Happy Thanksgiving to my WDW Magic Friends

CaptinEO

Original Poster
Happy Thanksgiving everybody! What are your plans this year?

My wife and I are getting together with our immediate family. I have been tasked with making the mashed potatoes and a turkey shaped cheese, salami, and crackers platter.

(example picture from google)
1637711210491.jpeg

Hope everyone has a fun Thanksgiving this Thursday!

Last edited:

mickEblu

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! What are your plans this year?

My wife and I are getting together with our immediate family. I have been tasked with making the mashed potatoes and a turkey shaped cheese, salami, and crackers platter.

View attachment 602599

Hope everyone has a fun Thanksgiving this Thursday!

I just finished making this. Yours is much more fun.

Happy Thanksgiving!

F5ABEA10-83AF-4168-8D0D-6BE6B774A71F.jpeg

Darkbeer1

Getting up way too early and walking....

And then go pay someone else to cook dinner.

We have 50 yard line tickets to the Boise State - SDSU game Friday morning with a 9 AM kickoff!

Go Aztecs!

Plus decorating the outside of the House for Christmas this weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

CaptinEO

Original Poster
Your cheese board is hysterical! Bravo!

My interstate family is assembling at the old family beach house in La Jolla. My culinary task is merely to pick up two pre-ordered pies from the Gelson's in Del Mar as I drive down there. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving one and all! 🦃
I have to say this is just a photo off the internet, but it will be my template for when I make one :).

Sounds like a fun time! Will have to check out Gelson's when I'm in the area.

mickEblu

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! As is tradition for my family at this point, we're ditching the turkey for ham.

So now that we have two kids, the thought of driving 2.5 hours to San Bernardino in traffic to join our large 40 person Thanksgiving party sounds nauseating. We re staying home and ditching the Turkey and Ham for Brisket… from Wood Ranch lol. All the sides and desserts will be homemade though.

TP2000

I have to say this is just a photo off the internet, but it will be my template for when I make one :).

Sounds like a fun time! Will have to check out Gelson's when I'm in the area.

Gelson's is great. Pricy, but great, especially for big holiday meals when you want to make it memorable. Top-notch customer service and very high quality.

I've got to tell this story here for @DrAlice 's sake, as she railed in the other thread about homemade cranberry sauce. I zoomed down the 5 late this afternoon and got my pies from Gelson's in Del Mar, and in a rare fit of culinary whimsy decide to also pick up all the fixin's for fresh cranberry sauce.

I get to the family beach house and am warmly welcomed, mostly because I brought a very good bottle of Rye Whiskey for the kids to turn into cocktails over the weekend. And once I'd unloaded the car, I decide to start making fresh cranberry sauce. @DrAlice says a 12 year old can do it! :rolleyes:

An hour later... the kitchen looks like a bomb went off. There are caramelized saucepans aplenty, orange peels and zest on the floor, honey spilled on the counter, crushed cranberries on the floor (the ones that rolled away), nutmeg somehow smeared on the over-the-range-microwave (I don't even remember touching the microwave!), and luckily a sticky Mason jar mostly full of something that looks like cranberry sauce.

The snarky niece walks into the kitchen and says "What the hell are you doing, pretending to be Julia Child on drugs?"

So easy a 12 year old can do it! My foot. 🧐

Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom