Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

mattpeto

Maybe this is old info?

According to the new Memorandum of Understanding with Disney, these laid-off workers maintain recall rights until the end of 2021.

Also found this:
The union goes to say that their members are protected through October 1, 2022 at which point further negotiations will be required of all employees have not returned to work.

Hmm?

gerarar

Premium Member
Well...happy belated birthday to VOLM even tho you're apprently dead!
Voyage-of-the-Little-Mermaid-30th-Anniversary-Pin.jpeg

Get it before the pins appears on eBay!

Pic from:

ToTBellHop

TikibirdLand

7-hour line tomorrow.
I know the attraction was old and dated (80's tech laser show, really?). But, our family loved it. I think it's because my DW's favorite movie is The Little Mermaid. I think she owns every t-shirt and ornament Disney and Hallmark made. While we like the ride at MK, a live show -- no matter how dated -- is better. We still miss it and a pin celebrating it just rubs that in for us.

ToTBellHop

I know the attraction was old and dated (80's tech laser show, really?). But, our family loved it. I think it's because my DW's favorite movie is The Little Mermaid. I think she owns every t-shirt and ornament Disney and Hallmark made. While we like the ride at MK, a live show -- no matter how dated -- is better. We still miss it and a pin celebrating it just rubs that in for us.
It’s more than a little tacky.

But I’d wait 7 hours for an exclusive Horizons 40th anniversary pair of underwear.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s more than a little tacky.

But I’d wait 7 hours for an exclusive Horizons 40th anniversary pair of underwear.

Don't give them any ideas! We all know how they love to leverage nostalgia for quick merchandising wins. Guessing the pin is just another one of these, or it was planned to be released in advance of the show closing.

celluloid

At the end of the day, aside from Indy, it is still superior to anything else that is operating as a daily live performer production in that park. Great indoor themed theater with pretty entertaining puppetry. It only left first because it is more costly than Beauty and The Beast.

MadTeacup

It only left first because it is more costly than Beauty and The Beast.
Where did you hear this? It only requires 1 equity Performer and 9 character performers. It's significantly cheaper to run per show than B&B and is more valuable to operations because it can run continuously. The ONLY reason it is still in limbo is because it is impossible to do a distanced version of the show - just ask Ursula about that one. They can't decide the future of the stage until it is possible to bring it back.

mm52200

Where did you hear this? It only requires 1 equity Performer and 9 character performers. It's significantly cheaper to run per show than B&B and is more valuable to operations because it can run continuously. The ONLY reason it is still in limbo is because it is impossible to do a distanced version of the show - just ask Ursula about that one. They can't decide the future of the stage until it is possible to bring it back.
Correct, that corner of the park is hurting without it, it does huge numbers and I’m sure they would love to have it up ASAP from a park Ops point of view. There apparently were/have been plans for it but the latest variant I think put a delay in that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom