News Main Street Electrical Parade and A Christmas Fantasy Parade to return

VJ

Original Poster
Melissa Atwell, the one who did the music for the 1996 iteration of the Electrical Water Pageant (and the 2021 "The Magic is Calling" update). She worked on the vocal processing for the new announcement, but the voice itself is new:
View attachment 597623
Updated my post with an official statement by Melissa Atwell on the new announcement.

Rob562

This is so ****ing ridiculous. Not even the classic 50 year old parade “ladies and gentlemen” gets a pass? Days like this where I regret that my wife talked me into getting passes again and that I’m still giving Disney my money. I could deal with them not adding that statement to new parades or shows but to edit it out of a 50 year old parade that has gone down Main Street thousands of times to that intro is so obnoxious and extreme. Another absolutely unnecessary move done by that bored inclusivity group that’s putting Disneyland under a high powered microscope and over reacting in every way possible. I wonder how many people this move will help? Who are these 1.5 non binary people/ MSEP fans that were bothered by that old intro but will now sleep better at night knowing it’s not there? How many more thousands of people will it annoy?

If they edited the Disneyland versions intro (which is all but certain) I will not be watching it. I also would somehow how love to get main stream media to grab this story. Maybe I’ll tag Dave Chappelle or something. Something needs to turn this tide of insanity.

Tell me you're a straight, white male with no LGBT friends without telling me you're a straight, white male with no LGBT friends... 🙄

-Rob

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Wow! Dl got a Christmas Cavalcade as well today! It has DLP'S Christmas Cavalcade soundtrack from 2 years ago. Saw it on Twitter. I guess Cavalcades and Parades can work together.

TTA94

Your guess is as good as any

Well, June would fall in line with the original debut and would technically be the start of its 50th. Still early yet I suppose for summer announcements, that plus I’m sure Disney is still playing the cautious game.

pdude81

Well, June would fall in line with the original debut and would technically be the start of its 50th. Still early yet I suppose for summer announcements, that plus I’m sure Disney is still playing the cautious game.
Early on there were articles saying Spring, but never saw any reason for that speculation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom