ONE LITTLE SPARK 3: THE SPARK SQUAD - HYPE/DISCUSSION/NONSENSE THREAD!!!

PerGron

So I just bought my tickets to Disney world in March and it’s my first true Disney vacation since 2019 (not counting my one day at DAK in October).

It’s my first trip legal age to drink, plus I’ve never visited Galaxy’s Edge, ridden Runaway Railway, Ratatouille, seen any of the new shows, etc. so it’s honestly the first time I’ve been this excited for a Disney trip in a while.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
So I just bought my tickets to Disney world in March and it’s my first true Disney vacation since 2019 (not counting my one day at DAK in October).

It’s my first trip legal age to drink, plus I’ve never visited Galaxy’s Edge, ridden Runaway Railway, Ratatouille, seen any of the new shows, etc. so it’s honestly the first time I’ve been this excited for a Disney trip in a while.
I’m going in March too!!!!

Disney Warrior

I guess it’s time for a change of avatar….Charizard, I choose you!
5DAAA854-5A17-448A-B74A-8FA46C601C2B.gif

TheOriginalTiki

10. The Northsman (looks great but honestly maybe a bit TOO big budget for Edgers?? This feels like a massive step up from The Lighthouse and I'm not sure if that's for the best. I loved The Lighthouse specifically for the intense focus on the two leads.)

9. Don't Worry Darling (Booksmart was perhaps THE best comedy of the 2010s, and for the director to follow it up with a twisty horror thriller is a really bold move that I'm excited to see the results of)

8. Babylon (Damien Chazel's return to the Golden Age style epic Hollywood musical, with freaking TOBY in a lead role?!?! Yes please!)

7. Avatar 2 (Just super intrigued by the technology at play and the general premise of exploring the underwater realms of Pandora. The DAK land did a TON to boost my interest in the world-building of this franchise)

6. Bardo (Or False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths) - The POTENTIAL spiritual successor to Birdman. Not much is known about it, but I'm super intrigued already and it feels much more in the Birdman style than The Revanent was.

5. Strange World (Encanto rocked so hard it caused a damn Earthquake! I'm stoked to see what Disney has up its sleeve next. The concept art for this looks absolutely awe-inspiring)

4. Killers of the Flower Moon (It's Scorsese and Leo. Nuff said.)

3. Nope (The second half of "Us" left me a bit cold, but I'm still just foaming at the mouth to see what Jordan Peele has up his sleeve next. I also adore the title and the fact that we know literally nothing about the plot so far)

2. Bauz Lurhman's Elvis (I'm a MASSIVE fan of Lurhman's Great Gatsby and really think he's got it in him to deliver an incredible biopic with this one. We have an unknown as Elvis which means the style of the film will absolutely be the show. Like all of Lurhman's films it has the potential to fall flat on its face, but I'm locked in no matter what.)

1. Disappointment Blvd. (Ari Aster through two movies might have had one of THE best out of the gate one-two punches in cinematic history with Hereditary and Midsommar. Disappointment Blvd. promises a very different kind of horror rooted in the high stakes Wall Street world. Very little is known about it outside of Joaquin Phoenix loosing his mind, but that alone, THAT man in THIS director's movie...God, I can't freaking way. I'm so stoked!!)

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The dedication of some Disney fans is insane, if it was a rare Waldo the 3D thing popcorn bucket than sure, but why would you even want that? I’m a little curious
Correct me if I'm wrong, but themed popcorn buckets aren't really a thing in the domestic US parks right? I think a combination of that and new Figment merch (remember when everyone lost their minds when the AA got a new ugly holiday sweater 2 years ago) created the Figment Popcorn Bucket Mania.

Another golden tweet on the matter:

Lol, they're really staying on course with that marketing voice huh.

tcool123

Correct me if I'm wrong, but themed popcorn buckets aren't really a thing in the domestic US parks right? I think a combination of that and new Figment merch (remember when everyone lost their minds when the AA got a new ugly holiday sweater 2 years ago) created the Figment Popcorn Bucket Mania.
They’re pretty common in the last few years. Pretty much every Christmas and Halloween party has had a new one, there was the Simba one at Animal Kingdom, EARIDESCENT Mickey Balloons, Millenium Falcon (I have this one, no i didnt buy it; it was free), and there’s likely more. But definitely in the last 7ish years there’s been more specially made ones.

Also how else is one supposed to react to Figment Christmas Sweater 👀👀👀

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
They’re pretty common in the last few years. Pretty much every Christmas and Halloween party has had a new one, there was the Simba one at Animal Kingdom, EARIDESCENT Mickey Balloons, Millenium Falcon (I have this one, no i didnt buy it; it was free), and there’s likely more. But definitely in the last 7ish years there’s been more specially made ones.
Ah, I see! I thought they were more of Tokyo's thing than the domestic parks.

Also how else is one supposed to react to Figment Christmas Sweater 👀👀👀
635.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom