Trip Report There’s a First Time for Everything - a Disney Babymoon

Hi everyone! After being a trip report lurker for the past year or so, I thought I'd take a shot at my first trip report - if only to help preserve the memories 😊 That's one of the "firsts" referenced in the title.

A little introduction: My name is Jenna, I'm 28 and live in Minnesota. My first Disney trip was over spring break when I was 8 years old with my parents, younger brother, aunt, uncle, and 3 cousins. I, of course, loved it, and always dreamed of going back. Enter my husband, Ethan (E). On our first date, Disney World came up and he told me about how his aunt worked for Disney and she was able to get family members into the parks for free! I'm not saying I married him just for that perk 😉 but it certainly piqued my interest... In 2019 we took our first Disney trip together for our first anniversary/honeymoon and we just knew that Disney would be "our" place (and yes we were able to take advantage of his aunt's passes before she retired this year!)

178562DA-7C4F-48C3-B6ED-608723E7EA49.jpeg
E and I in 2019

Fast forward to 2021, and we are expecting our first baby! With whispers of vaccines coming and the world opening up again, we decided to take a babymoon trip. We tried to come up with more "relaxing" locations to go, but Disney just kept popping up, so after reading lots of blogs about going to Disney World while pregnant, we decided to bite the bullet and booked our Disney Babymoon - which also coincided with our third anniversary! We decided on only going to Magic Kingdom and Epcot, since there is not a whole lot I could do at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios (and I sure as sugar wasn't going to let Ethan experience ROTR or Smuggler's Run for the first time with out me 😂).

Here are our trip details:
When: April 25th - May 1st, 2021
Who: Me and E (and baby BB!)
Where: The Grand Orlando Resort at Celebration

P.S. Stay tuned for our "baby mouse's" gender reveal at Magic Kingdom!

Mrs.JJP

Original Poster
Day 2: April 26th

One of the things I regret about our last trip is that we barely spent time at Disney Springs. We had dinner at Enzo's Hideaway, walked around a little, and left. So I wanted to be sure to dedicate a day here this time, and since we only have 2 park days, it worked out perfectly! I think this counts as another first - our first time really exploring Disney Springs

We "slept in" until about 8 - which for us is really late! We took our time eating breakfast in the room and getting ready before calling an Uber to go to Disney Springs. Our driver was also a cast member, and when she dropped us off she said, "Have a magical day!" before laughing and apologizing. I told her not to be sorry, we're here for Disney!

After making it through temperature checks and security, we had to stop right away for a (maskless!) selfie. I was excited that Disney started allowing masks to be removed for outdoor photos right before our trip! As you'll see though, we often forgot we were wearing masks and forgot to take them off for photos! They apparently don't bother us that much.

B92174D3-3589-40B1-9400-6106DB385B77.jpeg

C7414AA5-719A-4E10-8D04-780C28E72155.jpeg

We headed into DisneyStyle first, followed by the Star Wars Galactic Outpost. E was like a kid in a candy Star Wars toy store haha. He had to try out all the lightsabers and anything else he could find that makes noise. I suppose this is just good practice, huh? After convincing my adult husband that he didn't need a lightsaber, we went next door... to the Marvel Super Hero Headquarters - which of course was about the same experience 😂 We had fun browsing around, and as I was looking at the Guardians of the Galaxy tape cassette ornaments, some high school-aged boys next to us very seriously informed me, "They don't really play music though." 😂

Our next stop was Everglazed for a "snack" (*ahem* lunch). Ethan got some sort of strawberry creation. The blueberry cake donut was calling my name but I felt like I should get something a little more fun, so I opted for the Fruity Pebbles donut. Both exceeded expectations! I thought the Fruity Pebbles would be way too sweet for me, but it actually balanced well with the donut itself.

7725725D-5E4F-4E7C-ABCE-02E1D16C6A28.jpeg

We sat down at their outdoor patio to eat, and I had to take pictures in front of this cute boxwood wall. For some reason, these turned out SUPER vibrant so I did my best to edit them down to normal colors 🤷🏻‍♀️

1B5BBC17-771C-4F96-AA3E-774C74E491F4.jpeg

We kept walking along until we stumbled upon Gideon's Bakehouse. E's not big into social media so he was perplexed at joining a virtual waitlist just to get in... to buy cookies? I told him it was an experience, we just have to do it. We joined the 80 minute waitlist and continued walking.

I wanted to make sure to get to World of Disney so that's where we went next. I'm sure it's always like this but it was PACKED for a Monday in the middle of the day! We had a hard time just making our way around without running into people. I wanted to get something for BB, but they had a surprisingly small selection of baby gear. They could have gotten so much (more) money out of me! While agonizing over a bib, I got the text that we could return to Gideon's. It was only a 35 minute wait, not 80 like they told us! We elbowed our way out of World of Disney (empty-handed) and backtracked to Gideon's Bakehouse.

We checked in and were handed a menu to peruse during the short outdoor line. We were still full from the donuts so we decided to just split a chocolate chip cookie, since they're half a pound each! E also got himself a vanilla nitro cold brew. The inside of Gideon's was so cool, I wish it was bigger and had room to sit. There was so much to look at, but we barely had time during our few minutes before ordering! We took our treats and sat down next to the Amphicar launch in two chairs shaded by some trees. The cookie was good, but not life-changing - I definitely wouldn't have waited in line for an extra 35 minutes for it! Honestly, I make AMAZING chocolate chip cookies so our bar is pretty high. E even said, "It's good, but not as good as yours." I didn't even have to pay him!😉 The nitro cold brew, however, was GREAT - even with my coffee aversion. We will probably wait in the virtual queue just for two cold brews next time.

All we could finish of the cookie

We sat for about an hour, maybe more, just people- and Amphicar- and bird-watching. We knew we'd be taking it slower on this trip since I'd need more breaks and I definitely needed that one. We continued walking along back toward World of Disney, and we stopped to look at all the LEGO sculptures. We weren't planning on going in the LEGO Store but we figured "why not?" and got in line. There were probably 20 parties in front of us, but we waited less than 5 minutes until we were inside. I took about 100 Instagram stories and we methodically made our way around the store so we didn't miss anything. We joked we should add this Mickey and Minnie set to our registry - for the nursery! I mean, it's only $180 😉

818F9AA2-FFD6-490A-9013-92E9B79B351E.jpeg

Continuing on, we stopped in the Marketplace Co-Op building and got sucked right in to the Disney Tails section. We have two sweet kitties at home who I'd been meaning to buy collars for so I figured why not get them Disney collars?! I immediately fell in love with the most ridiculous, amazing collar I've ever seen - pink with princess icons all around it, and pink ribbon ruffles around each edge. But they only had dog collars - no cat collars! I checked online and they were completely sold out. I asked the cast member working there and she checked if they had any in back but no cigar. I was so bummed but settled for a pair of collars with Mickey-shaped bells - one blue and one purple.

We were slowly making our way towards Days of Christmas but made a detour into Art of Disney. There was an artist drawing Eric and Ariel which was neat to watch. We loved wandering around taking in all the different art styles. We continued through to "Disney's Wonderful World of Memories" which is connected to Art of Disney. We nearly missed it and would have skipped it entirely if we hadn't been in Art of Disney first. And THANK GOODNESS we ended up in there, because guess what I found - THE PINK PRINCESS CAT COLLAR! Y'all, I have never been more excited to find an item in a store in my life. I bounced up to the counter to exchange the blue collar for the princess collar and I couldn't stop bouncing the entire time. I'm sure E was so embarrassed but I physically couldn't contain my delight.

3105E50D-4DF9-460D-9C7B-7AE732EAC63B.jpeg

Princess collar in hand, we strolled across the way to Days of Christmas. I just adore this store. I'm a Christmas lover through and through, and we buy an ornament on every trip we go on. Now that we're a few years into marriage, it's fun to reminisce as we decorate the tree each year. The only problem is... there are SO many to choose from! I could spend hours agonizing over the decision, and while E tries to help me, I become paralyzed with indecision - doesn't he know that the world will end if I don't pick the exact right ornament?? I felt even more pressure since it was our babymoon AND anniversary. Do you see where this is heading? We left without an ornament 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 I figured we still had two park days and a few more free days, so I had plenty of time and opportunity to find and choose the *perfect* Christmas ornament that would *perfectly* encompass our trip.

By this time it was 4:30 and I was STARVING. We had 6pm reservations at Wolfgang Puck's, so I told E we either need to go there (very) early and see if they'll seat us or go somewhere else to grab a snack. He was hungry too and figured we might as well get dinner if we were going to eat. We headed up to the host stand and they were able to seat us right away (because who eats dinner at 4:30pm??) We started out with the truffle potato chips which is the reason I had made reservations here in the first place. They did not disappoint! E got a Lilly Belle (gin, aperol, sparkling rosé, lemon) and after sadly gazing at all the amazing cocktail choices, I ordered a raspberry lemonade. For dinner, I ordered the grilled prime burger (well done of course) and E got the roasted bluehouse salmon. Normally we'd probably order what the other had, but red meat has been my number one craving during pregnancy, and E has missed salmon - I haven't wanted to risk the smell making me even more sick! We both really enjoyed our meals! We passed on dessert because the only goal I had for this trip was to eat as much Dole Whip as possible. So we left the restaurant and headed to Marketplace Snacks.

We decided to split the Mrs. Incredible float, which was strawberry and lemon Dole Whip in black cherry lemonade. It was ok, just not as good as regular Dole Whip in our opinions! It sure was cute though!

EA136C6D-F124-44B3-B1F2-8F2C2EEC3EE2.jpeg

After sitting and enjoying some live music with our float, we decided to check out the Skyliner. Since I wanted to explore the Riviera as well, we hopped on a bus and take the Skyliner from there. I was especially excited to see the mosaics in person since I had seen photos and videos! They were so beautiful!

D4029955-AD33-48DB-AB81-AE234FDDFB01.jpeg

We hopped on the Skyliner to Epcot. I didn’t get a photo but we were able to see the Gusteau’s sign in France which was neat because that section of France wasn’t open yet. We took the Skyliner back to the Riviera, and intended to go to Hollywood Studios as well but at the Caribbean Beach hub we were informed it was a half hour wait to come back! So we called an Uber and headed back to our hotel to rest up for Epcot the next day.

Mrs.JJP

Original Poster
I thought about just abandoning this trip report since it’s been almost TWO years! As you can guess, life as a new mom has kept me busy, and we also moved across the state, both changed jobs, and bought a house within a couple months of BB being born. I’m newly motivated to wrap this up because our next trip is coming up at the end of February! I’ve got everything typed up, so let’s bang this out, shall we?

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Day 3: Epcot

Day 3 and we are ready to hit our first park!

We were there during the Flower and Garden festival which I think is underrated! I love the flowers, topiaries, and butterflies and I was excited to try some festival-specific food!

E2F01C80-EF26-47A5-8152-AC7FA28785E4.jpeg

We got there about 20 minutes before park opening and headed straight for Spaceship Earth. Despite how long the line looks, we walked right on!

910B15A3-F574-4A54-8CCF-8765A46B9A87.jpeg

Upon exiting, we stumbled upon Mickey and Minnie greeting guests social-distancing style. I definitely had a couple of tears… blame the pregnancy hormones!

B4B2905D-53E6-45AF-8514-71B5B6346FBE.jpeg

We then decided to head for Figment. One of many reasons I’m grateful to be married to E is that he’s directionally gifted… which I am not. I can look at a park map all day and still be turned around, and he just has a sense for how to get around even though he’s only been there a couple of times. He navigated us through the maze of construction walls and we soon saw the Figment-shaped topiary.

Next we started on the World Showcase with Canada. In 2019, we went counterclockwise and burnt out by Morocco so I wanted to spend time in the countries we had skipped.

I was surprised to really love Canada! The water features are beautiful, and we had a good time with the Circle Vision show. E and I still randomly sing, “Canadaaaaa, my Canada!” to each other 😂 I also LOVED the food we got - poutine and a popsicle trio that was part of the Flower and Garden Festival. I’ve had poutine before and I don’t know if it was being pregnant that made it different this time… but man, that poutine was phenomenal! I still crave it from time to time. The popsicle trio had honeydew, raspberry mint, and coconut lime flavors - in order from worst to best 😜

1673901976975.png

After enjoying a break sitting and eating, we saw the line for Frozen Ever After was 20 minutes so we decided to beeline for Norway. However, we got sidetracked by the Jammitors - aka the "Jammin Gardeners", playing with gardening tools on giant flower pots!

The line for Frozen extended back into China, but moved really quickly, and we were on in less than 25 minutes. After the ride, we stopped at a festival booth for a snack and then claimed a table at the Kringla Bakeri seating area. I can’t remember the name, but we had a sort of potato pancake with applesauce. I thought it was just ok but E really enjoyed it!

We decided to work our way around World Showcase clockwise, but as we were leaving Norway, we saw that Princess (Queen?) Anna was out greeting guests! She's one of my favorite princesses so I had to say hi and snap a photo.

1673902068031.jpeg

Our next stop was in Germany to grab some caramel corn from Karamel-Kuche. This might be heresy (or, again, pregnancy hormones) but it was ok... but not as great as I've heard! As we were admiring the topiaries and miniature train, I heard the music change to indicate a cavalcade was coming. It was the princess cavalcade, so we got to see Belle, Aurora, Jasmine, and Snow White. I really enjoyed the cavalcades and being able to see characters without waiting in line for a meet and greet!

1673902546318.png

We continued on to Italy where I was blown away by the flower displays! We grabbed a picture before continuing on to the American Pavilion. There was a group performing (I don't recall who) so we stood and watched them perform a medley of songs from The Princess And The Frog, which was really fun! I had been hoping to pop in to a showing of The American Adventure for a break and some AC but a show had just started and we didn't want to wait.

1673902108764.jpeg

Our next pit stop was in France. I had heard rumors that as ride openings approach, they will quietly open rides for guests as a soft open/run-through. It was worth checking, but no cigar - the walls were still up around the attraction.

We continued on to the UK pavilion where we grabbed a table in the shade next to the Winnie the Pooh topiaries. Ethan grabbed a Guiness from the Rose and Crown and I snacked on my caramel corn. It was the perfect place to rest and people watch.

From there, we split ways; Ethan headed to go on Mission Space and Test Track, I headed toward the Land Pavilion with the intention of riding Living with the Land on repeat. As I walked in, they were giving the last call for Awesome Planet, so I ducked into the theater for a chance to sit in the AC. After my break, I headed to Living with the Land.

Well something about my positioning on Living with the Land did not sit well with the baby. It was hard to breathe, and I started getting lightheaded. This wasn't helped by the plastic dividers that were up between each row at the time! So when I got off, I decided to head for Soarin' instead even though we were planning to ride it together later. It was a posted 20 minute wait but ended up being closer to 35 minutes. BB really enjoyed this ride, kicking and rolling the whole time!

I headed back outside to wait for Ethan to be done on Mission Space. I found a bench near the pond and enjoyed the flowers. It was perfect weather this day, upper 70s with a breeze, and the sun was just starting to get lower in the sky.

1673902625686.png

When Ethan met up with me, it was time to head to our dinner reservations at La Hacienda de San Angel. This was one of the best meals I've ever had! We started out with queso fundido, then E had the tacos de camarones, and I had the alambre de res. Our server was excellent, and our view was great - I commented that had fireworks been going on, it would have been the perfect spot. As it was, we had a view of the barges with no fireworks show.

1673902900870.png

WARNING for the next section: it involves 🤢🤮 After dinner, we went into the pyramid to wander around and go on the Three Caballeros. The wait was listed at 10 minutes but it took FOREVER. I don't know if there were issues with the ride or what but it took almost half an hour to get to the front of the line. At this time, they had the plexiglass dividers up so it was very claustrophobic, and hindsight being 20/20, I should have listened to my body and gotten out of line. I figured it was just because of the dividers and that I'd feel better once we got on the ride with moving air. Let's just say that I was wrong and about 90 seconds in, my whole dinner came up. I had hyperemesis gravidarum so thankfully I had puke bags on hand and I avoided a humiliating mess, but it still was not fun being trapped on a boat ride while sick.

I was really sweaty and shaky after getting sick so we headed to the first aid center which was mercifully close. The nurses (?) there were so sweet! I explained my situation and that I just needed to sit in the AC for a while to get my bearings. They brought me cold water which also helped settle me. We told them we were planning to head back to our hotel but they were concerned about me walking to the park entrance, so they offered a wheelchair. I said no initially but they insisted, so we took it. It was so nice!

As we were heading toward the front, we passed a festival booth selling Dole Whip. I wanted to try eating some since my stomach was empty now and it is basically a liquid. We sat for a good while slowly enjoying the Dole Whip, and by the end I was feeling much much better. We decided to go on The Seas with Nemo and Friends, which was also our first time! It was so cute and the cool air was nice.

After that, we took a quick selfie in front of Spaceship Earth since we had forgotten to get a good picture earlier in the day. I’m at my photo limit, otherwise I’d include it! Then, after seeing that our wait for an Uber at the main entrance was going to be very long, we decided to take the Skyliner to the Riviera and get an Uber from there. Although it probably took the same total time, it felt much nicer to be making progress out of the park rather than standing around waiting and searching for our Uber.

Once back at the hotel, we showered and collapsed into bed. I felt very grateful that we had scheduled a rest day for the next day.

Attachments

• 1673902667458.png
    1673902667458.png
    732.5 KB · Views: 32

k8einwdw

I was very very pregnant when you started this report, so this is my first time seeing it, but I'm excited to follow along! And happy to hear that you're taking your little one next month, I hope you have a fantastic trip!

E is a bona fide caffeine addict so this was a necessary stop for him, but coffee's been my top aversion during pregnancy
Also, same. I couldn't drink coffee my entire pregnancy with L. 😭 That first Starbucks after getting out of the hospital was bliss!

Mrs.JJP

Original Poster
I'll keep this one short since there is no Disney-related action.

This day was our 4th wedding anniversary! We slept in, ate breakfast in our room and then headed to the pool. It was HOT, unlike the previous day with the nice breeze. This wasn't a problem for me, as I was all too happy to swim and have the water carry the weight of BB for me. E, however, was too cold in the water but too hot in the sun. We unfortunately were joined by a chatterbox who wanted to tell us all about how he traveled here for work and wasn't happy with the hotel. I was thinking "Neither am I, but complaining about it isn't going to change anything at this point." After about 15 minutes of silently praying for him to go away, we excused ourselves to our room.

1674052990579.png

We showered, took a nap, and then got ready for dinner. We had reservations at Ciao Italia, which we also went to in 2019. The food and service was excellent so we were excited to go back.

1674053444057.jpeg

E got the "Pappardelle al Cinghiale con Porcini" which is pappardelle with wild boar and porcini mushrooms. He LOVED it and still talks about it (literally just brought it up last night to friends in January 2023 lol). I had a tortellini dish that I can't find on their menu anymore so I don't remember what it was called, but it was very good! We shared an affogato and a creme brulee for dessert.

1674053333628.jpeg

We headed back to the hotel to rest up for our big Magic Kingdom day (and gender reveal!)

Mrs.JJP

Original Poster
Day 5, part 1

Magic Kingdom day! I was unsure of how the day would go, not being able to do all the rides and needing more breaks, but I was excited to be back either way!

We took an Uber to the TTC and for some reason the monorail wasn't running at that point. So we hopped on the ferry (first time for both of us!) and soon the castle was in sight.

Once in the park, we saw that Mickey and friends were greeting people from the train station! I don't know if it's pregnancy hormones or Disney magic, but seeing so many characters this trip made me tear up every time.

Our first stop was the castle Photo Pass photographer so we could take our photo revealing that BB is a...

1674231287552.jpeg

GIRL! A "Minnie-me"! I was shocked when I found out she was a girl - we had already started calling her "Isaac" because I felt so sure she was a boy.

1674232887918.jpeg

Our first ride was Winnie the Pooh - not quite an Arty Pooh since we had to wait for the photos ( @Tuvalu ) but the wait was still just a few minutes. This was also our first time on Winnie the Pooh! We skipped it last time in favor of more thrill rides, but we were going to be hitting up (almost) everything with no height limit today.

We stopped in Fantasy Faire as I was told it was the only place we could get Mickey ears embroidered at that time. I was really disappointed they didn't have the pink hats anymore, only black. I have a personalized pink Mickey ear hat from my first trip when I was 8 years old, so I was hoping BB could match.

At this point, BB and I were already hungry so we placed a mobile order for Sleepy Hollow - the Nutella fruit waffle for me, the spicy chicken waffle for E. These are our FAVORITE foods in Magic Kingdom.

While we waited for our mobile order, we went to Mickey's Philharmagic - another first. It was so cute! This ended up being the theme with all the shows we'd skipped before - "That was so cute, I can't believe we've never seen it!" Our next stop was Under the Sea with the Little Mermaid (another first). I really enjoyed it, especially the Ursula scene but the part where they lower you under the water backwards made me really dizzy!

We then picked up our waffles and enjoyed them at a table in the shade.
1674231843608.png

Once we were done, we headed to Tomorrowland so Ethan could ride Space Mountain, and I could ride the PeopleMover while waiting for him. The wait for the PeopleMover was 35 minutes, and I ended up getting done at the same time as Ethan. It was nice to put my feet up for a while, though, and to check on Tron progress. I had to harass my brother because he engineered the window for the security booth for the ride, so I joke that it's his fault it's taken so long to get the ride operational.

We had been planning to ride the PeopleMover together once we joined up again, but since the wait was so long, we jumped in line for Buzz Lightyear. I was so determined to beat E; I'm terribly competitive and he's a big gamer so it's a bad combo. He did beat me, but not by much.

1674232000077.jpeg

Since we were in the area, we headed to Carousel of Progress - another first for both of us. I loved the show just as much as sitting in the shade for 20 minutes, even though the AC was clearly struggling to keep up - still better than the 90+ degrees outside!

When we left the Carousel of Progress, we waved at Stitch (no photo), and then saw that Buzz Lightyear looked like a walk on so we got back in line again, while I hyped myself up to get my redemption.

1674232798012.png

SUCCESS!!

Mrs.JJP

Original Poster
On our way out of Tomorrowland, we saw a PhotoPass photographer with no wait, so we got a few photos... that came out blurry for some reason?

1674233128883.jpeg

I love my husband but I don’t want to hug him in 95 degree heat 🥵😂

1674233202490.jpeg

We then headed across the park for our first ever visit to the Enchanted Tiki Room! We loved it, and you can imagine that we were singing "in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room" for weeks afterward.

From the Tiki Room, we went to the Jungle Cruise. I can't remember what the posted wait was, but it ended up being much longer than posted. I was hot and getting cranky fast; it didn't help that it was in the 90s. The boat ride helped cool me off but I was, full disclosure, approaching meltdown status. I asserted that I needed to get something to eat NOW as soon as we disembarked, but as we know, it's hard to eat in Disney World (I can't remember who coined that). It was a struggle finding a mobile order time slot that was available soon at a location that wasn't clear across the park.

I was able to place an order for a citrus swirl, but E and I parted ways so he could find something he wanted to eat, and I got turned around without my guide. By the time I arrived and picked up my citrus swirl, I was fuming (at nothing and no one in particular). E had gotten a shady table near the Liberty Tree Market. On my way, I got cut off by the princess cavalcade. I was excited to see the princesses but getting more and more irritated as I couldn't eat my ice cream fast enough to stop it dripping all over me.

Ice Cream Cartoons Comics GIF

Once I found Ethan, I had citrus swirl all down my hand and it had dripped down onto my legs. I sat down at the table and started complaining that I was hot and uncomfortable and now sticky, while I wiped myself down with Wet Ones. The cherry on top was that one of those big white birds with the long beaks started coming at my trying to get my food. I kicked at it and yelled "GET OUT OF HERE!" A kid nearby thought that was so funny and started yelling "Get out of here!" at the birds near them. (Insert my relief that I only used family-friendly language lol). That helped snap me out of my mood, along with the sugar from the ice cream.

It was clear that I needed to prioritize more time sitting and in the air conditioning. After a good long break in the shade, we headed for the Haunted Mansion since we were nearby and the wait wasn't too long. We got stopped many times by playful spooks, and I thought we might get evacuated in the hallway with knocking doors. We also didn't get our ride photo!

We then headed toward Frontierland for Country Bear Jamboree. We had skipped this on our last trip but (or because...) we had both seen it before. Well it had been 20 years for me... I definitely forgot how entertaining it is. We were in stitches!

One of my favorite memories from this trip is walking past Country Bears (I can't remember at which point in the day it was), and the bears were up on the balcony waving. One of them excitedly got my attention, pointed at me, and then mimed rocking a baby. I put my hand on my belly and said "Yeah!" I was so excited because I didn't look particularly pregnant unless I was touching my belly so it was exciting to have a character recognize it.

The wait times for Splash Mountain and Big Thunder were decent, so Ethan went to ride those while I found a cool, air conditioned seating area behind Tortuga Tavern (which was closed at the time) to sit and have some snacks and water.

1674233391006.png

Once we joined up again, we headed for Pirates, which was about a 20 minute wait. We also didn't get our ride photo here!

It was about dinnertime once we disembarked so we placed a mobile order for Pecos Bill's which was ready after just a few minutes. We got our food and found a table near the windows. I can’t remember what E had but I had the pulled pork nachos and they were SO GOOD! We ended up having prime seating because we could watch the various cavalcades as they went by. We saw Mickey and Minnie's cavalcade as well as Goofy's. We mobile ordered some Dole Whips from Aloha Isle - regular for Ethan, pineapple/coconut swirl for me - and started meandering toward Fantasyland.

1674233481259.png

It's a Small World was a 20 minute wait, so we got in line, but it was definitely longer than 20 minutes. I didn't mind because this is one of my favorite rides! Once we got on, we realized that the wait was taking so long because the boats were essentially backed up bumper to bumper almost the entire way. So it seemed like they had more boats on the river than there should have been... which seems odd. It took us about 10 minutes just to get from the last room to the exit. I love this ride but not THAT much lol

We then hopped in line for Peter Pan which was a 35 minute wait. It was fun going through the queue because we had gotten a FastPass+ on our last trip (RIP). Honestly this ride isn't my favorite, but we had the time and I could go on while pregnant.

We then popped in to Fantasy Faire to get BB her Mickey ears. I'm sure some of you know what I'm going to say, but it turns out that they stop doing embroidery an hour before park closing. I almost started crying. I explained to the cast member that this is our last day in the parks and that it's for my baby and is there pretty please any way we could get them embroidered?!? She told me that if we bought the ears there, we could go to the Town Square Theater and they might be able to embroider them still. We bought the ears and booked it up Main Street and I did my best to not sound hysterical as I asked the cast member there if she would be able to personalize the ears. When she said it would be no problem, I could have kissed her haha. It took about half an hour so we wandered around looking at pins. Then the ears were ready!

1674233550705.png

This is our baby mouse's name: Abigail Jo! Between the hormones and being exhausted, I shed a couple tears looking at those ears and thinking about our sweet girl wearing them. We had about 20 minutes left until park close and BB and I wanted another Dole Whip, so we decided to trek all the way back to Adventureland while I placed our mobile order. On our way, we passed a PhotoPass photographer and decided to get some photos in front of the castle all lit up.

We sat and enjoyed our Dole Whips and then slowly made our way out of the park. It was a fun but exhausting day and I was ready to sleep in the next day!

Tiki Traveler

So many wonderful ways to celebrate the arrival of your baby! The gender reveal, mouse ears, and mouse ear picture are so sweet!

Glad you enjoyed the Tiki Room - it’s an underappreciated treasure! ;)

k8einwdw

Once I found Ethan, I had citrus swirl all down my hand and it had dripped down onto my legs. I sat down at the table and started complaining that I was hot and uncomfortable and now sticky, while I wiped myself down with Wet Ones. The cherry on top was that one of those big white birds with the long beaks started coming at my trying to get my food. I kicked at it and yelled "GET OUT OF HERE!
Oh my gosh…did you cry? Pregnant me would have 10000% cried. 😂😂😂

Mrs.JJP

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing! I'm excited for your little's first trip. I know you were disappointed about the pink ears, but I love the pink stitching on the black ones!
I think the black ones worked out for the best, she recognized them as Mickey ears from a very young age! 😁

Mrs.JJP

Original Poster
Our last full day was supposed to be a hotel-only day... but I had forgotten to get a Christmas ornament at Magic Kingdom! So we hopped over to Disney Springs to pick one out at Days of Christmas. I'm a very picky buyer and this choice was even harder because it felt so momentous... the ornament to commemorate our babymoon! (I'm laughing at myself almost 2 years later, just FYI). We picked out this red Minnie Mouse ornament since it ~went~ with our gender announcement. It turned out to be the perfect choice for this trip, because Abigail LOVES Minnie and Mickey now - calls them both "Lala" - and was excited for every day of the 2 months we had our tree up to point out "Lala".

1676920014067.jpeg

Since we were here... we had to stop for another Dole Whip! We sat and watched the live music at the waterside stage, enjoying our treat. It was much cooler than our MK day so we were happy to just meander around. We spotted the PhotoPass studio and decided to duck in, since our Memory Maker covered one consecutive day. I've just realized, however that I must not have downloaded any of the photos because I cannot find them anywhere! Oh well, they weren't that great anyway 😂

1676920033738.jpeg

The next day was our flight home but it didn't leave until later in the afternoon. We had our hotel store our luggage and we took an Uber to Fantasia Gardens to play a round of mini golf. It was actually really fun but I'm not very good, and as I mentioned before, I'm very competitive. My sweet husband therefore fudged the score so that I beat him by 1 😆 He's such a good sport!

1676920049246.jpeg

After mini golf I was really hungry, and I decided we should walk over to Yacht and Beach Club to eat at Beaches and Cream. I misjudged two things here. The first was how short of a walk it would be to Beach Club. It's certainly doable but being pregnant and walking so much the previous days after a sedentary start to my pregnancy... it wasn't my brightest idea. I also didn't realize until we got there that Beaches and Cream takes reservations. Unsurprisingly, the wait was over an hour which was not going to work for me.

We were able to get a table at Martha's Vineyard after a short wait. Our server was excellent, but I didn't get his name! I ordered a club sandwich, and I can't remember what E ordered. It really hit the spot. From there, we took an Uber back to our hotel to pick up our luggage and head to MCO for our flight home.

It was a great trip, and while it was exhausting being pregnant, I'm so glad we had that time together before BB joined our family. I can't wait to head back in just 5 days! I won’t take 2 years to get that trip report up 🤪 Thank you all for following along!
Mickey Mouse Dcl GIF by Amo Cruzeiro Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom