News Return of the Walt Disney World tram fleet tracker

Brian

I find it kind of amazing that it is still only the TTC and not the other parks. wow.
It does make sense that it would be TTC instead of others, considering the size of the MK parking lot and the likelihood that they'll be using most of it as we approach Christmas.

As for the other parks, I'd imagine we'll see those trams come back online in 2022 after the labor situation improves in revenue-generating lines of business.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It does make sense that it would be TTC instead of others, considering the size of the MK parking lot and the likelihood that they'll be using most of it as we approach Christmas.

As for the other parks, I'd imagine we'll see those trams come back online in 2022 after the labor situation improves in revenue-generating lines of business.
I can't really accept any scenario that they are not operating at all four parks as we speak right now. They should have been back a long time ago. This is Disney we are talking about, they have the means to get labor to do anything, if they wish to pay for it.

Brian

I can't really accept any scenario that they are not operating at all four parks as we speak right now. They should have been back a long time ago. This is Disney we are talking about, they have the means to get labor to do anything, if they wish to pay for it.
Agreed, but to your point, its Disney we're talking about. They certainly can get the labor they need to run them (for the right price), but they weigh executive bonuses and streaming content creation above guest experience.

disneygeek90

It also seems like something that labor wise is incredibly low to run. 5 trams out and about at each park with 2 CM’s manning each one… that’s 40 employees for any given shift. Not a lot.

Disney Analyst

I will say, I only ever used the trams at the TTC, and honestly most times I just walked.... 😅

But this is am important service or those who have a hard time walking long distances.

Brian

It also seems like something that labor wise is incredibly low to run. 5 trams out and about at each park with 2 CM’s manning each one… that’s 40 employees for any given shift. Not a lot.
I think where it becomes "a lot" is when you have some revenue-generating locations, like restaurants or merchandise locations, which can't operate at full capacity, while there are CMs are running the trams in the parking lot. Those 40 employees for each shift can go a long way in terms of opening up, for example, another bay at Cosmic Ray's.

That said, as Steve pointed out, there very well may have been a business case made that merchandise sales were being suppressed at MK by people not wanting to haul their purchases through the parking lot on foot.

Walt d

Yeah, it was all a very obvious cost saving measure more than it was ever about safety. Labor to be more specific. They just had to wait for those odd long hours for a large number of employees that the College Program brings back.
Yes!!!! Bring back the trams, they are a e ticket for sure!!!

matt9112

I think where it becomes "a lot" is when you have some revenue-generating locations, like restaurants or merchandise locations, which can't operate at full capacity, while there are CMs are running the trams in the parking lot. Those 40 employees for each shift can go a long way in terms of opening up, for example, another bay at Cosmic Ray's.

That said, as Steve pointed out, there very well may have been a business case made that merchandise sales were being suppressed at MK by people not wanting to haul their purchases through the parking lot on foot.

Increase there pay scale?

CJR

If they don't bring the rest back at the same time, hopefully, they start with DAK. It seems like they enjoy going in the order the parks opened for things, but DAK was a long walk in the sun during my last trip. Epcot and DHS at least have some shade.

ToTBellHop

Do we have trams everywhere? No? But do we have $10 bracelets to remind you who you are?
5FEA6058-1008-453C-ABD2-1ECE25086A33.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom