News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

G00fyDad

That’s the plan if the policy doesn’t change
Make It So Patrick Stewart GIF

LittleBuford

Yes. It’s the people who want everyone to make their own decisions that are the entitled ones. Definitely not the people that want the world to conform to their level of risk tolerance. Makes sense.
WDW is not the world. It's a privately owned resort that happens to be open while a global pandemic rages. Count yourself lucky that you can go at all, and wear your damn mask until the requirement is dropped.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
You have no idea! I have been having a grand old time seeing all the reactions here. I’m not going to waste more time on this but it is hilarious how angry the people who support mandates get when someone dares to think for themselves.
And how am I not thinking for myself?

Or is it only people that think like you that think for themselves? Keep using those tired buzzwords, but remember: this is a Disney fan site, not a right wing social media page.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sounds to me like you're a perfect candidate for a staycation then.
This is where I defend Mikey a little

we have a timeshare…that we showed Disney loyalty for years if not decades on…

and Disney has done a poor job of handling that these last two years. Very bad management.

loyalty is a two way street.

he could possibly pause/use his DVC in other manners if they gave just a tad of concern towards it

Last edited:

Angel Ariel

Yes. It’s the people who want everyone to make their own decisions that are the entitled ones. Definitely not the people that want the world to conform to their level of risk tolerance. Makes sense.
As you’ve written it here, the people who are “wanting everyone to make their own decisions” are also wanting the world to conform to their level of risk tolerance. It’s just that theirs is a higher tolerance of risk. But at the heart, thus really is two sides of the same coin.

The saddest thing to me in all of this is how it lays bare how much the world is divided right now, and will continue to be. Public health isn’t an individual issue. We are all connected and all of our choices impact everyone else when it comes to this. No one lives in a vacuum where their choice has no impact on anyone else when it comes to a non-sentient virus. 🤷‍♀️

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You have no idea! I have been having a grand old time seeing all the reactions here. I’m not going to waste more time on this but it is hilarious how angry the people who support mandates get when someone dares to think for themselves.
I’m not on the same page with you about breaking WDW rules. I wore one in September when I went. But at this point, if the experts cannot quantify the benefits of a vaccinated person wearing a mask in an environment like a big box store, walking into a restaurant, or in a queue at WDW, the requirement should go. Mandates for the sake of mandates, to provide only a false sense of security, is ridiculous at this point in the pandemic.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at the fact that the "rebels" here have taken to invoking saints, Star Trek characters, and civil liberties in their desperate bid to justify their entitlement. And all because they feel that visiting a theme park (!) maskless during a pandemic is some fundamental human right. You couldn't make this nonsense up.
That’s really all it is…

not everyone is the same here…some were pretty skeptical two years ago when we didn’t know anything and evolved as humans are capable of doing (big names here too)…

…the holdout now look really silly…trying to fight battles they lost and no one cares that they lose…or grinding unrelated axes from tv or the Internet because they were lampooned on other matters

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not on the same page with you about breaking WDW rules. I wore one in September when I went. But at this point, if the experts cannot quantify the benefits of a vaccinated person wearing a mask in an environment like a big box store, walking into a restaurant, or in a queue at WDW, the requirement should go. Mandates for the sake of mandates, to provide only a false sense of security, is ridiculous at this point in the pandemic.
Business set the rules they want…or are you a staunch supporter of the “free market when convenient” theory?

it’s really not more complicated than that. They run parks filled with animatronics…not perform emergency surgeries or provide critical infrastructure

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Masks do offer some protection to their wearers, too. How much depends on the type of mask, but it's not the case that they only work to stop outward spread.
Yep. But it varies greatly by the kind of mask worn.

I double mask daily when indoors, a KN95 + cloth over it, and have been doing so since I realized that far too many of my fellow Floridians don't care about anyone but themselves.

The positive side effect is that I haven't even gotten a cold since 2019.

AEfx

We don't give two flips about the parks. We go to Disney for the other experiences such as dining, golf, pool, lounges etc. And yes, the problem does lie with DW and I because, as is our right to have an opinion, we despise wearing masks on vacation we when don't have to do so at home. Paying to be inconvenienced on vacation isn't a vacation in our opinion.
If you truly don't care about the parks at all, maybe you should use this as an opportunity to expand your horizons. You can get much better dining, golf, pools, etc. at much, much nicer places than WDW, at much better prices. The reason the prices are what they are at WDW is entirely because of the proximity to the parks. You could get the same park-less experience for 2-3x less than what you are paying, or some really truly world-class stuff at the same price.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As you’ve written it here, the people who are “wanting everyone to make their own decisions” are also wanting the world to conform to their level of risk tolerance. It’s just that theirs is a higher tolerance of risk. But at the heart, thus really is two sides of the same coin.

The saddest thing to me in all of this is how it lays bare how much the world is divided right now, and will continue to be. Public health isn’t an individual issue. We are all connected and all of our choices impact everyone else when it comes to this. No one lives in a vacuum where their choice has no impact on anyone else when it comes to a non-sentient virus. 🤷‍♀️
This may be the best post on any covid thread…ever

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you truly don't care about the parks at all, maybe you should use this as an opportunity to expand your horizons. You can get much better dining, golf, pools, etc. at much, much nicer places than WDW, at much better prices. The reason the prices are what they are at WDW is entirely because of the proximity to the parks. You could get the same park-less experience for 2-3x less than what you are paying, or some really truly world-class stuff at the same price.
Agree…but it’s how he uses his DVC…so there’s an ongoing investment there you want to be able to use

imperfect world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom