News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Beacon Joe

So sad I am going in nov 2022, and this and the train may not be open. :(
Forget the pandemic.. there is no reason for these long construction time tables.
I have already lost hope on tron being open.. but the train is a big blow.

Magic Kingdom's 50th anniversary celebration, and the trains won't be running for most if not all of it. Walt would have been proud.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What if there’s something new to look at from the train? Then will we find something new to complain about?
That would be a welcome surprise. Still doesn’t excuse the pace of construction and the length of the closure, but it would be nice.
It’s a great feat of engineering! They’re even going to use concrete reinforced with steel!
I’m looking forward to the 6-part Instagram series by TheZach about color choices and what an engineering marvel the tunnel is and how it ties in with the origins of MK. Oh wait…

ToTBellHop

That would be a welcome surprise. Still doesn’t excuse the pace of construction and the length of the closure, but it would be nice.

I’m looking forward to the 6-part Instagram series by TheZach about color choices and what an engineering marvel the tunnel is and how it ties in with the origins of MK. Oh wait…
It’s very difficult to build tunnels in Florida due to the high water table and heat. 90% of tunnels melt. Many deaths.

And it will be iridescent!

Bocabear

What if there’s something new to look at from the train? Then will we find something new to complain about?
if there is I don't think anyone would complain...The train route really needs some plussing on the settings... It should be really nicely done and thought out... our train route is pretty blah...definitely was below Disneyland's route

ToTBellHop

if there is I don't think anyone would complain...The train route really needs some plussing on the settings... It should be really nicely done and thought out... our train route is pretty blah...definitely was below Disneyland's route
We certainly won’t see anything of Primeval World’s scale.

doctornick

We certainly won’t see anything of Primeval World’s scale.

I actually think some sort of projected futuristic scenery (perhaps even Tron related) would be appropriate as the train passed through Tomorrowland.

Of course it would have been great if they were using this downtime to put in a Grand Canyon diorama in the Frontierland stretch of the ride. Not only would it thematically fit, but that's the most boring part of the RR at MK.

G00fyDad

trippy gene wilder GIF

pdude81

This is because they don't want to have to think about objects dropping from people on the ride onto the train or the tracks, correct? It's just something they weren't thinking too carefully about in the initial design.

Patcheslee

My bad, it was closed for refurbishment during our first visit. Every other trip was due to Tron, but either way, it’s been 7 years and I’ve been unable to ride it.
It was only running Frontierland to Fantasyland our first visit in June 2017, fully closed next visit in 2019. Sorta a bad joke in the family: we'll go again when it reopens fully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom