News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

CJR

You can always buy the lowest tier and upgrade later if you're a FL Resident. Should they keep the others unavailable longer than desired.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
They know that for the next month there will unprecedented demand at pre-pandemic levels. They don’t have the workforce to support that level of capacity. After the very negative press from DLR with sold out park reservations, Can you imagine spending $1300+ On a single pass and not being able to use it?

APs are not profitable. They don’t want AP holders in the park. They would rather sell you conventional tickets and make much more off of you.

Last edited:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
It must really be bad. Remember through the end of the year most APs will not be usable for 3 out of those 6 weeks.

Really an FU to the most loyal guests. Maybe they’ll learn their lesson.

Touchdown

I know A LOT of DVC members were going to do this because Thanksgiving is blacked out with the new sorcerer pass.
I hope that’s not the reason, those DVC members likely booked their trips before the new blackout dates were announced and this would have been a one time work around.

It’s probably because they are going to announce the end of park reservations right? Right?

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

My biggest issue here is that people were lied to. Many who called to upgrade existing tickets to APs were told to wait until they were in the parks to avoid losing park reservations. I’d be livid if I took that advice now. I’m happy I said, “not worried about that; let’s upgrade now.”

There will be DVC members with hotel bookings for next year who planned on upgrading to APs based upon this bad advice.

M:SpilotISTC12

Disney listens to the surveys for feedback. However they can't have more people complain in the AP survey if they stop selling APs.
1637584675588.gif

Surferboy567

My biggest issue here is that people were lied to. Many who called to upgrade existing tickets to APs were told to wait until they were in the parks to avoid losing park reservations. I’d be livid if I took that advice now. I’m happy I said, “not worried about that; let’s upgrade now.”

There will be DVC members with hotel bookings for next year who planned on upgrading to APs based upon this bad advice.
…yeah, funny story about that. Definitely not happy right now. Ran the numbers and it’s a considerable loss on my part.

Muffinpants

…yeah, funny story about that. Definitely not happy right now. Ran the numbers and it’s a considerable loss on my part.
The week they told people to wait was rough but after that they updated the system and said many places that the reservations would not be touched. Also folks saying they have no capacity... I don't think that's it. I really think they wanna say a big F to the holiday crowds who would have upgraded tickets.

For non fl resident you need to go 13-15 days to break even on the pass.. how are they losing money? Are they gonna remove the AP discounts now? I am really surprised they are not forcing everyone into the incedipass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom