ONE LITTLE SPARK 3: THE SPARK SQUAD - HYPE/DISCUSSION/NONSENSE THREAD!!!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
1. Spider
2. Shang Chi
3. Hawkeye
4. WandaVision
5. Loki
6. Black Widow
7. What If
8. Falcon
9. Eternals

It's tough to rank these though because a lot of these were mixed bags. With Falcon, Loki, Eternals,and What If having some elements or episodes that were easily 10 out of 10 but then other parts that were low points of the MCU

Do I judge What If for the amazing Black Panther Starlord episode? Or for the super boring Captain Carter episode?

Do I judge Falcon based on the incredible, touching, and timely Isaiah Bradley storyline? Or for the half baked, poorly handled Flag Smashers?

What about Eternals? Does the incredible cinematography outweigh the boring, pretentious, and kinda dumb plot?

This just has not been an easy crop of MCU stuff to judge or rank.
Totally agree. There are moments or elements of each project that I absolutely love. And, like I definitely enjoyed them all. Just some more than others. And some WAY MORE than others.

I thought the idea of the Flag Smashers was really awesome, being rooted in a sense of reality. It’s totally believable that a group of people displaced by the sudden reappearance of 3.5 billion people would be extremely bitter and reactionary. I love the way the MCU has explored these “real life” implications of The Snap.

spacemt354

Chili's
Totally agree. There are moments or elements of each project that I absolutely love. And, like I definitely enjoyed them all. Just some more than others. And some WAY MORE than others.

I thought the idea of the Flag Smashers was really awesome, being rooted in a sense of reality. It’s totally believable that a group of people displaced by the sudden reappearance of 3.5 billion people would be extremely bitter and reactionary. I love the way the MCU has explored these “real life” implications of The Snap.

I understand why the story was rewritten given the world events, but keeping this original plot I think would have made the Flag Smashers more intimidating and also provide a more clear motivation than just causing chaos.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster

I understand why the story was rewritten given the world events, but keeping this original plot I think would have made the Flag Smashers more intimidating and also provide a more clear motivation than just causing chaos.

Yeah I recall reading about the original plot. I definitely wouldn’t have minded if they had still used this.

I did still enjoy the series a lot honestly. Though I was a bit surprised by how many people Sam Wilson murder death killed in the first episode.
____

Unrelated pivot but I’m almost finished playing through Metroid Dread and O M G what an experience this has been! I think it’s my fourth favorite in the series overall, but it’s definitely the best looking, has the best controls, and might have the best difficulty curve (despite dying an uncountable number of times due to a very specific enemy type).

NateD1226

I want to join this ranking session!

1. No Way Home
2. WandaVision
3. Shang-Chi
4. Loki
5. Hawkeye
6. Black Widow
7. FATWS
8. Eternals
9. What If...? (Although, this should not be on my list because I never finished it 😬)

I have had some mixed thoughts about this phase so far, but I feel like it is just about to get better with Moon Knight, She-Hulk, DSMOM, and the rest of the lineup.

TheOriginalTiki

Live photo of Tiki patiently waiting for the comp to start...
rtxt1hffn0r31.jpg

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster

1. No Way Home
2. WandaVision
3. Shang-Chi
4. Loki
5. Hawkeye
6. Black Widow
7. FATWS
8. Eternals
9. What If...? (Although, this should not be on my list because I never finished it 😬)

I have had some mixed thoughts about this phase so far, but I feel like it is just about to get better with Moon Knight, She-Hulk, DSMOM, and the rest of the lineup.
Yeah it’s a little all over the place, but that could be really fun as long as all the plot threads are properly explored. Like while all this multiversal craziness is happening, we’ll also hopefully have this street level Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers thing going on.

Suchomimus

I'm kind of glad that Sony Pictures is still able to hold onto Spider-Man. I doubt NWH or Spider-Verse or any of the other post merger Spider-Man films would've been as good under Disney. BTW, NWH makes me want to watch the older movies and gives me hope for Spider-Verse 2.

JokersWild

I'm kind of glad that Sony Pictures is still able to hold onto Spider-Man. I doubt NWH or Spider-Verse or any of the other post merger Spider-Man films would've been as good under Disney. BTW, NWH makes me want to watch the older movies and gives me hope for Spider-Verse 2.
How so? Disney’s been the creative lead on the live action films, and Spiderverse is as good as it is because Sony finally realized that they have to give creative control to the film makers to make good films. Meanwhile the Venom series, which is all Sony, has been super lackluster with Morbius looking to be about on par if not worse.

Frankly the only really great thing we got out of Sony still owning Spider-Man was the ability to bring back the Raimi/ ASM characters.

spacemt354

Chili's

1. No Way Home
2. WandaVision
3. Shang-Chi
4. Loki
5. Hawkeye
6. Black Widow
7. FATWS
8. Eternals

It is a mixed bag so far of highs and lows, kinda like Phase 1 of the MCU.

I am very much looking forward to Dr. Strange though, there's a growing wave of 2000s nostalgia too. It's become the new "'80s" which on one hand is frightening because I was alive and well in the 2000s but also very excited for the potential cameos in the film. If No Way Home was a celebration of Spider-Man I hope Multiverse of Madness is a celebration of Marvel Studios! X-Men, Fantastic Four, bring it all on!

Suchomimus

How so? Disney’s been the creative lead on the live action films, and Spiderverse is as good as it is because Sony finally realized that they have to give creative control to the film makers to make good films.
Sorry, I didn't have a full grasp of the joint occupation there. I knew Sony had the rights to Spider-Man characters plus a few others, but I had initially thought that Disney and Sony worked jointly when making the Holland films, and Sony had their say on Spidey in the non centered films.
Meanwhile the Venom series, which is all Sony, has been super lackluster with Morbius looking to be about on par if not worse.
I haven't considered either as being part of MCU with Spider-Man up until NWH. I was only referred to Spidey.

But at any rate, I had made that statement about Sony partly because they're not as controversial as the Mouse as they weren't the ones who pulled some; how should I put this?; despicable and avaricious stunts recently when it comes to their characters or even the creator for that matter. But that's enough negativity here.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey everyone!!!

I’m so excited to get this game started!! Thank you all so much for your interest, whether you’ve signed up to play, or you’re following along, Pi and myself really appreciate all of you being here!!

The main competition thread is now up and the first prompt will begin in roughly 24 hours. This thread will now serve as the hype/discussion/random thread!

I want everyone to know that I have an open door policy. If anyone needs anything at all, you can feel free to DM me! My main goal is for everyone involved in this game to HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!

It’s such an honor to be co-hosting my first competition!! This community is amazing and I’m endlessly grateful to be part of it!!

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!
🎲🎲

spacemt354

Chili's
Hey everyone!!!

I’m so excited to get this game started!! Thank you all so much for your interest, whether you’ve signed up to play, or you’re following along, Pi and myself really appreciate all of you being here!!

The main competition thread is now up and the first prompt will begin in roughly 24 hours. This thread will now serve as the hype/discussion/random thread!

I want everyone to know that I have an open door policy. If anyone needs anything at all, you can feel free to DM me! My main goal is for everyone involved in this game to HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!

It’s such an honor to be co-hosting my first competition!! This community is amazing and I’m endlessly grateful to be part of it!!

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!
🎲🎲
Let me open that door to say you've done a great job so far and I'm excited to get started!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Off topic, but the new Scream movie sure was another Scream movie! It gave me exactly what I expected. Nothing more, nothing less. Wasn't the worst Scream, Wasn't the best. But it had Ghostface and a meta commentary of the state of horror movies (though it missed the clever social commentary of 1 and 2 about the larger media/news media landscape being just as, if not more, responsible for breeding violence while using Horror Movies and video games as an easy scape goat to avoid responsibility). If you like Scream, you'll like this!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom