's were the world's two biggest stores.. and GM was the world's biggest car maker.. it can happen..raising fees is raising a tax.. the higher you raise the less product you sell..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom