News Return of the Walt Disney World tram fleet tracker

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So a CFO of a multi billion dollar company cant be coached and or choose her words better because? Shes not in guest services? Legitimately tried to say saving money is secondary to fat guests. When her entire job is...money.
I specifically said I wasn't defending her, and what she said was rude. So don't spew your nerdrage at me.

G00fyDad

I specifically said I wasn't defending her, and what she said was rude. So don't spew your nerdrage at me.
angry 30 rock GIF

matt9112

That’s not what she said

Im not defending her, what she said was stupid. But don’t be misleading

That is what she said...just not in those words. Tried to justify portion cuts based on the size of many disney guests....specifically mentioning waistlines also removes the ambiguity that it might be to benefit those on keto or something and that its directed at rounder guests.

ps. You are defending her.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’m all for ripping Disney execs for their financial decisions. However, her comment was in the context of reducing portion sizes so they wouldn’t have to raise prices. Yes, I realize reducing portions but charging the same amount is essentially raising prices. But the comment in question was not an indictment in guest waistlines. They don’t give a mouse’s hind end about those, if we’re being honest. The day they do is the day they’ve crossed a line.

montyz81

Now that we know the Trams are returning. Can we start a new thread that tracks the return of Hoop Dee Doo? That will make the MK Resort area feel whole again. (All of Disney World will feel whole when they decide to put Epcot's missing leg back)

bpiper

I am currently at Disneyworld. Went to Boma for breakfast today. We are DVC and have stayed at AKL many times or go to Boma multiple times on a vacation.

Today for the very first time they had a sign at the guard shack saying that their parking lot is reserved for hotel guests only and that they cannot provide parking for other guests due to Limited spaces being available. We have seen these type of signs at contemporary and Polynesian hotels all the time. This is to prevent people from parking there and going to the Magic Kingdom. We have never seen this at AKL before.

So is it being caused by people trying to avoid the $25 parking fee or are they parking there to take the bus in so they don't have to walk all the way in the parking lot because no trams are available? Either way it's very intriguing and new.

TrojanUSC

I’m all for ripping Disney execs for their financial decisions. However, her comment was in the context of reducing portion sizes so they wouldn’t have to raise prices. Yes, I realize reducing portions but charging the same amount is essentially raising prices. But the comment in question was not an indictment in guest waistlines. They don’t give a mouse’s hind end about those, if we’re being honest. The day they do is the day they’ve crossed a line.

That's actually not true. For many years there's been a big push to serve healthier food, particularly since Iger, who is a fanatical healthy eater, took over. It's Disney's subtle nudge towards encouraging their (often overweight) guests to be healthier. Examples include (removing McDonalds, serving cuties or apple slices with kids meals, offering more plant-based options, increasing healthier options at restaurants beyond burgers & fries, etc).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That's actually not true. For many years there's been a big push to serve healthier food, particularly since Iger, who is a fanatical healthy eater, took over. It's Disney's subtle nudge towards encouraging their (often overweight) guests to be healthier. Examples include (removing McDonalds, serving cuties or apple slices with kids meals, offering more plant-based options, increasing healthier options at restaurants beyond burgers & fries, etc).

You can believe that if you want. It's all about the benjamins and getting people to pay for food in the parks. They are trying to cater to everyone, period. They couldn't care less if you order a burger or a "plant-based burger" (because processing vegetables to taste like meat is 1000% healthy, right???), or if you have fries or carrots or apple slices with your meal.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I am currently at Disneyworld. Went to Boma for breakfast today. We are DVC and have stayed at AKL many times or go to Boma multiple times on a vacation.

Today for the very first time they had a sign at the guard shack saying that their parking lot is reserved for hotel guests only and that they cannot provide parking for other guests due to Limited spaces being available. We have seen these type of signs at contemporary and Polynesian hotels all the time. This is to prevent people from parking there and going to the Magic Kingdom. We have never seen this at AKL before.

So is it being caused by people trying to avoid the $25 parking fee or are they parking there to take the bus in so they don't have to walk all the way in the parking lot because no trams are available? Either way it's very intriguing and new.

What a joke. "Limited spaces available"? If parking at AKL wasn't an issue in the past, and from the times we've stayed there it never, ever was, why is it an issue now? I understand cracking down on people trying to park at resorts and walk to a theme park, like at Poly or the Contemporary. But AKL?

TrojanUSC

You can believe that if you want. It's all about the benjamins and getting people to pay for food in the parks. They are trying to cater to everyone, period. They couldn't care less if you order a burger or a "plant-based burger" (because processing vegetables to taste like meat is 1000% healthy, right???), or if you have fries or carrots or apple slices with your meal.

I mean I can believe it because I was in meetings about how it was an issue for the company at the Burbank-level and a panel was created to combat the issue.

castlecake2.0

There actually was a company mandated push to get healthier menus especially for children.

castlecake2.0

Almost every resort has that sign posted now, could be a combination of several factors.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What a joke. "Limited spaces available"? If parking at AKL wasn't an issue in the past, and from the times we've stayed there it never, ever was, why is it an issue now? I understand cracking down on people trying to park at resorts and walk to a theme park, like at Poly or the Contemporary. But AKL?
If you crack down on some loopholes people will find others. AKL provides buses to all the parks, so, why not park there for free if you can?

Anyway, it's currently policy at all the other Disney resorts to only allow guests to park there, especially when COVID protocols were in place. People just wanting to see the resort decorations are turned away.

It also allows them to keep track of guest cars to charge them for parking.

Disone

Trams on the way from storage to Magic Kingdom parking lot. There have been 5 all week in the SW corner until today.
View attachment 606489
Hummmmm. Not sure why this tram is on world Dr. They do periodically move them but it's not moving from Storage. Magic Kingdom has nine Trams in is parking lot which have been there pretty much the entire time since the shutdown in March of 2020. Occasionally they are moved. The other three Parks have four each. The 9th trams have been stored for a while now at the Southwest section of the parking lot.

I guess here is there assessing mechanical needs of each tram and sending only the best ones that are in least need of any mechanical repair for the rather immediate opening of Magic Kingdom. The rest of the Parks have a little bit more time. But that doesn't mean the nine best are in the Magic Kingdom parking lot so they're probably doing some Trams swaps to ensure that that is the case for the opening of that service later this month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom