The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

My parents don't have that, but have this instead:
s-l1600.jpg

StarWarsGirl

*clears throat*

"Hollywood, 1939. Amid the glitz and glamor of a bustling young movie town at the height of its golden age, the Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right, a beacon for the show business elite. Now, something is about to happen that will change all that..."

Sorry. What were we talking about?

93boomer

Premium Member
My daughter called me last night to tell me that she had just watched Part 1 of the Beatles "Get Back" documentary on Disney+. Being a major fan for the last 50+ years, I was then motivated to watch it myself for two reasons.

First because I loved the Beatles and still do. I have a massive number of hours of Beatle music on that little SD chip plugged into my car stereo including many of the songs as that show was being filmed. It was intended to be a live concert, a TV documentary and an album. It became the concert on the roof of Apple Records and the "Let it be" album but they broke up shortly after and the documentary never aired until now, 50 years later.

Second, and more important to me was that even though my daughter and I have always been close, I guess the topic never came up so I didn't realize that she was a closet Beatles fan as well. (She kind of strayed when she married a Country Western advocate), anyway she called me and I honestly have never heard her talk more excitedly for a non-political topic. She raved about how fantastic it was to watch the creative process that was how Paul, John, George and Ringo created all that timeless and spectacular music. As frosting on the cake, it was her son that asked her to watch it with him, so I have a third generation connection. I remember him as a kid in elementary school when I would sometimes pick him up to take him home and how I had to play "Here Comes The Sun" from the Abbey Road album, over and over until we got there.

I am anticipating watching the next two sections of this documentary. It is kind of sad because you can see that even though they are working together for the first time in over a year it was obvious that they were coming to an end as a group. To me it seemed that they were at the point were they felt they had achieved everything and much, much more than they ever thought was possible and just didn't know what else they could accomplish. I am happy to have lived in the era that all this happened even though it spoiled me for groups or individuals following them. I just don't enjoy it as much. Sorry for the ramble, I'm just excited to have something of interest between someone that is 20 compared to my 73, but am also excited that my daughter is now on board again as well.
I almost deleted this because it seemed so minor with all the stuff happening in the world today, but then decided that no one has to read it, so all I did was just take up a little cyberspace.
We watched the first part too. It is really good to see how the creative process came to be. Paul is such a gifted artist.

donaldtoo

My daughter called me last night to tell me that she had just watched Part 1 of the Beatles "Get Back" documentary on Disney+. Being a major fan for the last 50+ years, I was then motivated to watch it myself for two reasons.

First because I loved the Beatles and still do. I have a massive number of hours of Beatle music on that little SD chip plugged into my car stereo including many of the songs as that show was being filmed. It was intended to be a live concert, a TV documentary and an album. It became the concert on the roof of Apple Records and the "Let it be" album but they broke up shortly after and the documentary never aired until now, 50 years later.

Second, and more important to me was that even though my daughter and I have always been close, I guess the topic never came up so I didn't realize that she was a closet Beatles fan as well. (She kind of strayed when she married a Country Western advocate), anyway she called me and I honestly have never heard her talk more excitedly for a non-political topic. She raved about how fantastic it was to watch the creative process that was how Paul, John, George and Ringo created all that timeless and spectacular music. As frosting on the cake, it was her son that asked her to watch it with him, so I have a third generation connection. I remember him as a kid in elementary school when I would sometimes pick him up to take him home and how I had to play "Here Comes The Sun" from the Abbey Road album, over and over until we got there.

I am anticipating watching the next two sections of this documentary. It is kind of sad because you can see that even though they are working together for the first time in over a year it was obvious that they were coming to an end as a group. To me it seemed that they were at the point were they felt they had achieved everything and much, much more than they ever thought was possible and just didn't know what else they could accomplish. I am happy to have lived in the era that all this happened even though it spoiled me for groups or individuals following them. I just don't enjoy it as much. Sorry for the ramble, I'm just excited to have something of interest between someone that is 20 compared to my 73, but am also excited that my daughter is now on board again as well.
I almost deleted this because it seemed so minor with all the stuff happening in the world today, but then decided that no one has to read it, so all I did was just take up a little cyberspace.

Glad you didn’t delete, as I appreciate the story and insight, as well as much of The Beatles music.
Granted, I was born in 1962, but there is still a lot of popular/rock music I can appreciate from the ‘40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, and even into about the late 80’s. After that, I lost most interest.
I’ve mentioned before that I play guitar from time to time.
There was this, now long since closed, mom and pop music shop down the road that I bought 3 guitars from in the early-to late 90’s. After I got pretty confident with a 6-string, I started learning more about 12-string guitars.
A bit more complicated to tune…
The 2 lower pairs of strings (high E and B) are the same gauge, and tuned to the same note, same octave.
The 4 upper pairs of strings (low G, D, A, E) are a different gauge, and tuned to the same note, but, one octave apart.
Makes for a much fuller, richer sound.
Not so different to play if your strumming, but, takes a bit of getting used to if you’re picking with a pic or fingerpicking.
Anyhoo…
I stopped by that shop one day to look at 12-strings.
The owner came over to chat, and after a bit, he asked if I minded if he played the guitar I had been playing.
I handed it to him, and he proceeded to play the most incredible acoustic version of “Here Comes the Sun”…!!! :)
I couldn’t help but think that the only thing that could have possibly made The Beatles original recording of the song even better than it already was, was if George Harrison had played a 12-string instead of the 6-string Gibson J-200 he used…!!!!! :inlove::hilarious:
Gave me goose bumps.
The Assistant Choir Director at our church has always played a 12-string at mass, and it always just sounds so good…!!! :)

donaldtoo

Back in the 70’s, myself and my two younger bros had a conversation about how old we’d be in the year 2000, and the fact that we’d all be in our 30’s…. :eek:o_O …if we made it that long…!!!!! :hilarious:
Flash forward to Jan. 1 of 2000, all at Mom and Pops place to celebrate Pops 67th birthday…
We all remembered the convo, and laughed, and laughed…!!!! :hilarious:
And now, somehow, we’re all still around 21+ years later…!!!!! 🤷‍♂️:hilarious:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom