Disneyland police blotter: Here are some of the crimes reported in September - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
>>To put Disneyland’s relatively low crime statistics into context, it’s important to understand how many people visit Disney’s Anaheim theme parks on a daily, monthly and annual basis.

Disneyland and Disney California Adventure welcome the equivalent of a small city’s population with 78,000 visiting the parks on a daily basis, according to the Themed Entertainment Association/AECOM. That’s nearly a quarter of Anaheim’s population of 350,000, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

In a typical month, Disneyland and DCA attract nearly 2.4 million visitors, according to the 2019 TEA/AECOM report. That’s just over half the size of the city of Los Angeles. In an average year, Disney’s two Anaheim theme parks host 28.6 million visitors, according to the TEA/AECOM report. That’s nearly three-quarters of the size of the California population.

The pre-pandemic 2019 attendance data represents the last time Disneyland and Disney California Adventure were open for a full calendar year. Disneyland attendance has bounced back to nearly 85% of 2019 levels, according to a report from Placer.ai, a firm that tracks foot traffic at theme parks, retailers and restaurants.<<

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
October's -

naheim Police Department call log for October at Disneyland:

• Friday, Oct. 1, 10:59 a.m. — Narcotics, citation issued
  • Saturday, Oct. 2, 9:49 a.m. — Narcotics, report taken
  • Monday, Oct. 4, 8:32 a.m. — Narcotics, citation issued
  • Monday, Oct. 4, 4:58 p.m. — Disturbing the peace, report taken
  • Tuesday, Oct. 5, 12:48 a.m. — Suspicious person, field interrogation conducted
  • Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2:06 p.m. — Trespassing, suspect booked
  • Wednesday, Oct. 6, 7:05 p.m. — Narcotics, citation issued
  • Thursday, Oct. 7, 9:30 p.m. — Drunk in public, suspect booked
  • Friday, Oct. 8, 10:13 a.m. — Brandishing a firearm, citation
  • Monday, Oct. 11, 10:58 a.m. — Narcotics, report taken
  • Tuesday, Oct. 12, 12:09 a.m. — Suspicious circumstances, report taken
  • Wednesday, Oct. 13, 9:21 a.m. — Trespassing, warning issued
  • Wednesday, Oct. 13, 10:25 a.m. — Trespassing, field interrogation conducted
  • Wednesday, Oct. 13, 11:04 a.m. — Assault and battery, report taken
  • Thursday, Oct. 14, 9:43 a.m. — Narcotics, citation issued
  • Friday, Oct. 15, 7:43 p.m. — Vandalism, citation issued
  • Saturday, Oct. 16, 3:06 p.m. — Narcotics, report taken
  • Saturday, Oct. 16, 4:44 p.m. — Brandishing a knife or non-firearm, report taken
  • Sunday, Oct. 17, 9:32 p.m. — Drunk in public, citation issued
  • Monday, Oct. 18, 6:32 p.m. — Annoying or threatening phone call, report taken
  • Monday, Oct. 18, 7:29 p.m. — Petty theft, citation issued
  • Monday, Oct. 18, 7:50 p.m. — Drunk in public, suspect booked
  • Wednesday, Oct. 20, 9:04 p.m. — Disturbing the peace, suspect booked
  • Thursday, Oct. 21, 9:21 p.m. — Disturbing the peace, report taken
  • Friday, Oct. 22, 7:28 p.m. — Assault and battery, report taken
  • Saturday, Oct. 23, 7:47 a.m. — Narcotics, citation issued
  • Monday, Oct. 25, 3:27 a.m. — Disturbing the peace, report taken
  • Monday, Oct. 25, 9:26 a.m. — Narcotics, report taken
  • Tuesday, Oct. 26, 10:43 p.m. — Trespassing, suspect booked
  • Wednesday, Oct. 27, 6:43 p.m. — Suspicious circumstances, report taken
  • Wednesday, Oct. 27, 7:43 p.m. — Assault and battery, report taken
  • Wednesday, Oct. 27, 8:56 p.m. — Suspicious circumstances, report taken
  • Thursday, Oct. 28, 7:39 p.m. — Disturbing the peace, citation issued
  • Thursday, Oct. 28, 11:08 p.m. — Narcotics, report taken
  • Saturday, Oct. 30, 11:06 p.m. — Narcotics, citation issued
  • Sunday, Oct. 31, 8:17 a.m. — Narcotics, citation issued

SuddenStorm

Back in fall of '19 I was in the Emporium with a friend, and a guy who was very drunk or under the influence of something got tackled by a security guard- he took two stands of merchandise down with him. Anaheim PD rushed in and got him arrested.

I remember hearing that Disney doesn't allow police officers in uniform inside the berm, but I imagine that was either an urban legend or a rule that was relaxed after the Toontown Brawl.

CaptinEO

Back in fall of '19 I was in the Emporium with a friend, and a guy who was very drunk or under the influence of something got tackled by a security guard- he took two stands of merchandise down with him. Anaheim PD rushed in and got him arrested.

I remember hearing that Disney doesn't allow police officers in uniform inside the berm, but I imagine that was either an urban legend or a rule that was relaxed after the Toontown Brawl.
Police officers are called inside the berm when needed. I've seen them arrest people in DCA's drug rave parties they used to hold at night. That show attracted the wrong crowd.

josh2000

that was either an urban legend or a rule that was relaxed after the Toontown Brawl.
I would hope that at least something changed after the Toontown brawl. That was seriously embarrassing. I had family members texting me telling me that they were shocked and assumed Disney would have better security.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom