⚜️ ONE WORD COMP! [Results Posted!]

Outbound

Original Poster
OneWordCompLogo.png

December 18th - December 25st

Huzzah! Excelsior! Welcome all to the first (and hopefully last) One Word Competition!

With only one word at your disposal, you'll need to be more concise and imaginative than ever! First started as a joke, over the past few months I've finalized a set of rules to make this zany game work. The most important rule: K.I.S.S - keep it simple, silly! - a saying derived from this games' inspiration, the lovely One Sentence Competition. Because at the end of the day, the 1WC is madcap, meaningless, and all about having fun!

For one week - from midnight Saturday, December 18th, to Christmas Eve's end, Friday, December 24th, I'll be posting seven simple prompts. They'll range from large-scale overhaul to the fine disney details, and you can answer them in any way: but only with one word!

No pictures, and no incorrect hyphen usage! The competition is meant to be extremely casual, so if you've got a busy day, you won't need more than five seconds to submit your post. That said, feel free to make as many submissions to an individual prompt per day, and I'll award you the points for your highest-scoring proposal!

So bundle up by the warm fire and countdown for next week, when the
One Word Comp. hits a theater streaming service near you!

Outbound

Original Poster
PREVIEW DAY
The Happiest Word on Earth

1639723847820.png

This round won't count for any standings, but it's a great way to get a feel for the game!

It's 1955, and in just a few short months Disneyland will be opening to the public. WED Enterprises has spent tireless hours designing four immersive lands for families passing the gates of Main Street USA, named in the pattern Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland. Now, Walt himself is taking you to pitch a fifth and final land to complement these four Disneyland classics.

PROMPT
In only ONE word, imagine a fifth classic "______-land" to round out the 1955 Disneyland Park!

RULES

You have only one word. Multiword nouns, such as "Mickey-Mouse", are fine, but please no complete sentences / expansionary details.
Deadline closes Midnight, 12/17 PST!

TIPS
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose whatever you please!

JUDGING CRITERIA
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, particularly with what constitutes/doesn't a "word" (general rule: I'm not picky and will probably accept it lol) please feel free to ask! Enjoy!​

Outbound

Original Poster
PREVIEW DAY

1639723847820.png

This round won't count for any standings, but it's a great way to get a feel for the game!

It's 1955, and in just a few short months Disneyland will be opening to the public. WED Enterprises has spent tireless hours designing four immersive lands for families passing the gates of Main Street USA, named in the pattern Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland. Now, Walt himself is taking you to pitch a fifth and final land to complement these four Disneyland classics.

PROMPT
In only ONE word, imagine a fifth classic "______-land" to round out the 1955 Disneyland Park!

RULES

You have only one word. Multiword nouns, such as "Mickey-Mouse", are fine, but please no complete sentences / expansionary details.

TIPS
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose whatever you please!

JUDGING CRITERIA
Is it creative?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, particularly with what constitutes/doesn't a "word" (general rule: I'm not picky and will probably accept it lol) please feel free to ask! Enjoy!​
Ex: Discoveryland!

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
PREVIEW DAY

1639723847820.png

PROMPT

RULES

TIPS

JUDGING CRITERIA
Is it creative?

Freedom-land! 😉 🇺🇸

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom