Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

pdude81

Uh…every Princess race both virtual and in person has turned to “registration opening soon”.
totalrecall-total.gif

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I would assume on an ICB right now since we're still 6 weeks out from race weekend. Don't expect a refund, expect a gift card sans the registration fees if they offer it.

Hopefully the UF model predicting Florida will have peaked by mid-February is accurate. 🤞

Question for you. Are the new security measures going to be in place for every race weekend? I don't mind the walk to the staging area - warmup, duh - but want to make sure I'm on the 1st bus from my resort so I don't have to hoof it to my start group.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Hopefully the UF model predicting Florida will have peaked by mid-February is accurate. 🤞

Question for you. Are the new security measures going to be in place for every race weekend? I don't mind the walk to the staging area - warmup, duh - but want to make sure I'm on the 1st bus from my resort so I don't have to hoof it to my start group.
most likely they will use the scanners going forward. It's clunky (for now) but way more efficient (except for the extra walking)

pdude81

most likely they will use the scanners going forward. It's clunky (for now) but way more efficient (except for the extra walking)
Did the buses drop off on Sat and Sun out by Epcot and only pick up near the bag check area? It looked to me like there were some buses there when I did bag drop and I just assumed they were dropping off. Maybe just for spectator travel

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Did the buses drop off on Sat and Sun out by Epcot and only pick up near the bag check area? It looked to me like there were some buses there when I did bag drop and I just assumed they were dropping off. Maybe just for spectator travel
I was nowhere near that area on Saturday or Sunday - all busses should have dropped off at the EPCOT bus loop.

pdude81

I was nowhere near that area on Saturday or Sunday - all busses should have dropped off at the EPCOT bus loop.
Ok, thanks. That makes sense. When I saw buses that early I just assumed they were drop-off buses. More than likely they were just bringing back family members who were headed to their hotels.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
IMO, it was worth the extra walking.
The additional walking wasn't that big of a deal to me, but it sure would be great if they could figure out a way to temporarily place 1-2 of those scanners at the normal race entrance.

I'm not suggesting that they move them back and forth from the Epcot entrance, but with as many events that Disney hosts, (some with high profile guests, some without), you'd think there would be enough uses to justify the cost of buying a scanner or two that could be moved to temporary locations when needed.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The additional walking wasn't that big of a deal to me, but it sure would be great if they could figure out a way to temporarily place 1-2 of those scanners at the normal race entrance.

I'm not suggesting that they move them back and forth from the Epcot entrance, but with as many events that Disney hosts, (some with high profile guests, some without), you'd think there would be enough uses to justify the cost of buying a scanner or two that could be moved to temporary locations when needed.

Given that scanners have been moved from various locations at park entrances, I'm sure they can.

I gather there was quite a long line at Epcot's entrance when 15,000 runners showed up within minutes of each other? There are only 2 of the Evolv contactless scanners at Epcot entrance, if I remember - one for guests with strollers and one for guests without.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
It was a headache 5K day because I think they didn’t work out the kinks yet and there were massive lines. I think they figured things out tho because it got much better the rest of the weekend.
glad to hear this. I was working near the monorail station 5k morning and from what i hear they only had ONE scanner open at 1st then they opened up 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom