ONE LITTLE SPARK 3: THE SPARK SQUAD - HYPE/DISCUSSION/NONSENSE THREAD!!!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
1D53E4E5-2111-48F9-8D23-4D3CFA353779.jpeg

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Any room left at the inn? 😄🎅🏼 (Sorry, I'm a Christmas person.)

1. What is your favorite armchair Imagineering project you've worked on? — Team NuOrbis' New Orleans Square - Bayou Country project from the Critter Country/Frontierland placemaking prompt duringSYWTBAI 18. Looking back at it, we definitely got the long end of the stick and boy did we do stuff with it. Also, we made #SwampSanta a thing!
  2. What would you say is your greatest strength as an armchair Imagineer? — I think it would be my attention to detail, regardless of what I'm doing in a certain project.
  3. What is something you would like to try to improve on? — Definitely time management. I get so hung up on ornamentalizing everything I do that time passes me by. 😬 And oh, doing more than just writing as well.

Also, EPCOT Forever fans will like this. I'm still looking forward to the (eventual) usage of the Harmonious barges for this show, maybe for the EPCOT's 40th in October?

Last edited:

James G.

@Pi on my Cake I am flattered that you remembered me, and appreciate being invited to participate in this. It looks like a lot of fun, but right now I am buried deep in the preparation of my DisneySky-inspired presentation of Americana 1900. Hopefully, I will soon be ready to begin the presentation, but right now I have no idea when that will be. I'll be watching how your competition progresses, and will undoubtedly be kicking myself for not taking part in it. Hopefully, once I begin sharing with you and all the other Imagineers in here my presentation of Americana 1900, you will understand why I need to focus on it at this time. Best wishes, stay healthy and happy in 2022, and I'm looking forward to future adventures in WDWMagic!

dLgNPw6tpHIE-OiawH0rPbd8HPKMcduzqjC3lKb-KFPIw-mEGYv-5Hpo9m9ls_YVKlbV6lRltLK9jIU7tdAUEziosdlBG45AUcLbwdKDnRtsrIw82VojtiPujmdJazVwYi0vSIPW

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster

1. What is your favorite armchair Imagineering project you've worked on? — Team NuOrbis' New Orleans Square - Bayou Country project from the Critter Country/Frontierland placemaking prompt duringSYWTBAI 18. Looking back at it, we definitely got the long end of the stick and boy did we do stuff with it. Also, we made #SwampSanta a thing!
  2. What would you say is your greatest strength as an armchair Imagineer? — I think it would be my attention to detail, regardless of what I'm doing in a certain project.
  3. What is something you would like to try to improve on? — Definitely time management. I get so hung up on ornamentalizing everything I do that time passes me by. 😬 And oh, doing more than just writing as well.

Also, EPCOT Forever fans will like this. I'm still looking forward to the (eventual) usage of the Harmonious barges for this show, maybe for the EPCOT's 40th in October?

WELCOME TO THE PARTY!!!!!
And omg thank you for that!!!! I wish I could have experienced EPCOT Forever in person.

TheOriginalTiki

Anyone watch Cobra Kai?

Just finished Season 4, it's amazing how they top themselves with each season!
I think I'm the only person on the internet who thinks this season was a bit of a step down haha. All the Terry Silver stuff was magnificent especially
all the Stingray stuff
. My problem with this season is that there was just way too much going on. I really liked the focus on the middle school kids and Kenny seems like a great redemption arc in the making, but on the other hand I felt a lot of the other new characters were sort of just thrown in there with very little to actually do and some of the big fan favorites from seasons past seemed kind of sidelined in the plot. Robbie, Sam, and Torri were definitely the most improved over past seasons but it felt like other leads like Miguel (whose growth spurt is SUPER distracting haha) seemed more sidelined then they needed to.

I don't know, I get that this season was building up to the tournament and that's fine but we knew the deal the dojos had wasn't going to stick no matter the outcome so that took away a lot of suspense and at this point I feel like the formula is starting to stretch itself thin. Season two had an excellent build-up of tension that culminated in the school fight which is probably the most iconic moment of the series. Season three had a wonderful villain arc and flashback storyline for Creese that really helped solidify the themes that season was going for. Four had a lot of quality stuff (Shout-out to my girl Amanda LaRusso for continuing to be an absolute goddess every time she's on screen!) but I just don't feel like it had the same connective tissue as seasons past and instead felt like a filler transitional season into the final arc since...again, we know no matter what the outcome of the tournament was going to be the dojos weren't actually going to honor the deal.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
And omg thank you for that!!!! I wish I could have experienced EPCOT Forever in person.
Same here, especially the first version with the SFX kites. Imagine that with the additional pyro from the second version, along with classic EPCOT visuals on the Harmonious barges! 😍

Okay, maybe they need to change the finale to the new EPCOT anthem though. The transition to A Whole New World is jarring and kinda doesn't make sense anymore since the transformation is already underway.

TheOriginalTiki

Book of Boba Fett has been absolutely magnificent so far. Easily my favorite piece of Disney Star Wars media. I'm completely in love with how slow paced and methodical everything is. Getting such a deep dive into Tuskan lore and culture in the flashbacks is a wonderful contrast to the drama going on in the present timeline. I do hope that the screen time between the two stories gets a bit more even as the episodes go on but dividing things up like this definitely gives the series a novel-like pace that lives up to the "Book" namesake.

spacemt354

Chili's
I think I'm the only person on the internet who thinks this season was a bit of a step down haha. All the Terry Silver stuff was magnificent especially
all the Stingray stuff
. My problem with this season is that there was just way too much going on. I really liked the focus on the middle school kids and Kenny seems like a great redemption arc in the making, but on the other hand I felt a lot of the other new characters were sort of just thrown in there with very little to actually do and some of the big fan favorites from seasons past seemed kind of sidelined in the plot. Robbie, Sam, and Torri were definitely the most improved over past seasons but it felt like other leads like Miguel (whose growth spurt is SUPER distracting haha) seemed more sidelined then they needed to.

I don't know, I get that this season was building up to the tournament and that's fine but we knew the deal the dojos had wasn't going to stick no matter the outcome so that took away a lot of suspense and at this point I feel like the formula is starting to stretch itself thin. Season two had an excellent build-up of tension that culminated in the school fight which is probably the most iconic moment of the series. Season three had a wonderful villain arc and flashback storyline for Creese that really helped solidify the themes that season was going for. Four had a lot of quality stuff (Shout-out to my girl Amanda LaRusso for continuing to be an absolute goddess every time she's on screen!) but I just don't feel like it had the same connective tissue as seasons past and instead felt like a filler transitional season into the final arc since...again, we know no matter what the outcome of the tournament was going to be the dojos weren't actually going to honor the deal.
Yeah I didn't really see it that way haha. But hey Season 5 is coming so here's hoping it brings more of what you enjoy.

Book of Boba Fett has been absolutely magnificent so far. Easily my favorite piece of Disney Star Wars media. I'm completely in love with how slow paced and methodical everything is. Getting such a deep dive into Tuskan lore and culture in the flashbacks is a wonderful contrast to the drama going on in the present timeline. I do hope that the screen time between the two stories gets a bit more even as the episodes go on but dividing things up like this definitely gives the series a novel-like pace that lives up to the "Book" namesake.
However I did stay up to watch Book of Boba, well worth it. Without spoiling too much I'll just say 'the tree' had some of the best imagery I've ever seen in Star Wars. Disney would be wise to start selling the sand drink at Tatooine Traders!

Disney Dad 3000

Signing up

What is your favorite armchair imagineering project you've worked on?
Really hard to pick 1. I've been lucky to work on some very cool projects over the years with some good people. High up on my list though are Glacier Bay from the Creator Games a number of years back, a Microverse/Turkey duo from SAIV and more recently Jungle of Pixels.

What would you say is your greatest strength as an armchair imagineer?
Maybe adaptability? Feel like I can pop into a project wherever needed and take the lead on a big attraction, or do smaller scale stuff to help make a project come together.

What is something you would like to try to improve on?
Everything. I have bigger deficiencies in some areas like parades, etc. but I'd like to just continue honing skills I do have, and always enjoy finding new ones, or new things to try out.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I'm signing up this.

Signing up

What is your favorite armchair imagineering project you've worked on?
Really hard to pick 1. I've been lucky to work on some very cool projects over the years with some good people. High up on my list though are Glacier Bay from the Creator Games a number of years back, a Microverse/Turkey duo from SAIV and more recently Jungle of Pixels.

What would you say is your greatest strength as an armchair imagineer?
Maybe adaptability? Feel like I can pop into a project wherever needed and take the lead on a big attraction, or do smaller scale stuff to help make a project come together.

What is something you would like to try to improve on?
Everything. I have bigger deficiencies in some areas like parades, etc. but I'd like to just continue honing skills I do have, and always enjoy finding new ones, or new things to try out.

Welcome to the Team!

@Pi on my Cake I am flattered that you remembered me, and appreciate being invited to participate in this. It looks like a lot of fun, but right now I am buried deep in the preparation of my DisneySky-inspired presentation of Americana 1900. Hopefully, I will soon be ready to begin the presentation, but right now I have no idea when that will be. I'll be watching how your competition progresses, and will undoubtedly be kicking myself for not taking part in it. Hopefully, once I begin sharing with you and all the other Imagineers in here my presentation of Americana 1900, you will understand why I need to focus on it at this time. Best wishes, stay healthy and happy in 2022, and I'm looking forward to future adventures in WDWMagic!

dLgNPw6tpHIE-OiawH0rPbd8HPKMcduzqjC3lKb-KFPIw-mEGYv-5Hpo9m9ls_YVKlbV6lRltLK9jIU7tdAUEziosdlBG45AUcLbwdKDnRtsrIw82VojtiPujmdJazVwYi0vSIPW
I can't wait to see Americana once it is done!

We are talking about making a "Lurker's Lounge" PM for people who just want to follow along, so if we do we'll add you to that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom