News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It seems to me that the problem is that we cannot prove who is or is not vaccinated, and the non-vaccinated are lying about their status.
Oh I absolutely think that was the reason the CDC went back and changed their mask recommendations for vaccinated individuals. But that’s a decision not based on mask effectiveness. It’s not my fault the government sucks at convincing people to vaccinate because of their years of nonsense.

also, Universal has made it work even so.

G00fyDad

In a line consisting of 50 covid liars…I guarantee who you’re talking about comprise 48 of them
Which is why I have zero problem showing people my vaccination card or the online Health Department certificate showing that I've been vaccinated. It's too bad too many people think that that's a violation of their rights. I'm sure that if we had the show that vaccination to go into stores or even to enter Disney World then masks would not be required as often.

Chip Chipperson

There are situations as I explained in other posts where the timing prevents folks from renting. Have you ever tried to rent with about 35 days left before the points expire? That's one of the dangers of booking a reservation in the month before your next use year.

I get the situation you described is tough because you lose the points if nobody rents them. But now that shouldn't be an issue for owners since we all know there's an indoor mask rule at WDW and it could return at any time even if it goes away.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
That’s also the case because people don’t realize just how little of the rack rooms are in service. It’s not “busy”…they aren’t staffing the hotels for occupancy.

that’s why this “sold out for thanksgiving” is a complete hoax
The million dollar question... Is Disney doing this deliberately or can they still not get the bodies?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
The million dollar question... Is Disney doing this deliberately or can they still not get the bodies?
They literally can't get the bodies. If they didn't auto-reject my recent "for fun" job application even with my no-rehire status, you know that they're desperate.

Diamond Dot

If masks were so useless, as some claim, then how come numbers of cases haven't been much higher, especially before the vaccine was available. And why do you think surgeons and medical staff have always used masks?
I make my own masks, I use recommended fabric for the outside layers and a non woven material sandwiched in between. I intend to wear a mask until it is 100% safe not to, I also plan to wear masks during flu season from now on, while the flu vaccine is useful, there is evidence it may not be effective from one year to the next due to mutation. I've only had the flu once in my life and I know exactly how I caught it, 10 years ago I was working in Boots the chemist on the tills and a woman actually sneezed right in my face, spraying me with the flu she had, she was ironically, buying cold and flu medicine. Despite being allowed to go clean her grot off me straight away, two days later I had flu for the only time in my life. That is how viruses spead and that is why I'm a card and hand sanitiser carrying mask wearer

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It’s truly unhinged. I’m for real over the nonsense and the rhetoric. The politicization of masks, vaccines, covid.

We aren’t at the stage where we are sharing innocent opinions. One side is just simply wrong, flat out wrong, and sharing misinformation, lies, and not leading with kindness and compassion for their neighbour.
What side are you referring to? The side who would support states mandating vaccinations while stating masks on vaccinated individuals are pretty much useless? Or the side who asks for others to quantify the benefits of a mask on vaccinated individuals in real life situations? The side who wants to follow the science by taking away the mask mandate for vaccinated people on airplanes? The side who supports boosters?

Is there a specific side for someone who aligns with all of the above? Or, is it not just a “one size fits all” sorta stance?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What side are you referring to? The side who would support states mandating vaccinations while stating masks on vaccinated individuals are pretty much useless? Or the side who asks for others to quantify the benefits of a mask on vaccinated individuals in real life situations? The side who wants to follow the science by taking away the mask mandate for vaccinated people on airplanes? The side who supports boosters?

Is there a specific side for someone who aligns with all of the above? Or, is it not just a “one size fits all” sorta stance?
I realize your making a different stance here…but the problem is 2 years of this has frayed nerves and there is an understandable level of “friendly fire” now.

EricsBiscuit

Again, I really hope you are removed from the parks. I don't say such things lightly, but when you gloat about knowingly ruining other guests' enjoyment, you deserve nothing less than being banned from WDW.
I haven’t ruined anyone’s enjoyment at a theme park ever. No one seems to care except a few Karen’s on this forum.
Yep. But it varies greatly by the kind of mask worn.

I double mask daily when indoors, a KN95 + cloth over it, and have been doing so since I realized that far too many of my fellow Floridians don't care about anyone but themselves.

The positive side effect is that I haven't even gotten a cold since 2019.
You should also wear a helmet, knee pads and safety goggles. Just in case it rains, always carry an umbrella (seriously).

Lensman

Umm maybe an n95 mask, but these other ones don't really stop much transmission, except some larger droplets. If you can smell, your receiving and transmitting. Your also wearing a mask full of many different germs(possibly covid), thus constantly breathing it all in. But I'm neither for or against the mask, so if Disney want us to wear them, I do it.
Just wanted to correct the implication that smells don't pass through an N95 mask. Many do. It depends on the size of the particles. They do a test with a mist with a smell, so odors that are bound to large particles won't pass through. However, chemical odors where the thing that smells is the gas itself - various sulfur compounds or mercaptan, for instance, won't be filtered out by an N95 mask.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
They literally can't get the bodies. If they didn't auto-reject my recent "for fun" job application even with my no-rehire status, you know that they're desperate.
I wonder what it’ll take for me to be able to show up and say listen, I could be put into the operation and drive all 3 boats (MK watercraft) but you are gonna look the other way about my medical MJ card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom