Entertainment News

DCBaker

Premium Member
"As we arrived this evening to check in on the status of the shows, Guest Relations Cast Members informed us that both shows were suspended indefinitely. As we made our way to the Center Stage area in front of the Chinese Theater, we saw Cast Members setting up tape walkways. Of course, if the shows were cancelled, the tape walkways wouldn’t be necessary. When we talked with the Cast Members, they said that both shows would take place as normal."

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
It doesnt seem to make much sense to remove the DHS Shows. I cant think this takes much to do and will keep people in the parks longer. Perhaps just a typo? Marie

jrhwdw

"As we arrived this evening to check in on the status of the shows, Guest Relations Cast Members informed us that both shows were suspended indefinitely. As we made our way to the Center Stage area in front of the Chinese Theater, we saw Cast Members setting up tape walkways. Of course, if the shows were cancelled, the tape walkways wouldn’t be necessary. When we talked with the Cast Members, they said that both shows would take place as normal."

Guess it still isn't guaranteed to play tomorrow

;)
So.......Are the shows really in danger? Or is this a Calendar/CM Commination Issue???

mattpeto

It doesnt seem to make much sense to remove the DHS Shows. I cant think this takes much to do and will keep people in the parks longer. Perhaps just a typo? Marie

It doesn't but apparently they don't have a big draw either. Glad they are sticking around until the heavy hitters come in 2022.

F!
PtN (fingers crossed)

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
It doesn't but apparently they don't have a big draw either. Glad they are sticking around until the heavy hitters come in 2022.

F!
PtN (fingers crossed)
Agreed but right now they need all the entertainment they can get so I'd roll with it for a while if the other option is just to not run the show and have at least some people leaving the parks earlier than they might have. There are a number of acts that could be brought back (Citizens, Mulch) or other acts that can be introduced. There is a ton of great entertainment talent in the Orlando area just waiting for opportunities. This isnt that hard if they are willing to allocate resources to it. Marie

drizgirl

Make it make sense!

drizgirl

Agreed but right now they need all the entertainment they can get so I'd roll with it for a while if the other option is just to not run the show and have at least some people leaving the parks earlier than they might have. There are a number of acts that could be brought back (Citizens, Mulch) or other acts that can be introduced. There is a ton of great entertainment talent in the Orlando area just waiting for opportunities. This isnt that hard if they are willing to allocate resources to it. Marie
They might need all the entertainment they can get. But they aren't willing to pay for it.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Maybe they don't need them in the parks longer since there isn't enough merchandise to sell.
I dont disagree on the merch thing but whose fault is that?? Certainly not mine or yours or anyone else that I know. That is all on Disney. If you build it, they will come I believe is the line? Marie

DCBaker

Premium Member
Both shows are back to being listed in MDE -

IMG_6E496535B736-1.jpeg

IMG_FDF61718B2FF-1.jpeg

mattpeto

I've lost track of the number of times the online community has panicked because the Disney calendar was missing a show and they all assumed it was canceled. The calendar is a notoriously unreliable indicator of something going away or canceled.
I don't know if it was a panic to be honest but seeing them scrap shows that aren't huge crowd gatherers remained possible.

This was somewhat significant because it tied into not knowing the outcome for Jingle Bell Jingle BAM! until just a couple of days ago, when Disney officially ruled it out. Their site still says that JBJB is coming back in 2021. The other nighttime entertainment options were updated continuously except for DHS.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've lost track of the number of times the online community has panicked because the Disney calendar was missing a show and they all assumed it was canceled. The calendar is a notoriously unreliable indicator of something going away or canceled.
Especially around Studio's projection shows.

However, in this case it was very odd that it was still not listed don Dec 1. I wasn't going to put an article about it prior to that, as I knew the calendar can be hit or miss, but I can't think of a time in the past when it has been wrong on the day-of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom