Kungaloosh!!!

TOCPE82

I'm assuming they'll get as many original cast as they can. Sucks that many didn't survive furlough.

I'll be watching this space, for sure.

71jason

If this has to do with the ACTUAL Adv Club - there's only 3 of the original actors left. The rest didn't survive furlough. I don't want to see anything involving new actors.

I mean, at the time it closed, there was only 1 original actor left (2 if you include all of Pleasure Island). Everyone else, including obvious fan-favorites, came on board at some point after opening. Had it stayed open these past 13 years, plenty of actors would've moved on while new ones would've been cast, and they would now be someone's favorite Hathaway or Samantha. Probably would've even put new spins on the characters by this point.

More than once my fiancee has dragged me to Frozen Ever After and I've sat there thinking, "oh yeah, in an alternate universe this guy is the fan-favorite Otis in 2019."

The larger problem is that the humor was dependent on unsuspecting, tipsy guests walking in randomly. Babylona's show isn't nearly as funny if the mark knows (1) the giant head on the wall is going to start talking and (2) she can see him and improv, it's not a canned spiel. A crowd full of "sing along with the performers" which the Club turned into the final year just isn't fun.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I mean, at the time it closed, there was only 1 original actor left (2 if you include all of Pleasure Island). Everyone else, including obvious fan-favorites, came on board at some point after opening. Had it stayed open these past 13 years, plenty of actors would've moved on while new ones would've been cast, and they would now be someone's favorite Hathaway or Samantha. Probably would've even put new spins on the characters by this point.

More than once my fiancee has dragged me to Frozen Ever After and I've sat there thinking, "oh yeah, in an alternate universe this guy is the fan-favorite Otis in 2019."

The larger problem is that the humor was dependent on unsuspecting, tipsy guests walking in randomly. Babylona's show isn't nearly as funny if the mark knows (1) the giant head on the wall is going to start talking and (2) she can see him and improv, it's not a canned spiel. A crowd full of "sing along with the performers" which the Club turned into the final year just isn't fun.
Thank you for correcting me. 3 of the actors that were remaining when the cloob closed in 2008 is what I meant.

Kamikaze

Depends on what they are planning. They can keep the integrity of the old AC as well as adding a separate area or two. Maybe dinner show, TS, or similar. I'd wager that the attached gift shop will be considerably large.
Honestly, it doesn't matter. I'd be there opening night regardless. But I think making it too big takes away from the personal interactions that were the heart of a lot of the comedy & shows.

bcoachable

Wondering, cause I don't know, but could see it as a possibility, and I can't think of a better group to ask-
Did any of the original players become Citizens of Hollywood after the club closed?

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
I want to know how he grades himself on rumors. That is the true barometer of any insider!
I grade myself at about 50 percent.

I post what I hear, but I hear a lot. I don't post everything I hear because some is our right crazy.

Anything I post though is something that I have seen, heard, or been in meetings about. Things don't always pan out, but what I post comes from me, not from anywhere else.

jinx8402

I grade myself at about 50 percent.

I post what I hear, but I hear a lot. I don't post everything I hear because some is our right crazy.

Anything I post though is something that I have seen, heard, or been in meetings about. Things don't always pan out, but what I post comes from me, not from anywhere else.
Humble. I like it!

To be clear, I was being sarcastic earlier since that other user loved to boast he was like accurate 87% of the time with his rumors. And I agree, rumors are rumors especially if they are for stuff early in development that can and will change dozens of times before they are actually announced or cancelled/changed (without acknowledgement).

FigmentFan82

Would def be great if what is being planned is something meaningful and not a half hearted attempt with a slashed budget.

I hope the escape rooms come back into play, while I might not ever do one I like the idea of them and think they'd offer some great extra activity in WDW. A full on dinner show would be great. You'd think WDW would have had more dinner shows by now.

At minimum maybe it's revived as a smaller version of itself in the style of Trader Sam's. Throw it in Animal Kingdom Lodge

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I feel that whenever they open the new AC…likely in May…that they have a total freedom, no mask/distance policy.

it’s about magic and experience…and those outdated guidelines would not fulfill the imagineer’s vision. It would lessen tips for the bartenders too 👍🏻

Last edited:

asianway

Thank you for correcting me. 3 of the actors that were remaining when the cloob closed in 2008 is what I meant.
That’s not accurate, there were literally 4 of them out in costume 10 days ago. Pretty sure there’s others tucked around property and certainly still acting in Orlando that would take the gig

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Would def be great if what is being planned is something meaningful and not a half hearted attempt with a slashed budget.

I hope the escape rooms come back into play, while I might not ever do one I like the idea of them and think they'd offer some great extra activity in WDW. A full on dinner show would be great. You'd think WDW would have had more dinner shows by now.

At minimum maybe it's revived as a smaller version of itself in the style of Trader Sam's. Throw it in Animal Kingdom Lodge
That is certainly a VOID that needs to be filled..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Even I got that clue. 😂
captain-america-i-understand.gif

UNCgolf

Disney Springs would make a lot more sense than the Boardwalk, as much as I'd love to see them spend some money to add to that area.

Much easier to get to/from for both Disney and non-Disney guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom