News Fantasmic!, Festival of Fantasy Parade and Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to return to Walt Disney World

Cesar R M

have you seen the petition to have chapek ousted? they aren't gonna start listening to people now, not until they hit Disney where it hurts most... the wallet.
Cheapek will claim that since "times are bad" they will cut entertainment even more. So yeah.. they would only cut down more if people "hurt the wallet". Regardless, the clients lose XD

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
If the Dragon is actually cut (which I’m not going to lie feels like a honey pot, but I’ve found @SpectroBro to be a 10/10 source on entertainment so I’d take their word over mine), this is one of the rare instances where I’d advocate for widespread social media complaining. The dragon is the centerpiece/climax of the parade, used in almost every advertising photo known to man. I could see this being another fan victory ala Ohana Noodles if people are loud enough.

If anything I’d appreciate a stink being made now so that could be rectified before FoF comes online.
Agreed. The return of the parade is going to be totally overshadowed by what is missing. What a shame.

dreday3

Wow. Removing it from the "free" daytime parade so they can charge us to see it during an after party is just so low. Leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth.

The FTC is currently investigating Walmart, Amazon, etc. to see if their price increases due to pandemic issues/supply chain disruptions are warranted, also looking at grocery stores.

Who can we get to look at Disney? :D

Vinnie Mac

have you seen the petition to have chapek ousted? they aren't gonna start listening to people now, not until they hit Disney where it hurts most... the wallet.
There's been times where the fans get their way. It doesn't happen often, but it happens.

I don't trust people to complain with their wallets when the same people who complain about Disney on social media are the same exact ones who go almost every single day with their little annual passes.

JoeCamel

Wow. Removing it from the "free" daytime parade so they can charge us to see it during an after party is just so low. Leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth.

The FTC is currently investigating Walmart, Amazon, etc. to see if their price increases due to pandemic issues/supply chain disruptions are warranted, also looking at grocery stores.

Who can we get to look at Disney? :D
Long as I get to pull the lever to shoot flames

jrhwdw

Not a good week for TDO!!!!!! Nighttime Entertainment cut(maybe) from DHS Today. Now the FOF Dragon Rumor.....DL gets a full ACF, hopefully the same with MSEP 2022. And MK has to cut a float from FOF??? I was expecting smaller cast like MOUACT but not this.

PTN should have been confirmed instead of this!!!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Not a good week for TDO!!!!!! Nighttime Entertainment cut(maybe) from DHS Today. Now the FOF Dragon Rumor.....DL gets a full ACF, hopefully the same with MSEP 2022. And MK has to cut a float from FOF??? I was expecting smaller cast like MOUACT but not this.

PTN should have been confirmed instead of this!!!
Based on what's been reported around this site, it's not "a" float, but multiple floats.

JoeCamel

Based on what's been reported around this site, it's not "a" float, but multiple floats.
The new plan is to run a couple of high school bands down the route and call it a parade. The kids pay to be there, no equity costs, no maintenance costs and it fills hotel rooms. A total win to the counters

pdude81

This is only acceptable if it is accompanied by a regular nighttime parade or cavalcade where the dragon is included. And not just for paid nights. If they took her out of the daytime parade to have her come out at night in MK instead then I would see that as a fair trade.

ToTBellHop

This is only acceptable if it is accompanied by a regular nighttime parade or cavalcade where the dragon is included. And not just for paid nights. If they took her out of the daytime parade to have her come out at night in MK instead then I would see that as a fair trade.
That is the ONLY way I’d accept this—switch it to a nighttime dragon cavalcade for all guests. She does look awesome at night. It’s not like they need it for Boo Bash. SURELY they will show BtY at Boo Bash 2022.

Casper Gutman

The dragons removal is bad, of course, but in the grand scale of recent Disney changes it’s a drop in the bucket. It’s sadly funny that this or the Ohana noodles are what can spur fans to concerted action and not the trams, G+, intentional understaffing, wild price increases, cynical exploitation of the pandemic, and all the other changes that are more profound and reflective of deep problems in corporate philosophy. Really, I think cutting the performers is more troubling then cutting the dragon ( though they are, of course, related).

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
It should be obvious based on the press release from Destination D23, but worth noting that there will also be one other former FoF float not present (look at what characters are in that new cavalcade)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom