Kristina Schake named Executive Vice President, Global Communications of The Walt Disney Company

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
dumb patrick star GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
isn't exactly the way you convince people you aren't a shill wing of the Democrat party.
I don't think they have any intention of convincing anyone of that at this point. :hilarious:

I actually DO see an issue with the hire (not because of politics) because a good chunk of her experience is directly related to failed efforts. So...did she fail at her job on multiple occasions? One could argue, absolutely.

Lilofan

Could they be any worse at this? There's nothing wrong with this hire. The skills directly translate. But bringing in an Obama-Clinton-Biden vet to run your comms isn't exactly the way you convince people you aren't a shill wing of the Democrat party.
TWDC brings in an exec that aligns with the Chapek mindset. This is not rocket science to figure out but some cry wolf on where she used to work at.

monothingie

Premium Member
TWDC brings in an exec that aligns with the Chapek mindset. This is not rocket science to figure out but some cry wolf on where she used to work at.
I don't think anyone truly cares who her bosses used to be.

I think the hilarious part is the timing of appointing someone with her very political resume and background to a Comms position at exactly the time in which they are being raked over the coals for being political.

Whether it makes a difference or not, that's yet to be determined. But in this highly divided political climate we live in, off the bat it just seems like another unforced error by executive leadership. It will almost certainly not improve the current tumult encompassing TWDC.

Lilofan

Can you imagine the collective meltdown within Disney and the twitter sewer that would be occurring right now if someone with a similar resume who's career was with the opposite political party was given this job?

But this is fine.
Like the revolving door of WH press secretaries like Dancing with the Stars dancing shoes Sean Spicer? SNL Melissa McCarthy did a good parody of him .

Lilofan

The above comment does nothing to further this discussion.
You were that posed if someone from the other party etc... Bottom line it is not difficult to figure out that Chapek is building his own team based on the recent exec hires, promoting Kareem Daniel to run multiple divisions , and the ones he kept on ( ie CFO Christine ), etc.

monothingie

Premium Member
You were that posed if someone from the other party etc...
Was that not a valid assessment? I honestly couldn't care less who they appoint for this position, but at a time when TWDC is being vilified for being political, appointing someone who has an extensive political resume from one political party seems like a questionable choice.

Lilofan

Was that not a valid assessment? I honestly couldn't care less who they appoint for this position, but at a time when TWDC is being vilified for being political, appointing someone who has an extensive political resume from one political party seems like a questionable choice.
The news flash is DC PR execs do get jobs in private companies. With TWDC having a 🎯 24/7 and certain media like to target this, Kristina coming to Disney is somewhat of short lived news and some like to speculate their two cents on the new hire exec.

monothingie

Premium Member
The news flash is DC PR execs do get jobs in private companies. With TWDC having a 🎯 24/7 and certain media like to target this, Kristina coming to Disney is somewhat of short lived news and some like to speculate their two cents on the new hire exec.
The standard MO for DC staffers. Work in DC, quit, get a sweet gig in the private sector.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

IM DONE!!!!!! Saddened that I may never get to visit a place my life once revolved around ever again but most of my favorite attractions are long gone or have been defeated to nothing, sick of this. Obviously Disney has a political agenda and is more worried about playing government then their entertainment empire. I’ll be in here talking about the good old days and if not we’ll nice talking to you. No more complaints from me they can do what ever they want with the place now.

Last edited:

Lilofan

IM DONE!!!!!! Saddened that I may never get to visit a place my life once revolved around ever again but most of my favorite attractions are long gone or have been defeated to nothing, sick of this. Obviously Disney has a agenda destructive time childrens minds and this country and this is the last straw. I’ll be in here talking about the good old days and if not we’ll nice talking to you. No more complaints from me they can do what ever they want with the place now.
Have a good one and find a place to relax and enjoy. There will be plenty to come enjoy the parks and resorts including our family again and again.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Have a good one and find a place to relax and enjoy. There will be plenty to come enjoy the parks and resorts including our family.
Yes and when I do I will be more than willing to share my recommendations with you guys. The resort I go to is 10 minutes from Disney property which has been the only reason I have popped into the world for a day or 2 anyway. Orange Lake Resort is a great place to spend when your not at the parks

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom