Your EPCOT future world ideas

MickeyMouse10

maxresdefault.jpg

selawik-semibold.png

I know this thread started out as a Future World thread, but I figured why not go into the back part of Epcot. My ideas would at least double the size of World Showcase. Both ip and real world based attractions would be added to it's section. So it wouldn’t be too much of either of the attractions. Each pavilion would be like it’s own land like at Magic Kingdom. This way you could spend at least an hour or so doing attractions, eating and shopping.

canvas_mmmex_unframed.jpg

GettyImages-1198240644.jpg

taco-modern.png

I’d like for their to be connecting villages and towns in the back of the pavilions. Similar to France’s new section where you get to see more of the country’s aesthetic via new shops and more. Starting with Mexico each pavilion would be doubled in size showcasing (pun intended) 2 rides, 1 show or movie and 1 meet and greet.

coco-Banner.jpg

Coco
----- (replaces grand fiesta tour)
----- (boat ride, similar to grand fiesta tour. It would be like the version I laid out in the seasonal overlay thread.)

GettyImages-586421100.jpg

Boulder Mountain
----- (located towards the back of the pavillions, near the tiny village of bernal)
----- (a rollercoaster, similar to timber mountain at knotts berry farm. it tells of the people who live in the village and work the mountains. many of whoms main mode of transportation up the mountains is their trusty donkeys)

GZE33RSWURABFF7E7CHDNOVDLA.png

South of the Border
----- (similar to impressions de france)
----- (theater movie, which showcases the true mexico from all sides and types of people. And we get to see the many landmarks riding on a donkey, on a boat and through the air)

176f42cf-5462-4ee8-afb1-793403e76b67.jpg

La Caballeros Cantina
--- (formerly la cantina san angel)
--- (animatronics from grand fiesta tour take the stage. similar to what starlight cafe does at magic kingdom with sunny eclipse)

76329990.TGRPG5dj._MG_0532b.jpg

Meet and Greet
----- (located in a historic mexican church near the mountain and bernal downtown area)
----- (take photos with characters from the film coco and the three cabelleros themselves)

maxresdefault.jpg

La Tierra de Los Muertos
----- (formerly san angel inn)
----- (will be similar to the current table service, but with a stage for the band to play their music. they would entertain the crowd like the band in biergarten. and play popular mexican music in english)

66121cf16afd5cd2b26ca4aa4d070bcf.jpg

Dante’s
----- (formerly la del cava tequila)
----- (it would look like a gothic bar where spirits of the dead like to relax. The other spirits would have funny names and cool mugs much like trader sam)

Last edited:

Goofy Ninja

Coco actually has one of my favorite soundtracks. It would be a major upgrade over Grand Fiesta Tour. Though it would be nice to have both, I can understand why it would be rethemed and reused.

MickeyMouse10

Coco actually has one of my favorite soundtracks. It would be a major upgrade over Grand Fiesta Tour. Though it would be nice to have both, I can understand why it would be rethemed and reused.

Yeah, I'm not usually into replacing attractions, but this one fits perfectly.

Unlike Frozen, which should have went in Magic or Hollywood. It could have even got it's own land in the latter park. Like it is getting overseas in both Paris and one of the Asian parks.

The Lochness Monsta

Nice pics, it's cool how the first 2 have the same vantage point.

I'm perfectly fine with Coco replacing GFT if it actually feels like a plussing. If it is done on the cheap that would be a travesty of justice. Because Coco is such a good film, it deserves something extraordinary.

WazHatter08

I like Coco but I like Grand Fiesta Tour too much… I’d love to see a Coco ride if they do it right tho!! Also I’d love to see them sell those guitars in the parks!!! I’d totally buy it!!!!!

Mickeynerd17

I love the 3 Caballeros, but I think Coco would be something that creates 2 hour lines. Like Frozen has and Guardians will when it opens.
You'd be right about that, but only because it's a recent film, which equals lots of relevancy.

As for the caballeros, their relevancy is reduced to the ride they star in, and said ride is 15 years old now. The original film they were featured in is pretty much 80 years old now, and the vast majority of people don't even realize it exists, much less have watched it. Their modern identity is solely connected to that ride.

If you ask me, I'd love to see the ride return to it's 1980's roots as a historical look at Mexico's history and culture. Disney has the special power to take any kind of story and turn it into its own IP. Evidence of this would be Small World, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Everest, and Carousel of Progress to name a couple. Heck, pirates ended up spawning it's own 5-movie franchise which in turn influenced the very ride it was based off of.

As for history rides, EPCOT's icon itself is a testament to their success in that field. While El Rio del Tiempo was a bit dry in overall execution, it could easily be redone and enhanced with a Small World vibe by adding more figurines from the middle of the attraction through the rest of the scenes. A short narration by a prominent Mexican celebrity would also do wonders.

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts. Disney can and should be able to take any story and make it its own entity. They've done it before with immense success, and they definitely can do it again. It just takes some risk-taking.

MickeyMouse10

You'd be right about that, but only because it's a recent film, which equals lots of relevancy.

As for the caballeros, their relevancy is reduced to the ride they star in, and said ride is 15 years old now. The original film they were featured in is pretty much 80 years old now, and the vast majority of people don't even realize it exists, much less have watched it. Their modern identity is solely connected to that ride.

If you ask me, I'd love to see the ride return to it's 1980's roots as a historical look at Mexico's history and culture. Disney has the special power to take any kind of story and turn it into its own IP. Evidence of this would be Small World, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Everest, and Carousel of Progress to name a couple. Heck, pirates ended up spawning it's own 5-movie franchise which in turn influenced the very ride it was based off of.

As for history rides, EPCOT's icon itself is a testament to their success in that field. While El Rio del Tiempo was a bit dry in overall execution, it could easily be redone and enhanced with a Small World vibe by adding more figurines from the middle of the attraction through the rest of the scenes. A short narration by a prominent Mexican celebrity would also do wonders.

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts. Disney can and should be able to take any story and make it its own entity. They've done it before with immense success, and they definitely can do it again. It just takes some risk-taking.

I think it is possible to blend both IP's and Culture. The problem with Disney is they could go either way. You don't know if they'll be loyal to the country or the IP.

For instance I enjoy the Frozen ride, but it does seem inappropriate for Norway. It should have probably gone in a more appropriate park like Hollywood or Magic. Ratatouille though seems like a perfect addition and it doesn't seem to compromise it's pavilion.

The Great Gonzo

I could never figure out how to say Caballeros, so I’m alright with getting rid of it. smiley I’ve heard people say “Caballeros” and “Cabinyeros”. I don’t know where the latter one got an “N” and “Y”, but whatever.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
I could never figure out how to say Caballeros, so I’m alright with getting rid of it. smiley I’ve heard people say “Caballeros” and “Cabinyeros”. I don’t know where the latter one got an “N” and “Y”, but whatever.
Based on my limited knowledge of Spanish, depending on locale, the “ll” can be pronounced as either a “y” or almost a “j”. For instance, “Cabayeros” or “Cabejyeros”

The Great Gonzo

Based on my limited knowledge of Spanish, depending on locale, the “ll” can be pronounced as either a “y” or almost a “j”. For instance, “Cabayeros” or “Cabejyeros”

Ooohhh, okay, now I get it teach. I've never been good with languages. I can barely speak and understand my own.

Frankenstein79

Coco seems like a perfect fit for Mexico. I don't know why Disney hasn't made an attraction for it. Something tells me they were going to then Covid happened.

Rambozo

Coco seems like a perfect fit for Mexico. I don't know why Disney hasn't made an attraction for it. Something tells me they were going to then Covid happened.

Yeah, it seems like the perfect movie for it. Plus there is so much eyecandy throughout the film that would translate to an attraction seamlessly.

Frankenstein79

Boulder Mountain
----- (located towards the back of the pavillions, near the tiny village of bernal)
----- (a rollercoaster, similar to timber mountain at knotts berry farm. it tells of the people who live in the village and work the mountains. many of whoms main mode of transportation up the mountains is their trusty donkeys)

I know it's a rollercoaster, but with the animatronics it could really resemble quintessential Epcot. Timber Mountain is a good comparison because it's probably the closest to a Disney attraction outside Disney. Even though the animatronics aren't as sophisticated the atmosphere is really top notch.

The Lochness Monsta

Yeah, I can see the connection. I don’t know if it would work as good because of the type of ride it is though. Timber Mountain is a log flume so it doesn’t speed passed areas. The vehicles would have to really slow down in areas for you to appreciate your surroundings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom