runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The scavenger hunt is during the 5k. You need to download a separate app, I believe.

For those of you who ran the old ToT 10 miler, what was the course?
if you look at historical course maps it's mostly running on Osceola parkway....nothanks.

surfsupdon

The old Tower 13Ks took place at WWoS and DHS. But you ran on every single pathway at DHS, behind stage and on stage. There was even an off road dirt path that took us to ESPN. One version of the race finished in the parking lot, another version finished at the foot of the Tower. And I remember they gave out brownies!!! Yum!

The 10Miler was an atrocious course that was all highway running and the smallest amount in park. Literally a mile or so in DHS.

NeedMoreMickey

The expo is at ESPN Wide World of Sports. Unless his flight gets in in the morning, I’d probably recommend to go straight to the expo to avoid any additional anxiety over making it there in time. If he doesn’t plan to shop for merchandise or look at the vendor booths, he shouldn’t need more than 30 minutes (1 hour to be safe, in case something catches his eye or he wants to grab a snack/drink).

They do have charter buses from the Disney hotels to the expo, if he doesn’t want to use Uber. But I would recommend as early a flight as possible, just in case there are delays, etc.

I hope he has a great race!
I have one more question. Can anyone go to the Expo? My niece and nephew are both running in the 10k and will be picking up their info on Friday and from there going straight to a park. It would be nice if we could all go to the Expo and then to the park at the same time.

Figment82

I have one more question. Can anyone go to the Expo? My niece and nephew are both running in the 10k and will be picking up their info on Friday and from there going straight to a park. It would be nice if we could all go to the Expo and then to the park at the same time.
Yes, anyone is welcome to attend the Expo! In fact, Disney encourages it and the vendors love it, because it means more “bodies through the door.” 😊 Just be prepared to do some walking, as you’ll need to go to the HP Field House for the bib, Visa Athletic Center for the shirt/expo floor, and AdventHealth Arena for any merchandise. It’s a nice tour of the WWoS Complex!

I will caution you that there might not be much merchandise available by the time you arrive on Friday. Between supply chain issues, resellers, and high demand items like Spirit Jerseys, lots of items have been selling out within hours of the Expo opening on the first day. I just don’t want your niece and nephew to be disappointed, but the medal and included shirt are still amazing souvenirs of the run!

NeedMoreMickey

Yes, anyone is welcome to attend the Expo! In fact, Disney encourages it and the vendors love it, because it means more “bodies through the door.” 😊 Just be prepared to do some walking, as you’ll need to go to the HP Field House for the bib, Visa Athletic Center for the shirt/expo floor, and AdventHealth Arena for any merchandise. It’s a nice tour of the WWoS Complex!

I will caution you that there might not be much merchandise available by the time you arrive on Friday. Between supply chain issues, resellers, and high demand items like Spirit Jerseys, lots of items have been selling out within hours of the Expo opening on the first day. I just don’t want your niece and nephew to be disappointed, but the medal and included shirt are still amazing souvenirs of the run!
Thanks for your help!

Surferboy567

Original Poster
They are really taking their time with releasing the medals. I hope it’s soon I feel like we should of seen them already. Maybe it’s my impatience though.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Question for those who ran the Everest Challenge back in the day. Was there anything in the park after the race was completed? Say from midnight to 2:00 AM? It would be cool to "party" (need to be sensitive about the animals, though) in DAK after hours. Doesn't have to be like the Post Race Party in Epcot for W&D. But it would be nice if there was some food and beverages, other than the snack box and water/Powerade.

Rteetz

Question for those who ran the Everest Challenge back in the day. Was there anything in the park after the race was completed? Say from midnight to 2:00 AM? It would be cool to "party" (need to be sensitive about the animals, though) in DAK after hours. Doesn't have to be like the Post Race Party in Epcot for W&D. But it would be nice if there was some food and beverages, other than the snack box and water/Powerade.
I believe there was a party of sorts and Everest was open at least. I never ran it tho. Everest will be closed unfortunately.

Figment82

Yeah, without Primeval “Hurl” 😉 and Everest, I don’t know if an after party is worth it for this event. The scavenger hunt (which occurred after the 5K) ended at the entrance to Dinoland, so the party was limited to that area. Of course, that was pre-Pandora and all the nighttime enhancements that have taken place since, but I just don’t see rD putting in much of an effort for a smaller race like Everest.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
All distances are currently back open!!! Just signed my gf and her sister and brother-in-law up for the 5k we missed out on before 😃

Edit: 10 minutes later and the 5k and Challenge are back sold out, 10k and 10-miler still open. I imagine they may be likely to reopen periodically if they allow Covid cancellations.

Last edited:

surfsupdon

The race finished in park by Dino land and there was an afterparty!!! With rides, DJs, characters, entertainment, and food and drink. It was a fun night!!

Im actively trying to get registered (even tho I know it will be a shell of its former self).

OG Runner

Check the old YouTube videos. There were a few from either the 2012 or 2013 races that were pretty detailed.

Texas84

Yes, it was fun. AK is awesome after dark.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
2023 Registration opens in August

FMOz28JX0AASHww.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom