Sony & MARVEL are friends again; Spider-Man is back in the MCU

NateD1226

Brand new stills and tidbits from a preview of the upcoming Empire Magazine issue that focuses on the film.

1634994850990.png
1634994871508.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So if the speculation from Nerdist on the latest trailer of Morbius is correct the renewed partnership between Marvel and Sony is closer than we even thought.

Here is the video that goes over it.

But long story short if this speculation is correct it very well could be that all Sony Marvel films moving forward will be in the MCU. Which if true is huge because it means that Marvel then could get access to all the Sony Spider-Man Universe characters for use in other parts of the MCU, and vice-versa.

khlaylav

Honestly find it hysterically funny that Green Goblin is chillin in the background like "hey, don't mind me, just vibing on my glider, hope ya don't notice me!"

Jedijax719

With all the negative Eternals talk, this would be a great time to get the final trailer for No Way Home out there. At least in the next week. Get it just before Thanksgiving so that during the holiday, TV spots can start running and the hype will start rolling.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
With all the negative Eternals talk, this would be a great time to get the final trailer for No Way Home out there. At least in the next week. Get it just before Thanksgiving so that during the holiday, TV spots can start running and the hype will start rolling.
Eternals has high audience ratings and the second highest global weekend Box Office this year.

So... not all negative.

Disney/Marvel’s Eternals has come in ahead of projections with an opening weekend of $90.7M at the international box office, and $161.7M global when paired with domestic. This gives the Chloé Zhao-directed film bragging rights to the second-biggest worldwide opening for a Hollywood title in 2021. The global debut sets Eternals 26% ahead of Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings and 8% ahead of Black Widow in like-for-like markets. Overseas, that translates to 76% above Shang-Chi and 26% above Black Widow.​
As we’ve noted throughout the weekend, Eternals opened No. 1 in all key markets. It has also now scored the biggest launch frame during the pandemic in Italy, Brazil and Hong Kong. Quite significant is that it had the best opening weekend for a non-local film during the pandemic in Korea.​

Last edited:

LSLS

Eternals has high audience ratings and the highest global weekend Box Office this year.

So... not all negative.

Disney/Marvel’s Eternals has come in ahead of projections with an opening weekend of $90.7M at the international box office, and $161.7M global when paired with domestic. This gives the Chloé Zhao-directed film bragging rights to the second-biggest worldwide opening for a Hollywood title in 2021. The global debut sets Eternals 26% ahead of Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings and 8% ahead of Black Widow in like-for-like markets. Overseas, that translates to 76% above Shang-Chi and 26% above Black Widow.​
As we’ve noted throughout the weekend, Eternals opened No. 1 in all key markets. It has also now scored the biggest launch frame during the pandemic in Italy, Brazil and Hong Kong. Quite significant is that it had the best opening weekend for a non-local film during the pandemic in Korea.​

Stop with your positive. I was told this is the end of Feige's career.

Jedijax719

Well according to the experts on here we should expect the following results from The Eternals:

1) Kevin Feige's career is over.
2) Chloe Zhao is done as a director.
3) The movie is going to bomb.
Experts schexperts. MCU is still #1 and will be until another franchise someday comes along. People are not destroying Zhao over this movie. She is still respected and will still be respected. This isn't a Rian Johnson situation where people's preconceived expectations were trampled upon based on exiting cinematic characters. Nothing was completely ruined. Instead, people deemed it as "just not exciting enough". A good sequel, even done by Zhao, can erase that sentiment.

Back to Spidey.....it will be fun to actually have a huge blockbuster to track during the holidays again!

lazyboy97o

Wish they would have just shown Tobey and Andrew. That trailer confirmed a lot of leaks. The leaked photos and video would be not only incredible work but also an incredible guess if they are fake.

Predictions:
  • The scene of Tom jumping towards the villains is actually all three.
  • Andrew saves MJ

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

Well that was...dark.

It could be amazing if they can pull all of these elements together (as Into the Spider-Verse did so well). But it could also be a Kitchen Sink Sundae ("a whole can of whipped cream?!" yup!)

DCBaker

Premium Member
"This is not the last movie that we are going to make with Marvel – [this is not] the last Spider-Man movie," Pascal revealed. "We are getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel. We're thinking of this as three films, and now we're going to go onto the next three. This is not the last of our MCU movies."

Jedijax719

"This is not the last movie that we are going to make with Marvel – [this is not] the last Spider-Man movie," Pascal revealed. "We are getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel. We're thinking of this as three films, and now we're going to go onto the next three. This is not the last of our MCU movies."

Was speaking to someone today who suggested that there could be a HUGE post-credit scene (they were just throwing it out there-no spoilers or inside information). I was then thinking that maybe
we get the 6th villain in the post-credit scene and that could spawn this trilogy of movies that follow. Think of it like the Thanos scene at the end of Avengers and all it spawned.

I mean-you KNOW there will be at least 2 credit scenes.

Phicinfan

Was speaking to someone today who suggested that there could be a HUGE post-credit scene (they were just throwing it out there-no spoilers or inside information). I was then thinking that maybe
we get the 6th villain in the post-credit scene and that could spawn this trilogy of movies that follow. Think of it like the Thanos scene at the end of Avengers and all it spawned.

I mean-you KNOW there will be at least 2 credit scenes.
I will have to look, but I have seen some stories that this is NOT the sinister 6. That will be done by Sony, and not MCU per the report which is why there are 5 villains specifically for this movie. Which explains why no Morbius or Vulture or Rhino or Scorpion or Kraven.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom