News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Supreme Leader

@TP2000 is right for pointing out this new experience would be so much more mysterious and genuine if all we ever saw or read or watched a video on was from Chandrila Star Lines.
Yeah but the one video they did send out from Chandrila Star Line was cringe inducing.
81hk.gif

EPCOT-O.G.

Yeah, but from what I'm hearing the majority of cruises who are having to skip ports or cancel pre-paid shore excursions offer some level of refund to the passengers. Can't imagine Disney dishing out refunds if Rise is down during a "cruise".
The website listing the sample itinerary says “Experiences are subject to change without notice.” In the old days I’d be confident they’d do a make good on this. Now? A snack bag or something

UNCgolf

My question about what they'll do if Rise is down was actually legitimate, not snarky!

I'm curious about the plan. I assume they'll just tell people they have more time to spend exploring Batuu, since the itinerary doesn't have room to send people back down later in the day if the ride comes back up. They may also give them a free ILL to ride it later in the week once they're off the Starcruiser (although that would only work if they weren't heading home directly after).

Disstevefan1

My question about what they'll do if Rise is down was actually legitimate, not snarky!

I'm curious about the plan. I assume they'll just tell people they have more time to spend exploring Batuu, since the itinerary doesn't have room to send people back down later in the day if the ride comes back up. They may also give them a free ILL to ride it later in the week once they're off the Starcruiser (although that would only work if they weren't heading home directly after).
In my mind, Rise is available to everyone, so it's not a special feature of the cruise, but they should try to get the cruise folks a anytime LL pass to Rise if it goes down during their excursion. We will see what happens...

TikibirdLand

Two times, on two different trips, we attempted to do Test Track. Each time, it went down before we got to board. They handed out fast passes for it, good for that day. On the first day, it was down all day. On the second, it was the end of the day (and our trip). So, we had to miss it. Both times, we gave the FPs to people in line so that -- maybe -- they could enjoy the ride. But, we've never seen the updated TT in person because of it.

WRT the cruise, I'd really unhappy if RoTR was down and there wasn't a plan to get us on the ride at some point. I'd be asking for some pretty large compensation for that, frankly.

Patcheslee

In my mind, Rise is available to everyone, so it's not a special feature of the cruise, but they should try to get the cruise folks a anytime LL pass to Rise if it goes down during their excursion. We will see what happens...
Think the recommendation would be the same for everyone. Ride as early as possible to allow maximum return time if needed. Hotel capacity of maximum just over 500 people, it would be around less than an hour to get everyone through.

orion54

Yep! The projected day two itinerary that is advertised morning.

"BREAKFAST
7:00 AM to 8:00 AM

TRANSPORT SHUTTLE TO BATUU
8:15 AM to 8:25 AM
STAR WARS: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE
8:45 AM to 9:30 AM
STORY MOMENT
For example, you might:
  • Broker a deal for a heist?
  • Arrange to steal a ship from the First Order?
9:30 AM to 9:50 AM
MILLENNIUM FALCON: SMUGGLERS RUN
10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
LUNCH AT DOCKING BAY 7 FOOD AND CARGO
11:15 AM to 11:45 AM

TRANSPORT SHUTTLE TO STARCRUISER
12:40 PM to 12:50 PM"

or guests can sneak over to Toy Story Land.
So over a 1/2 of a day of this $6k to $10k "immersive" experience is spent at GE? What a crappy non-attempt at making this unique and individualized.

Patcheslee

So over a 1/2 of a day of this $6k to $10k "immersive" experience is spent at GE? What a crappy non-attempt at making this unique and individualized.
Come Feb 1st or 2nd people booked for opening will be able to see their itineraries. Hopefully that gives better insight into what all they plan to offer.

LSLS

I wonder if they need to include a day pass to DHS as well. I'd be kind of mad if their solution to me not getting the ride is to be given a $25 LL pass as long as I buy a $130 ticket to the park

EPCOT-O.G.

Another thought - if they stick to the 8:45-9:30 window for the ROTR visit, that is really going to clog up the morning waits for this ride for non-hotel guests.

Communicora

Premium Member
Do you think they are just hanging around in GE like ordinary guests? I would think there are a lot of planned experiences using GE as a set of sorts.

Disstevefan1

Another thought - if they stick to the 8:45-9:30 window for the ROTR visit, that is really going to clog up the morning waits for this ride for non-hotel guests.
Good point! All the Starcruiser folks do their "shore excursion" all at the same time; HUNDREDS of folks get in the queue of Rise, all at once!! This will make a Brazilian tour group look like nothing...

fryoj

I'd say those days they could just not sell ILL till 9:30 and shoot the hotel guests through the LL line. Even if they put all 300? hotel guests through at the same time, it shouldn't back things up too much.

orion54

Do you think they are just hanging around in GE like ordinary guests? I would think there are a lot of planned experiences using GE as a set of sorts.
We'll see. None of us know at the moment but immersion is lacking if other guests that are not part of the paid group are involved in any way. Nothing screams Star Wars immersion than Mickey and Minnie shirts all over the place.

mergatroid

You're not allowed to think anything positive about it on here, just guess a load of negatives and discuss those.

What happens if there's a fire, will everyone get a refund within 1 day?
What if somebody gets ill, will the medics who turn up ruin the immersion?
What if a guest dies, will they refuse to release the body till the end of the cruise?
What if a hurricane rips off the roof during role play, will the CM's continue to act or break character?
What if a serial killer gets in the hotel, will that stop us going to Galaxies Edge?
What if food poisoning kills half the guests, will the survivors be able to continue on or will Disney force them to stop?
What if a stunt performer breaks his leg upsetting my kid, do we get $3,000 back for the potential PTSD?
What if I soil my costume, will a CM discretely bring me a new one within 10 seconds and if not will I get a full refund?
What if I enjoy it even though I only went after hearing how terrible it was from people who haven't experienced it. Will I get a full refund as I'll look a bit stupid having to admit I actually liked it?

Get the idea? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom