News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Stupido

For some reason, in my mind I had been envisioning the area around the base of the ship to be water. Maybe that was just lingering memories of UofE. In the video I see its just flat concrete with a planting bed surrounding it in a triangular shape. The back side has a walkway with a gate. There is conduit sticking up from the ground which I assume if for lights to illuminate the ship. So what will this area under the ship be used for? Overflow queue? Special events area (Nova Corp desert party)? PhotoPass location?

There was definitely concept art with two small circular pools flanking the ship. This would have gone a long way to make the pavilion feel more like Xandar to me. In the movie, (and Lego Avengers games), water pools are a signature piece of Xandar's architecture. I really wish they would have made the final cut of this attraction. There's also concept art with plants under the ship, so I'm sure we'll see those go in once the ship install is complete.

Xandar.jpeg

retr0gate

Of all the things to complain about with this project, the fact that people are complaining that the ship looks like how it appears in the movies baffles me. I'm not really sure what people were expecting here. It's like if when they were building Galaxy's Edge the Imagineers decided "hey, let's paint the Millenium Falcon purple"

dmw

In the Parks
No
For those who are following the filming progress of GotGv3, a casting call for extras was just put out for film dates starting Jan 31 and lasting into mid-February. Looking for "older" people - ages 60-80. Film location still in Georgia.

TikibirdLand

I don't think so, I can't remember who stated it, but hey said it was fully destroyed when Thanos came to get the power stone. Per storylines I have heard for MCU- Nova will join, and he will be the sole survivor, and he will be the sole carrier of the Nova Core power.

Have not heard this. Interesting

Not sure of this either. Can you show me where they state this is a variant?
Well, at least now I know why I don't understand the MCU

SplashJacket

It's always surprising to me how fast landscaping comes together on attractions/lands. It's really not a ton of intensive work once you have all the materials but it's probably on the single biggest visual thing that is done in such a short amount of time.
Until I did some landscaping for a project, I never realized how much work and design goes into it. Fantastic landscaping really adds so much to an environment. I have so much respect for landscaping careers now!

MagicHappens1971

It was absolutely not restored. The only things restored were things deleted specifically by the blip. Anything Thanos destroyed earlier - like Vision, Gamora, and Xander - are very much still gone.
This doesn't really matter as this attraction and all other Marvel theme park attractions exist outside of the MCU.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Well. It looks more like Star Wars than Galactic Starcruiser does. Wonder what it costs to sleep there for a night. I’ll bring my own bag for the lightsaber.

No Name

why not better wait a bit till its finished before complaining? maybe it is maybe not.
Except it is finished. It matches the concept art and film, there’s no pieces left to add, the reality is that they put an ugly support in front of the bottom fin/wing instead of inside of it.

Clamman73

I am glad you were able to find something to complain about. I am sure the color palette not being to your
taste will have a huge affect on the popularity of this ride. :p
I can see from a livestream today the building is a lighter grey/lighter blue-grey/darker blueish grey on the side you walk by (hard to actual tell w/out seeing in person) so now the yuck opinion has gone away. :p

doctornick

For those who are following the filming progress of GotGv3, a casting call for extras was just put out for film dates starting Jan 31 and lasting into mid-February. Looking for "older" people - ages 60-80. Film location still in Georgia.
I think it has been reported that they filmed the ride footage first and it’s been done

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom