News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure opening reports and using Virtual Queue at EPCOT

Marc Davis Fan

Well, I just took the EPCOT Skyliner for the first time...

HOLY COW is that exposed Ratatouille show building some serious bad show.

Are they aware that "go-away green" only works if the object/building in question is in the background?

Would it be possible for them to do something like (a) painting it to look like buildings, which while not realistic, might at least make it less ugly, or (b) maybe painting it like one of those "side of the building" painted billboards, with the text in French, pretending to advertise something in France?

Twirlnhurl

Marc Davis Fan

I don't think the bad show is any worse than what you used to see on the old Skyway at MK. Or even the back side of the Main Street building as seen from town square. I always liked getting these sorts of views, as long as they don't occur "in the moment". But I know that others feel differently about it.

This is interesting; thanks for your comment.

I didn't find the MK Skyway views to be nearly this bad, since they didn't really seem like "backstage" (at most it seemed to me that the buildings' rooftops were just more plain than you'd imagine them from the ground). It would've been very different if you actually went behind the buildings and saw up-close where the sides of the facades ended / the warehouse walls began.

The ground-level MK show building views were/are mostly in the background, so that the average guest's eye just passes over them. To me, that stands in sharp contrast with this building that has nothing in the foreground.

DisneyDodo

What happened to the days when the 1pm VQ would stay open for many hours? Is Epcot just consistently more crowded these days or did they change something?

gerarar

Premium Member
What happened to the days when the 1pm VQ would stay open for many hours? Is Epcot just consistently more crowded these days or did they change something?
I think it’s variety of factors. AP blackouts coming soon, many park events thus leading to increase of visitors, holiday travels throughout November and December, etc.

Mid-week we sometimes see it open for minutes to less than an hour; expecting that to lessen soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom