Splash Mountain vs Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls

Better ride?

• Total voters

jonnyc

I think Ripsaw Falls is really underrated - it's a fun ride, good ride length, good amount of thrills and theming, but Splash is one of WDW's most immersive rides with a classic soundtrack - hopefully the retheme can live up to the original!

Tom Morrow

Unquestionably Splash Mountain. All of the theming on Dudley is extremely cheap looking other than the fact that the structure as a whole makes for a cool photo op. Throughout the ride, infrastructure is visible everywhere and the show scenes amount to little more than a static figure or two surrounded by nothing or maybe a few signs. You also get as wet as jumping in a pool so I never want to ride it. Oh, and also the logs are cramped and uncomfortable.

GuyFawkes

Unquestionably Splash Mountain. All of the theming on Dudley is extremely cheap looking other than the fact that the structure as a whole makes for a cool photo op. Throughout the ride, infrastructure is visible everywhere and the show scenes amount to little more than a static figure or two surrounded by nothing or maybe a few signs. You also get as wet as jumping in a pool so I never want to ride it. Oh, and also the logs are cramped and uncomfortable.
Yes the logs are bad if you are a big person. They are tight on me at 6 ft. 190 pounds. Many on this forum are 300 pounds so rip saw is not for you.

Splash for sure has a better theming and is much more involved. Ride wise I like Rip Saw better and I don't get that wet on that ride. It is a wetter ride then Splash but it's not a big problem to me. I hate to get all wet on something then end up in line on some Air Conditioned ride. Forget Bluto's./

OG Runner

I liked the last drop from a thrill standpoint for Dudley. Getting into the ride vehicles is a bit hard and not totally comfortable.
Splash Mountain is better themed and a more enjoyable all around better ride. Dudley feels like it is about to fall down. There
were a lot of areas leaking onto the queue when we walked in. At the same time, my girlfriend enjoyed it so much we went right
back on. The lines at Splash have never been low enough to allow that.

Tom Morrow

I liked the last drop from a thrill standpoint for Dudley. Getting into the ride vehicles is a bit hard and not totally comfortable.
Splash Mountain is better themed and a more enjoyable all around better ride. Dudley feels like it is about to fall down. There
were a lot of areas leaking onto the queue when we walked in. At the same time, my girlfriend enjoyed it so much we went right
back on. The lines at Splash have never been low enough to allow that.

For what it's worth, Splash Mountain is usually a walk-on at night on non-peak days.

ToTBellHop

No contest here. Splash is better in every way.

Even in the summer, I get so wet on Ripsaw Falls that I’m uncomfortable. In winter? Forget it. I don’t want to be that aware of wet body parts in wet underwear…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom