The Proposals: Dream Wedding

NateD1226

Original Poster
Day 25

It is December! How the year has flown by. To celebrate the start of the new month, let;s add some Christmas magic to the theme parks around us.

Your task is to…
Propose a Christmas overlay to ANY ride in ANY theme park. BUT the ride name must have the word “Christmas” in it.

Some reminders:
-You can keep it simple! You don’t have to make a full blown 10 page document on the ride. You can do a couple sentences and/or a few pictures. Whatever you feel comfortable with

-Don’t be scared to share your ideas! Every idea is a good idea

-Have fun with it! Don’t be afraid to think outside the box.​

comics101

Day 25

It is December! How the year has flown by. To celebrate the start of the new month, let;s add some Christmas magic to the theme parks around us.

Your task is to…
Propose a Christmas overlay to ANY ride in ANY theme park. BUT the ride name must have the word “Christmas” in it.

Some reminders:
-You can keep it simple! You don’t have to make a full blown 10 page document on the ride. You can do a couple sentences and/or a few pictures. Whatever you feel comfortable with

Wow, so many routes this prompt could be taken. Several come to my mind (particularly at the Studios, for some reason):

Monsters Inc. Holiday Laugh Floor
Beauty and the Beast: An Enchanted Christmas - Live!
Mickey and Minnie's Christmas Railroad
Toy Story Mania: Christmas Carnival
The Rock 'n' Around the Christmas Tree Coaster

The other night though, while watching The Muppet Christmas Carol, it occurred to me that Disney has totally wasted the opportunity to bring this perennial classic to the parks. Why isn't The Studios' Muppet Courtyard transformed into 18th Century London every year so that guests can be surrounded by a collection of Muppets singing "There goes Mr. Skinflint, There goes Mr. Greed!" as Mr. Scrooge marches through the square?

Regardless, the overlay I'd propose is A MuppetVision Christmas Spectacular!, an original Christmas special exclusive to Disney's Hollywood Studios. If possible, I'd get Brian Henson on board to direct, with Paul Williams providing music and lyrics for all-new songs. Perhaps the show would take its cue from The Muppet Christmas Carol and adapt 2 or 3 classic Christmas stories into Muppet skits narrated by Gonzo ('Twas the Night Before Christmas? The Gift of the Maji? The Nutcracker?) or perhaps the show would focus on an entirely original plot. I'm not sure which way I'd go. I suppose that could be worked out with Brian Henson. Regardless, I think it'd be something special.

In addition to A MuppetVision Christmas Spectacular!, the courtyard in which the show resides would either be turned into 18th Century London (as described above) or would become a sort of mini-Osborne Spectacle of Lights celebration, in which the Muppets go all-out decking the halls with lights, garland, tinsel, etc.

PerGron

Day 25

Your task is to…

Some reminders:

The Enchanted Tiki Room: Mele Kalikimaka
(It’s how they say Merry Christmas so it counts)

91EBB78C-1354-465A-B2CD-CA968B0ED554.jpeg

Welcome to Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, where the birds sing words and the flowers croon, and now, from November 1st through December 31, the bells jingle and the lights blink because our fine feathered friends are doing a new kind of celebrating: Celebrating the holiday season.

Join Josè, Michael, Fritz, and Pierre as well as the rest of the Tiki Room Birds as the room itself is decked to the brim with kitschy tiki pop Christmas decorations. From a massive Christmas tree in the center of the room to wreaths instead of leis to jingle bells and lights wrapping the tiki poles.

As for the show itself, you enter the Tiki Room and awaken Josè in the same way as normal. However, instead of jumping right into the Tiki Room song, Fritz makes a joke about being stuck on his perch like a partridge in a pear tree. This kicks off the first song of the show, “The Twelve Days of Christmas” with a few new animatronics added to the show, including French hens, geese, turtledoves, swans, calling birds, and, of course, a partridge in a pear tree.

The next song features The Bird Mobile coming down as the group sings “Sleigh Ride”. The boys joke that there is no snow which apparently upsets Michael who jumps into a soul-wrenching rendition of “White Christmas” backed by the ladies of the Bird Mobile.

In order to cheer up Michael, Pierre says that even without snow, the holidays are the best time of year, in fact, the most wonderful time of the year as the Tiki Room jumps into “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”. With that over, the Flowers come down and Josè introduces them as they perform “Auld Lang Syne”.

The Tikis then want to join in as the Tiki Gods strike lightning. The drums mixed with the bells and other instruments in the room allow the Tiki Gods to perform “Carol of the Bells”.

Finally, all the noise settles down and the birds call for “applause, applause” as the guests cheer. They thank the guests and say they have one more very special songs to remember their experience in the south seas by. Here, we get the title of the show as the whole room erupts into a massive show of “Mele Kalikimaka”.

As the show ends, guests are asked to exit as the whole room sings “We Wish You a Merry Christmas

comics101

Day 13

Ghostbusters: Afterlife hit theaters today! With all these reboots happening, we should just add a few more.

Your task is to…
Propose a reboot to ANY franchise from ANY studio. BUT the franchise being rebooted must have started PRIOR to 2000.

Totally intended to complete this prompt the day it was posted but got busy at work.

As soon as I read the task, my mind went to a Superman reboot with Mel Gibson in the leading role.

Is he an odd choice to play Superman? I'm not sure. In the late-80's/early-90's, Gibson was a Hollywood titan. At 5'10", he might be a bit short for the role, but that can be accommodated on set through various camera tricks. Also, at one point the dude rocked a mullet, which is perfect for the Superman of that era:

1638378661912.png
1638378701183.png

As for the rest of the cast?

Lois Lane - Sandra Bullock
Assuming this Superman reboot premieres in 1995, Bullock would have just received her big break in the Keanu Reaves action film Speed, meaning her star was rising. Bullock would have been perfect as a snarky yet likable reporter attempting to prove herself in a man's world.

Lex Luthor - Michael Douglas
Douglas's performance as Gordon Geckko in 1987's Wall Street is what wins him the role of Lex Luthor in 1995's Superman. Portrayed as Metropolis' former favorite son (a title now given to Superman), Luthor will do whatever it takes to reclaim the title as the most-beloved man in the fictional city.

Perry White - James Earl Jones
Kind, wise, and well-respected, White is Editor-in-Chief of The Daily Planet, the newspaper at which Clark Kent and Lois Lane work.

Bizarro - Sylvester Stallone
Like Gibson, in 1995 Stallone was a known action star, however unlike Gibson, in the 1990's few of his roles received critical acclaim. Stallone's features and build are what win him the role of Bizarro, a deformed clone created by LexCorp scientists using Kryptonian DNA from a meteorite in deep space. This version of the character would share some similarities with the then-somewhat-new monster Doomsday, in that LexCorp's scientists would create Bizarro, kill him, and then repeat the process over and over again in an effort to perfect the cloned killing-machine. Unfortunately, the agony of these repeated deaths are recorded into the creature's DNA, driving it insane and causing it to know of nothing except death and despair. Additionally, from the moment his form is finalized, Bizarro is taught that Superman is responsible for his many, many deaths, filling the monster with a hatred of the hero that no man could understand. The movie's climax would feature a "Death of Superman" like battle in which Bizarro nearly triumphs over the Man of Steel and destroys half of the city. Luthor, of course, plans for half of Metropolis to be destroyed so that he can swoop in and play "savior," by funding it's reconstruction, and idea explored further in a potential sequel.

Bruce Wayne - Michael Keaton
By 1995, Keaton, who had portrayed Batman in Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns had walked away from the role as Caped Crusader. In an ideal world, however, Keaton would cameo in this Superman reboot as billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne, the man that happens to own The Daily Planet. Mel Gibson's Clark Kent would attempt to schedule an interview with Wayne, however Wayne chooses to give the exclusive to Sandra Bullock's Lois Lane over dinner because, as Wayne puts it, "She's easier on the eyes, and she wrote that great piece on that thing about the thing" (when selecting Lane it's obvious he's never read any of he work and only cares about her looks). The appearance of Wayne, of course, means that a Batman/Superman crossover could occur down the line should the 1995 Superman garner success.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
The Great Holiday Movie Ride (Christmas Overlay of the Great Movie Ride)
1638381706327.png

The Great Movie Ride will getting a Holiday overlay themed to Christmas films,
Opened in 1997 at Disney-MGM Studios for November-early January overlay as a second building for the ride.
the guests will going through holiday themed movies such as A Christmas Story, Mickey's Christmas Carol, A Muppet Christmas Carol, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Carol, Gremlins, Babes in Toyland, Ernest Saves Christmas, Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Nutcracker (1967), and The Santa Clause (1994). Santa Claus will be host
for take a tour all holiday movies. The Great Holiday Movie Ride will be still open when Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (replaces original the Great Movie Ride building) opens in 2020. The Great Holiday Movie Ride will still has as a second building for overlay for every November-early January.

Suchomimus

Okay, while you have given me way more power than I should have, I'm going to go easy on you all and propose a normal prompt.

Your task is to...
Propose a new Nintendo attraction for Universal. BUT it must not be themed to any of Nintendo's Big Three series (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon).

And for clarity's sake, I personally consider the Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario series to be part of the greater Mario series (though you're free to disagree).

Some reminders:

-Have fun with it! Don’t be afraid to think outside the box​
Dodo Airlines
19f67394009609.5e738dc1aed05.jpg

A new neighborhood is coming to USJ's Wonderland, and its with the villagers of Animal Crossing. One of the upcoming new experiences is with Dodo Airlines from the most recent Animal Crossing title. To differentiate itself from The Flying Snoopy, Dodo Airlines would use sea helicopters instead of the traditional airplanes (though still presented in D.A.L. liveries) and would use the Samba Tower system. AAs of Wilbur and Orville can be found at the control tower overseeing riders as they fly around.

Last edited:

tcool123

Day 25

Your task is to…

Some reminders:

Did a lot of these this last year in my own thread titled 12 Days of Christmas was a lot of fun:

Feel free to check it out! I know I already see a few ideas here that are similar yet vastly different and enjoyable!

Evilgidgit

Day 25

Your task is to…

Some reminders:

THE MUPPETS PRESENT... CHEERFUL CHRISTMAS MOMENTS!
Muppet_Christmas_Carol.jpg
In Liberty Square, the Muppets return to celebrate great moments within America's most cherished holidays. Sam Eagle tries to narrate a historical soiree on the American history of Christmas, though Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo have their own holiday plans in mind, including carol singing and a few classics from The Muppet Christmas Carol.

DashHaber

Race Through Christmas in New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

the-rockefeller-christmas-treb29a7c.jpg

Christmastime in New York City is such a lovely sight to see, and who better than Jimmy Fallon to bring it to you! In this seasonal overlay to Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon, guests will find the signs of the holiday season all around. Festive decorations line the queue space in 30 Rockefeller, as the Ragtime Gals perform their covers of Christmas classics and televisions run clips of holiday-themed moments from throughout the history of The Tonight Show. It all leads up to Jimmy Fallon's madcap race across New York City, which takes us past such iconic NYC Christmas sights such as the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree, the Radio City Christmas spectacular, and Wollman Rink in Central Park. Though a trophy may be awarded to the winner of this race, even Jimmy can learn that the greatest prize is the love shared at this most joyous time of year!

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

Day 25

Your task is to…

Some reminders:

Borrowing an idea from DSNY Newscast, Soarin’ Over Christmas! See the greatest Christmas celebrations from around the world ending with where the first Christmas took place—the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem!

Brer Panther

I did something like this for a previous One Sentence Competition, I believe. Let's see if I could flesh it out more...

A Christmas overlay of the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover! Sometimes, the best thing to do for a Christmas overlay of an attraction is keep it simple - if for no other reason than because it'll cost less to install. This overlay wouldn't need too much to be a solid overlay, just some futuristic Christmas decorations around the track and swapping out the dioramas for ones that show how people of the future celebrate the holidays. For example, one diorama takes us into a "New Tomorrowland" style version of Santa's workshop, where the elves are joined by robots and aliens hard at work on making toys for children - one alien, boasting multiple arms, is able to build nine different toys all at once. Another diorama shows astronauts decorating a gigantic Christmas tree in outer space. In addition, the narration is swapped out for one that talks about Christmas in Tomorrowland.

NateD1226

Original Poster
Day 26

Wow! We have been going at this for almost a whole month! I want to thank you all for participating in this. It truly means a lot. While we have a couple of more weeks till it ends, I do want to give y'all some time to revisit some old work. Plus, you get a good challenge today!

Your task is to...
Propose an amendment to ONE of your past submissions in this game. BUT you may use submissions from Season 1!

Here is the link to the first season

Some reminders:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Day 26

Wow! We have been going at this for almost a whole month! I want to thank you all for participating in this. It truly means a lot. While we have a couple of more weeks till it ends, I do want to give y'all some time to revisit some old work. Plus, you get a good challenge today!

Your task is to...
Propose an amendment to ONE of your past submissions in this game. BUT you may use submissions from Season 1!

Some reminders:

The Cat of the Whiskervilles

1180w-600h_063016_great-mouse-detective-anniversary-780x440.jpg

With Professor Ratigan having been defeated, Basil of Baker Street finds himself plagued with boredom. Case after case has been too easy for his brilliant mind, and it's driving him mad. Dr. David Q. Dawson suggests a trip out to the country, believing a vacation could help Basil's head. However, a peaceful vacation turns out to be anything but, when the village they visit is home to a frightening mystery: the Cat of the Whiskervilles. Members of the wealthy Whiskerville family find themselves hunted by a glowing ghostly cat, believed to be an ancestral curse. Though Basil refuses to believe the curse is real, he finds himself faced with all sorts of puzzling obstacles. Is the curse real? Is there someone using the curse as a means to seize the Whiskerville fortune? And what role does Mademoiselle Relda, an opera singer with ties to one of Basil's earlier cases, have to play in this mystery?

DashHaber

Day 26

Your task is to...

Some reminders:

Just checking, do you mean we take one of our own past submissions to the game and make some change or addition to it?

DashHaber

Excellent! Just checking. Anyway, I'll provide a link to the original post I had done, and now here's my revised take on it.

Ghostbusters 3D Spooktacular

ghostbusters_afterlife.jpg

After the events of Ghostbusters: Afterlife, Peter Venkman and Winston Zeddemore realized there may still be a need for the Ghostbusters in the world. Of course, they're a bit too old for it, but there's always room to train a new generation. So, with a little investment capital and some help from the Spengler family (Phoebe and Trevor, in particular), they've revitalized the old firehouse and are reopening its doors for fresh-faced recruits in the New York area of Universal Studios Florida! Head on inside through a queue that serves as a small museum to the Ghostbusters, before grabbing your protective goggles (3D glasses) and heading into a converted theater hall to learn all about catching ghosts. Phoebe and Trevor are on hand to help with the presentation, when an artifact linked to Ivo Shandor and his cult of Gozer reacts to a supernatural experimental. This results in a horde of ghosts being unleashed upon the theater, and it's up to Ghostbusters old and new to help save the day!

Last edited:

Brer Panther

I previously pitched a Princess and the Frog dark ride that DOESN'T replace Splash Mountain, but didn't go into much detail regarding it.

Here's my main idea: you get in the ride vehicle (not sure what it would be) and head into the bayou, where you're greeted by Ray, who welcomes us by leading the various animals singing "Goin' Down the Bayou". Then you run into Tiana and Naveen, who mention that they're going to Mardi Gras and invite us to come along. Then you run into Louis, and he tells us that he knows the way to New Orleans. So we follow him through the bayou, encountering more animals, frog hunters, the gators from the movie who tried to eat Tiana and Naveen, etc. before finally arriving in New Orleans. But, suddenly, Dr. Facilier appears in a puff of smoke and tells us that he has some friends who would just LOVE to meet us... that big tiki head thing from the movie appears in front of us and we're sucked into its mouth. Louis tries to save us, but gets sucked in as well. We wind up in the realm of Dr. Facilier's "friends", where we and Louis are menaced by the shadows and tiki heads and whatever. But before Facilier can take our souls, Mama Odie shows up and does battle with him. Louis encourages us to escape while Facilier is distracted, and we re-emerge back in New Orleans, where spoonbills lead us to a big Mardi Gras celebration with Tiana, Naveen, and Louis partying. We're back in the load area, exits to your left, blah-blah-blah.

NateD1226

Original Poster
Day 27

The new Diary of a Wimpy Kid animated movie (more like special) is now on Disney+! I am excited to see this franchise come back to life in a new form.

Your task is to...
Propose a live-action/animated adaption of ANY book series. BUT the book series must have over 3 books published already

Some reminders:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom