News Walt Disney World holidays 2021

ToTBellHop

The Italy Holiday Kitchen be like
1638295837137.png

castlecake2.0

Wow how sad. Still heard nothing back from my email about it. May print out some letters to deliver to the front desks so it can go right to the GM since guestcomm is apparently overwhelmed.

I think its probably mostly due to reduced labor; less people prepping the decor to be installed and then less labor spent to install the smaller amount of decor. I’m guessing they were told to focus their efforts on refurbishing the decor for the main lobby areas and forget about the rest for now (hopefully). This is the last season I’ll give them a pass. If it’s not back to normal by next holiday I’ll become very vocal about it (not like it makes much difference)

aladdin2007

Wow how sad. Still heard nothing back from my email about it. May print out some letters to deliver to the front desks so it can go right to the GM since guestcomm is apparently overwhelmed.

I think its probably mostly due to reduced labor; less people prepping the decor to be installed and then less labor spent to install the smaller amount of decor. I’m guessing they were told to focus their efforts on refurbishing the decor for the main lobby areas and forget about the rest for now (hopefully). This is the last season I’ll give them a pass. If it’s not back to normal by next holiday I’ll become very vocal about it (not like it makes much difference)
while I agree that may play into it some, I cant help but feel its just Disney making excuses, not wanting to pay people to do it and being cheap cheap cheap. If they can decorate a dang lobby they can decorate a restaurant, and so on but they didn't. The pandemic was chapeks dream come true in a business sense, higher up and local management can use it as an excuse from here on out. I suspect it will continue to get worse until new blood is brought in that gets it, and that clearly isnt happening either. I bet next year we see even less, they will see all the benefits from time and money saved this year and cut even more next year.

Last edited:

peter11435

The Yacht Club decorations are nice, just too bad they don’t go past the lobby.
Yep. At the Yacht Club the garlands outside on the lamp posts towards the dock are missing, The decorations inside Ale & Compass
as well as the decor in the hallway around the restaurant, Yachtsman steakhouse and Crews Cup did not receive any of their decor, the tree and bows outside at Stormalong Bay are missing, and all decorations inside and around the convention center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom