Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Disstevefan1

After experiencing Disney Parks 3 days in a row, I can categorically state I will NEVER visit a Disney park in Orlando ever again

This Genie LL plus garbage has totally ruined the experience, ruined the park, ****ed us off totally, got us fed up and totally taken away ANY enjoyment of the parks.

We are 4 days into our Orlando 2 week trip and decided to stick to Universals,sea world and busch gardens.

1) panicking at 7am as to what Genie Plus we can get

2) not knowing what to rope dropped as you don't know if/when you might get a LL+

3) trying to get into the park through security and scan your band in, at the EXACT time individual lighting lanes come available at park open.

4)stampede of people at park open with many with heads in their phones like zombies bumbing into everyone

5)individual lightning lanes selling out BEFORE non park guests get a chance to look

6)rides going down for prolonged periods randomly after queueing a long time

And the list goes on and on.

I would much prefer a totally wait in line for EVERYONE or if they are that desperate for money, make the fast pass system $300 or something

The whole thing is confusing, the maps on the app are diabolical, the operating system is seriously flawed...we went to pay for LL+ and at the end it kicked us out....then none were available.

A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE experience...never again

Another thing..how come there are so many children in the parks? I thought in the US thanksgiving was last week?

Anyway..sorry for the rant...im an experienced Disney Parker and this whole thing is a nightmare for me, so God knows how Newcomers get on...

Total disaster.

Thank god I'm here for 2 weeks and I can spend time now in other parks.
I hear ya.
And the good thing is, both Universal and SeaWorld are great, especially around the holidays.
And before we know it, Universal’s newest park, Epic Universe will be open too.

Patcheslee

I only made the angry face cause of "exposed coaster track" comment. Personally I think it makes Universal different then Disney. I love coasters and it's mainly due to the physical side of them.

At Disney their rides mainly don't have that physical side to things except for Tower of Terror. They are great at telling a story but I need more than that. It's a big reason I find the majority of Disney rides one and done.
I look at is as personal esthetic deal. No different than some resorts are not to my personal liking, but not everyone will agree. I appreciate the design that was put into any though.

UNCgolf

I like Navi but I wish they had not shortened it so much from the original plan for it, as it seems a bit rushed in the experience to me. I find myself just getting into it and its over, LOL

Oh I agree -- I'm not saying it's a perfect ride. I'd like it to be longer too (and also have more AAs).

On the other hand, if it was 10 minutes long with more AAs, it would probably be a D or possibly E ticket. It's pretty good as is if you consider it a C ticket. I'm not sure people would expect that D/E ticket level if it usually had 20-30 minute waits like, e.g., Winnie the Pooh instead of 60+ minute waits, and that's almost entirely a result of AK not having enough attractions.

Last edited:

Jeff4272

Genie+ is flawed in that it is still giving out all capacity as quickly as people will take it. That is why the thing breaks down.

The whole advantage of removing the scheduled portion of FP+ was to enable an adhoc experience where guests could be steered based on what is happening 'now'. It removed the burdens of advanced plans and their constraints while making it so everyone (not just those who book the furthest in advance) would have opportunity at passes.

If you don't ensure there is adhoc opportunities - you basically just stripped the system down and took away what some liked about FP+ without giving them anything in return.

I would like to see them simply not give out Genie+ reservations for anything more than 2hrs away. That way you can setup a place where people use standby first, except for things you're willing to invest in, and you commit to that reservation when it comes free. By limiting how much you give out in advance, you undo this 'must stay all day' thing, you give people lots more opportunities, and most importantly you drive an adhoc experience.
Why not sell a certain percentage in advance for resort guests only? allow people to pick return times?

Jrb1979

Why not sell a certain percentage in advance for resort guests only? allow people to pick return times?
Why not bring back FP+ at that rate? I like that it's now day of. I just think they need to change some things to make it better. One would be to make it more like Maxpass and it only works when in the park. The second thing would be to have rolling availability for the day.

Jeff4272

I think there needs to be something offered to resort guests

We went at Thanksgiving and not knowing if we could get on the rides was awful

we dont rope drop

we hate being on our phones

why not offer Deluxe Guests an "any ride, any time" pass? That way you know you're getting on what you want in advance without having to wake up early and be on your phone all day.....

They could Tier them:
1) Top Tier includes every ride (all ILL and Genie+), unlimited amounts for $150 pp
2) Second Tier includes every ride (all ILL and Genie+) one time only
3) Third Tier is unlimited rides, no ILL and only Genie+ (can buy ILL like everyone else if you want to get up at 7am)
4) Fourth Tier is one time only Genie+, no ILL

Why would this be so difficult?

This would leave plenty of inventory for day guests or other resort guests

ImperfectPixie

I think there needs to be something offered to resort guests

We went at Thanksgiving and not knowing if we could get on the rides was awful

we dont rope drop

we hate being on our phones

why not offer Deluxe Guests an "any ride, any time" pass? That way you know you're getting on what you want in advance without having to wake up early and be on your phone all day.....

They could Tier them:
1) Top Tier includes every ride (all ILL and Genie+), unlimited amounts for $150 pp
2) Second Tier includes every ride (all ILL and Genie+) one time only
3) Third Tier is unlimited rides, no ILL and only Genie+ (can buy ILL like everyone else if you want to get up at 7am)
4) Fourth Tier is one time only Genie+, no ILL

Why would this be so difficult?
And create more obvious class divide in the parks? No thanks.

DisneyCane

I only made the angry face cause of "exposed coaster track" comment. Personally I think it makes Universal different then Disney. I love coasters and it's mainly due to the physical side of them.

At Disney their rides mainly don't have that physical side to things except for Tower of Terror. They are great at telling a story but I need more than that. It's a big reason I find the majority of Disney rides one and done.
Makes sense and I share your opinion about that stuff making Universal a different experience. Although Disney still has things like Slinky Dog that are lightly themed with exposed track. It just isn't the focal point of the park.

Jeff4272

And create more obvious class divide in the parks? No thanks.
What do you think there is now?

I personally think hotel bookings will suffer.....my trip 2 weeks ago was awful and will never go back if its like that...

the system is terrible

I cancelled my Disney+ and did the survey and the reason i gave was because hated Genie+

Jeff4272

And I don't expect things to get any better if they decide to tweak the system in one way or another. They need to just suck it up and start adding capacity in every way they can.
Well we'll be done which stinks b we love Disney.....

Just not what it is now......we were so tired every day and we missed out on a lot of attractions b of not getting ILL's and being too crowded to get more than 1 Genie+

Im the worst kind of customer........One that loves it, wants to go but will not because of how difficult it is

Thepuma

Another thing.....we have visited Disney 3 days in a row and over half the sanitiser stations were EMPTY!!!

With all the millions Disney make each day, Is it beyond them to keep their sanitiser pump topped up?

Especially seeing that they are now fleecing customers with Genie Plus and LL+

Thepuma

You don’t have to buy it, I’m going soon, didn’t buy it in Oct, don’t plan to this trip either.
That's everyone's perogative of course. But if we had not bought it we would have had to wait about 4 hours longer on average.

I resented paying for it, but I'd rather do it than shoot myself in the foot for the sake of stubbornness

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom