Why do people seem to dislike It's a Small World?

RoadiJeff

I still remember a few years ago reading a comment from someone on suggestions to improve this ride. He said Disney should hand out softballs to everyone as they get on the boats.

cookiee_munster

One of my jungle cruise skippers made a reference to all parents making sure they didn't lose their kids after leaving the ride, otherwise they'd be forever left to sing and dance in it's a small world. So the joke to hate the ride extends even into the parks via cast members. :p

Sbk1234

I am proud to say I LOVE IASW. One of my favorites. A pure classic. One of the things I like about it - besides being a long ride in a lovely air-conditioned atmosphere - is that in today's ridiculous, hate-filled world, I welcome such a message of pure joy and acceptance. We need more of this, IMHO. And in 54 years of riding (mostly in California), I've NEVER had the song stuck in my head.

(Although, I confess that when I'm in a confined place with people like an elevator or something, I tend to hum the first few notes over and over again, making sure it gets stuck in other people's heads.)

DfromATX

I can't imagine a Disney vacation that didn't include at least one ride on it's a small world. It's a classic for a reason!

Same here. It's not my favorite, but but I do like it. It's a classic and I like to ride it at least once. Same with Peter Pan. We usually do Fantasyland early before it gets crowded, but we don't usually go back to it though.

Touchdown

My grandmother loved it, I was ambivalent about it until some of the latter trips when she was wheelchair bound. After sitting on the exit ramp for 45-60 min hearing that song and then having to go on the ride i despised that song and the ride for many years.

Now that she’s passed, I’m going back towards being ambivalent again. It’s a once a trip ride.

Unless I’m in DL at Christmas because iasw holiday is fantastic and a sometime multiple ride a day ride. Having the song be partially replaced by Jingle Bells and Deck the Halls is so much better.

Diamond Dot

I love it, especially the Disneyland one where they have Mulan and Mushu in China, Lilo and Stitch in Hawaii and so many other well known Disney characters dotted around it.

dreday3

It's one of my favorite rides. I love it because it's a classic, the music instantly reminds me of Disney, it's cool and refreshing and a nice break from the heat. It is colorful with a ton to look at. I just get confused when Disneyfreaks like most everyone on here is, hates the ride because to me it is everything Disney represents.

I love it, but don't question those who don't like it.

I can't stand Voices of Liberty. Its adult contemporary acapella, ugh! 😂 I realize most disagree.

Phil12

It's just a terrible attraction. Walt only had 11 months from start to finish to have his people create this ride for the 1964 World's Fair. Walt's group had all ready created three other attractions for the Fair (Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Magic Skyway and Carousel of Progress). Pepsi contacted the Disney people and asked them to create a ride and Joe Fowler turned them down because there just wasn't enough time. When Walt heard about it, he countered Fowler and told Pepsi that his team would be happy to create a ride for Pepsi. The bottom line was that as long as Pepsi was willing to pay the price, Walt was willing to throw anything together. And that's why IASW looks like something my grandfather would build in his backyard. But Walt got a huge sum of money from Pepsi and that ride is still taking in huge sums of money from guests at Disney parks. It shows the true genius of Walt!

donaldtoo

No dislike of IaSW here. It was the first Disney Park attraction I ever went on during my very first visit to Disneyland in 1968, at the age of 6.
And, it was our oldest granddaughter’s very first attraction when we took her to WDW in Oct. of 2019. It will also be youngest granddaughter’s first attraction on our upcoming January family trip.
Oldest granddaughter really enjoyed it…!!! :)

D879DF64-7D3F-4F6B-9501-7497D2F9FA9D.jpeg

J4546

i dislike it because its sooo long and monotonous and boring. But I also get the charm of the simplicity of it and I like the aesthetic of the exterior of the building in the park.

RoadiJeff

The ride is something that I think is rather boring but for whatever reason it is something that I just have to go on whenever I'm in the MK park. I just don't feel like my visit for that day is complete unless I do this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom