Save Up to $500 on a 5-Night Stay at Select Disney Resort Hotels in Spring and Early Summer 2022

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Been browsing this morning, and there really isn't great inventory, plus it seems, a lot of standard rooms aren't available for the offer but are when you toggle the offer button off, but hey its something.
…it really isn’t.

remember when about 5-8 years ago the justification was: “it’s kohls pricing…they Jack the rates then give you 30% off?”

so what’s that percentage on a higher rate now?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
…it really isn’t.

remember when about 5-8 years ago the justification was: “it’s kohls pricing…they Jack the rates then give you 30% off?”

so what’s that percentage on a higher rate now?
The math tells me, for a 5 night stay at say Animal Kingdom Lodge in April is about an 18% discount off rack. Prior years we used to see a minimum of 25% for Deluxe but was usually 30% to 35%. I am guessing why the marketing on this is save up to $500 rather than marketing the % off since its pretty pathetic.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The math tells me, for a 5 night stay at say Animal Kingdom Lodge in April is about an 18% discount off rack. Prior years we used to see a minimum of 25% for Deluxe but was usually 30% to 35%. I am using why the marketing on this is save up to $500 rather than marketing the % off since its pretty pathetic.
…so you ordered the code red, Colonel Jessup?

the defense rests

Schweino

Interesting that they built out a virtual website queue. Disney can surely handle the traffic, so this tells me they (for some reason) are trying to really manage the inventory of the deal. Really, really odd.

EDIT: Could be related to staffing, and they don't want to book too many people into their hotels?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Interesting that they built out a virtual website queue. Disney can surely handle the traffic, so this tells me they (for some reason) are trying to really manage the inventory of the deal. Really, really odd.

EDIT: Could be related to staffing, and they don't want to book too many people into their hotels?
It could be that they still…still…are reserving the right to keep rooms offline…or want to be able to yank the promo at any moment

wouldn’t doubt either

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, I would lean towards marketing inventory as well, but had to at least try and see a different side :)
Here’s where my brain really goes out of control…

so why a queue?

say they see 1,000 people in the queue…so then think: “what happens if we “run out” at 650?”

what happens to the majority of the other 350?

…they already know the answer

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean, there can't be that many people salivating at this deal to require a virtual queue, right?
There can’t??

I go around and around about this (apologies to everyone)…but this is the point: Disney is not a laisse faire, free market, microeconomic textbook example…

the psychology overrides the S&D chart.

there is zero reason…none…for people to be jumping at Disney park offerings at the moment based on the last year of policy and price changes.

well…only pent up demand. The only reason.

beyond that…the customers should be waiting out Disney to give a reason to book.

but they won’t…this is “Stockholm economics” at work

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A lot of travel agents are fuming about this. Saying they spent hours trying to re-book client trips only to find out there was nothing available.
1641427947849.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom